(Topic ID: 266289)

Are my Police Force drop targets working correctly?

By Mutt

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mutt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi! I'm using this time stuck at home to work on my Police Force. I've rebuilt, repaired, and/or cleaned the flippers, the 3 pop bumpers, the 2 side kick bumpers, all the rubber, replaced the cracked ramps, relamped, & cleaned the playfield. I have 1 lighting circuit behind the backglass still to deal w/ that isn't lighting & 1/2 of my police lights up top are dim.

I've stopped by to ask about my drop targets. I got them working but is this right? here's a video showing them in action. when I drop 1 in 1 set, the other set resets 3 times. I can drop all 3 targets & each time the opposite set resets 3 times. the ones that are down won't reset until I take down 1 from the opposite set.

(yes I know, the playfield did not clean up well)

is it supposed to reset 3 times in a row or is it not seeing that targets reset? seems like a whole lot of banging all game long. just wanted to ask before I tried fixing something that's not wrong. if it is wrong, any suggestions?

note: each set of targets are in their correct locations & wired w/ the correct sets of wires. it is possible that I installed the wrong board on the wrong sets of drop downs but they have identical model #s so I'm sure that doesn't matter.

thanks in advance.

off topic, once I get done this one I plan on picking up my old man's F14 Tomcat & getting to work on that. My wife says we need to pickup a 3rd table that my 7yro can call his (don't have to twist my arm) so I'll be keeping an eye on the market for a Super Mario & then Allentown in 2months. (fingers crossed) He plays this table & our Aerosmith better than my wife so it's not that he needs an easier table. just looking for something he'd think looked cool.

#2 4 years ago

No, that's not correct at all.
Optos might not be wired correctly.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

No, that's not correct at all.
Optos might not be wired correctly.

looks like it's back down to the gameroom.

#4 4 years ago

figured it out. though I had the correct set of wires pulled into each board I had the 2 solenoids swapped. it's all good now.
thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-my-police-force-drop-targets-working-correctly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.