(Topic ID: 19352)

are my flippers suppose to act like this??

By Chudmeat

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sosage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I got a TS and it has an upper right flipper. When I barely push my right flipper button in, like approx 30% it'll flip the lower right flipper, but not the upper flipper. Then if I continue to push the button in further, the upper flipper will flip.

Is it designed to do this or is something wrong? Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

There are two switches sandwiched together (look inside the cab in back of the flipper button.

You can see how they are engaged.

#3 11 years ago

So, if you look, you can see that one switch is contacted before the other.

You can use a switch tool to adjust the switch leaves to make them almost simultaneous.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518&parent=96

#4 11 years ago

It's part of the design. How useful is it? Not sure beyond seeing that crazy PAPA tournament video where the guy was trapping balls and flipping the upper flipper at the same time. Can't remember the game or the name of the technique.

#5 11 years ago

That's indeed how it's supposed to work.

#6 11 years ago

+1

my son & i did it on TRON...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So, if you look, you can see that one switch is contacted before the other.
You can use a switch tool to adjust the switch leaves to make them almost simultaneous.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518&parent=96

Shadow uses opto boards not leaf switches. And this is correct (and desired) behavior. Now make sure you can shoot left orbit, hold upper flipper, and hit mode start from that. If not you need to fix your upper flipper angle.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Shadow uses opto boards not leaf switches.

I'm an idiot.

I saw TS and somehow had in my head High Speed.

Dyslexia here I come...

#9 11 years ago

Wasn't it actually patented or trademarked when first released?

#10 11 years ago

As mentioned, very normal and highly desired for competitive play. Staged flipping is key to a ton of upper flipper based games. Actually...I can't think of an upper flipper game where that technique does not come in handy. When I step up to a machine, one of the first things I check for is where the "sweet spot" is for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,895 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-my-flippers-suppose-to-act-like-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.