(Topic ID: 214875)

Are music CD's dead?

By Mr68

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png
    michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-20 (resized).jpg
    69A5E2A2-F5DE-4437-A851-74102D87518A (resized).jpeg
    5FE9AD5D-C441-42BD-B6CF-6AF57EC5B7FC (resized).jpeg
    zzzz8 track (2) (resized).png
    zzzzzzzzz CList (resized).png
    Janacek_gramo_gypsies (resized).jpg
    zzzzzz5896848410_bb437c0467_b (resized).jpg
    tumblr_p65ykiv20r1v5i3nmo1_540.gif
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    MI0003416187 (resized).jpg
    mahhhxresdefault (resized).jpg
    1524098189183908704368 (resized).jpg
    9A9A9F9C-E57E-45AF-BE12-BFA6A4ACE260 (resized).png
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    UltimatePrequelleOffering_1024x1024 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

CD's have died and vinyl is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if you are joking or not...

I think vinyl is the best way to go right now for music purchases. You get a large version of the album artwork, and all the inserts, etc that go with it. Most of the time as well, you get a digital download card. So not only do you get a nice piece of artwork to look at and display while you play an album, but You also get a digital copy. All for under $20. Some times under $10.

Ive got a record player space for listening to records, and I have my bluetooth devices to do spotify. If I am humming or singing a song or songs off an album long enough, I feel the obligation to buy the LP.

I used to rip CDs like crazy, download like crazy, trade with other people, and store all this digital music. The organization required alone is maddening and ultimately caused me to give up on all that. Ive got about a TB of music from 1900-2015...i slowed down considerably after 2015.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I doubt I would start a thread, there isn't much to setting up the software. The software I was messing around with is called Zenpoint digital center. Here's a video of some other guy showing it off:
    » YouTube video
    There's a trial version, the full version is $39? He talks about buying a touchscreen from monoprice, but a 24" monitor is still going to run you $300. I bought a working 21" touch monitor for like $50 on ebay. Basically it was a hospital monitor, corner of the bezel got a crack so they sold it off. If your'e really interested, I would go download the software on your computer, use your mouse to click around, see how to setup directories and have it auto grab album art.. If you like it, you can go to the next step of finding a monitor, whatever desktop you want to use with it, and a nice amp/speaker setup.
    http://www.download.zenpoint.org/Download

I have NOT had luck with zenpoint. It only recognizes a portion of my music, and when I retagged with picard, it recognized even less. I gave up. Takes an hour to load up too, very annoying.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

todays music is horrible and the sad part is todays singers are getting paid record amounts of money for songs that are no where near as good as the older singers-groups-songs

Typical old man opinion. Look around, its not all on the radio

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

well no reason to thumb me down

Thumbs mean nothing other than i dont agree with you. Dont take them personally. This isnt Facebook.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Neither vinyl, tapes, or CD's are "coming back". Legacy formats surviving is a niche market is NOT the same thing as "coming back".
    Please note, I'm not ripping on people using them. I occasionally like dipping back into older formats. But let's not confuse a healthy niche market with "coming back".

Dude, they sell vinyl at crate and barrel. Its back baby.

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

If that’s your criteria for success........

Im just saying that if its made its way into retail furniture outlets, then its definitely on the upswing. Ive seen then at target as well.

There are a few really big record shops out here too, doing very well

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-music-cds-dead?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.