(Topic ID: 42580)

Are iPad/phone screen covers the same as...

By SealClubber

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rancegt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

...the Pinball Pal Stealth protectors? A fellow Pinsider Gizzard made the connection so we were wondering if they were made of the same stuff. Sure seems like it. Has anyone done a comparison?

#2 11 years ago

And I'm sure it would be easier to take off with freeze spray than mylar

#3 11 years ago

To my knolwedge most of the iphone/ipad screen protectors are static cling vinyl (there are also some wet adhesives, but I presume that's not what you're talking about). The stealth protectors use a removable adhesive.

In certain curcumstances the static cling vinyl works well on a pinball game. They require a smooth, glossy surface to adhere well.

#4 11 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised. I've used products from one industry in a completely different industry and have had great success. It's amazing how much cheaper things can be, too. Same exact materials, same basic functions, but one industry's suppliers charge 5 times more for the same exact stuff.

It's all who(or in this case what) you know.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

To my knolwedge most of the iphone/ipad screen protectors are static cling vinyl (there are also some wet adhesives, but I presume that's not what you're talking about). The stealth protectors use a removable adhesive.
    In certain curcumstances the static cling vinyl works well on a pinball game. They require a smooth, glossy surface to adhere well.

I've used several and I don't think any were static cling vinyl. I haven't done any research, but it seems like a low tack silicone adhesive. I've thought of using these on machines, but they seem kind of thick for a playfield.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-ipadphone-screen-covers-the-same-as and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.