(Topic ID: 214875)

Are music CD's dead?

By Mr68

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png
    michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-20 (resized).jpg
    69A5E2A2-F5DE-4437-A851-74102D87518A (resized).jpeg
    5FE9AD5D-C441-42BD-B6CF-6AF57EC5B7FC (resized).jpeg
    zzzz8 track (2) (resized).png
    zzzzzzzzz CList (resized).png
    Janacek_gramo_gypsies (resized).jpg
    zzzzzz5896848410_bb437c0467_b (resized).jpg
    tumblr_p65ykiv20r1v5i3nmo1_540.gif
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    MI0003416187 (resized).jpg
    mahhhxresdefault (resized).jpg
    1524098189183908704368 (resized).jpg
    9A9A9F9C-E57E-45AF-BE12-BFA6A4ACE260 (resized).png
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    UltimatePrequelleOffering_1024x1024 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Legacy formats rule!
    1) cassettes
    2) DAT tapes
    3) vinyl
    4) laserdisc
    5)cd/dvd/blue ray
    Most of my gear is circa 1988-1999 and the sound quality crushes compressed formats on a real stereo system. Yes I know it’s not portable but I don’t care about that. People are blown away when I play them well know music on my basement system. “I never heard or noticed all the details “is the most common response.

Damn!

While I still listen to my CDs, I really don't buy them anymore. Can't believe some of mine are getting up to almost 30 years old. I do stream, but only in my car. When I listen at home, it's to vinyl including 45s. The richness can't compete with a digital format.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Neither vinyl, tapes, or CD's are "coming back". Legacy formats surviving is a niche market is NOT the same thing as "coming back".
    Please note, I'm not ripping on people using them. I occasionally like dipping back into older formats. But let's not confuse a healthy niche market with "coming back".

What percent of annual sales do you consider a niche market?

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im an older guy (50) so i guess not that old but old enough lol and i would disagree. Two examples...

Both those bands are great. Saw Greta, major talent. Their sounds is similar to Zep, but not a cover band.

BSmoke is awesome as well.

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

DRC bombed as a single, in fact, the song sucked so bad, it did not even chart.
    Beth was starting to be played in a few markets, so KISS re-released the single, with Beth as the A side instead.
    The single with DRC as the A side is much more valuable today.

Plus the mix of the DRC on the single is different than any other version.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-music-cds-dead?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.