(Topic ID: 214875)

Are music CD's dead?

By Mr68

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png
    michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-20 (resized).jpg
    69A5E2A2-F5DE-4437-A851-74102D87518A (resized).jpeg
    5FE9AD5D-C441-42BD-B6CF-6AF57EC5B7FC (resized).jpeg
    zzzz8 track (2) (resized).png
    zzzzzzzzz CList (resized).png
    Janacek_gramo_gypsies (resized).jpg
    zzzzzz5896848410_bb437c0467_b (resized).jpg
    tumblr_p65ykiv20r1v5i3nmo1_540.gif
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    MI0003416187 (resized).jpg
    mahhhxresdefault (resized).jpg
    1524098189183908704368 (resized).jpg
    9A9A9F9C-E57E-45AF-BE12-BFA6A4ACE260 (resized).png
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    UltimatePrequelleOffering_1024x1024 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from jsandjs:

I listen to most formats but I still prefer CD's. The sound quality is usually much better...

There's always a couple things going on here. I don't think CDs would sound any better than any file format as long as they are the same. Obviously, MP3s are worse than cds, but downloading WAV or Flaac+ stuff CDS wouldn't be any worse than CDs

As for newer music I always think it's produced/mixed differently to sound "better" on shitty earbuds and small music players/speakers.

EDIT: I just got a CD in the mail a few days ago

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think uncompressed downloads are not offered for music and videos by Amazon and Apple iTunes as a majority of customers buying digital only care about quality sound and picture quality to a certain extent.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I try to buy things from Bandcamp now. I used to do Amazon but always refuse Apple.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I've ripped all of my collection to mp3,...

That was the issue with lots of us. Ripped everything to shitty mp3 when HDD space wasn't as cheap and then had to go back and re rip at higher quality

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

...And you can get the lossless FLAC!

Not always offered in FLAC sadly but yes Bandcamp always

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

While I'm here, haha, can anyone tell me how I can get my bandcamp flacs to my iPod? Fucking fuck I hate this damn thing. Never mind, best thing for it is a goddamn hammer. Done with Apple.

You need to convert them into ALAC files cause Apple blows.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Legacy formats rule!
    4) laserdisc

As much as it pains me to say it LDs doesn't rule anymore. I still have my Criterion 2001 box set though...damn that was sweet.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

If that’s your criteria for success........

it's a big deal to them Illionisers (sp?)

#140 6 years ago

Pm (resized).jpegPm (resized).jpeg

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Recently most of the last few titles that were unavailable on Blu-ray or dvd have finally been rereleased. The only one I have that hasn’t is the original/unedited song of the south.

Nice!
    Yeah they finally caught up pretty well, forever we always had the one of 2 that wasn't available.

#154 6 years ago

I just always thought "vinyl sounded better" because those people are on the drugs

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I get what you're saying, but as a casual listener, you just made my point of what extremes I don't want to go to.

Like anything you're not a connoisseur of; be graftefull. I've had $100 steaks and they taste the same as an Outback, which is fine by me.

#230 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Well if there is still some form of power to run a turntable then...

Your hand or foot.

#263 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Which reminds me, have you seen the BBC documentary on R Kelly? I've loved his music but it's pretty much ruined for me at this point.

Naw I think i was cured when he married a 15 year old over 20 years ago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-music-cds-dead?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.