(Topic ID: 214875)

Are music CD's dead?

By Mr68

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png
    michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-20 (resized).jpg
    69A5E2A2-F5DE-4437-A851-74102D87518A (resized).jpeg
    5FE9AD5D-C441-42BD-B6CF-6AF57EC5B7FC (resized).jpeg
    zzzz8 track (2) (resized).png
    zzzzzzzzz CList (resized).png
    Janacek_gramo_gypsies (resized).jpg
    zzzzzz5896848410_bb437c0467_b (resized).jpg
    tumblr_p65ykiv20r1v5i3nmo1_540.gif
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    MI0003416187 (resized).jpg
    mahhhxresdefault (resized).jpg
    1524098189183908704368 (resized).jpg
    9A9A9F9C-E57E-45AF-BE12-BFA6A4ACE260 (resized).png
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    UltimatePrequelleOffering_1024x1024 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago

I've ripped all of my collection to mp3, ripping the last of my wife's collection. The only albums she's keeping are the really rare ones as backup. Thought about a CD jukebox for years, then thought "Why would I want to deal with mechanisms? There's no benefit". Started to build a touchscreen juke, need to get back to it. My local arcade bought a jukebox and the player failed so he replaced the entire CD mech with a hard drive direct plugin. Now not only is it reliable, but he can control it remotely from his front desk.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Would love to see your touch screen jukebox documented in a thread, if you start at it again.

I doubt I would start a thread, there isn't much to setting up the software. The software I was messing around with is called Zenpoint digital center. Here's a video of some other guy showing it off:

There's a trial version, the full version is $39? He talks about buying a touchscreen from monoprice, but a 24" monitor is still going to run you $300. I bought a working 21" touch monitor for like $50 on ebay. Basically it was a hospital monitor, corner of the bezel got a crack so they sold it off. If your'e really interested, I would go download the software on your computer, use your mouse to click around, see how to setup directories and have it auto grab album art.. If you like it, you can go to the next step of finding a monitor, whatever desktop you want to use with it, and a nice amp/speaker setup.

http://www.download.zenpoint.org/Download

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Each crate is worth about a new nib premium

Here is one for instance that I have 2 copies of.

Yea but is it REALLY worth that? Discogs is an open market like ebay. Yes they want $560, but is someone really going to give them that? I'm only aware of that site because there was a bunch of albums called "edit crazy" by a local chicago DJ named Bobby D on a station that still exists today called B96 that you would likely only find locally. It was all mixed house music that I grew up with. 10 years ago you could still buy them for about $15, now there aren't any for sale. Luckily I have most of them on mp3 either by ripping what I had, or finding them on ebay.

Quoted from pinkid:

I'll take an album or CD any day

Maybe I'm not old fashioned, but I can't fathom having to fumble through CD's to find the song I'm looking for. My mp3 NAS is somewhat organized (could be better), but I have a section for full albums, then I have categories for random songs like cover songs, comedy, mashups.. it's so nice to be able to just throw a folder, or a chunk of songs into a player, and just quickly flip through songs. It's also nice to be able to simply use windows search like all songs with *dance* in the title.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-music-cds-dead?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.