(Topic ID: 150648)

Are gold mirrored pin blades worth the extra on IM?

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01252_(resized).JPG
DSC01253_(resized).JPG
DSC01255_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Definitely want to go w mirrored blades on my IMVE....think the gold would look great, but crap, $195 vs $89 for standard chrome....I want to do it right the first time w no regrets....on this title, what's your take? Keep in mind I'm heavily modding the machine ( custom figures, killer backbox light, full powder w el inserts, etc.)

#3 8 years ago

Sounds like a no brainer.... Go 4 GOLD!

#4 8 years ago

Dang. I didn't even know there was gold. Might look good in GOT pro or LE. Hmmm

#5 8 years ago

Sort of figured this would be the response..dammit!!!....

Suspect the gold will kill on this one....

#6 8 years ago

I have gold on my LOTR and they are really nice.. they have ball dents in them tho when new flipper coils were added...

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I have gold on my LOTR and they are really nice.. they have ball dents in them tho when new flipper coils were added...

Mine always get a few dings over time....put the badass black chrome on TRONLE , dings or not, still the right choice....my SM has regular chrome, which I like a lot....all I know is this " affordable" IMVE is starting to cost me out the ass, and more frustrating that I can't play it until I get my damn powder hardware back ( hopefully next week)!!!!!!

#8 8 years ago

I put standard mirror blades on mine and they REALLY make the random magenta, purple, and blue led's I sprinkled in the GI pop. I considered gold but was worried they might mute them. If you're just doing plain white throughout then the gold would probably look super bad ass. Here's a quick snap of mine. Whichever ones you choose they make a huge difference since the PF is so wide open.

#9 8 years ago

I'm not so sure on gold here. I can't help but feel gold always throws an antique feel over the atmosphere. Absolutely stunning on LOTR but IM?, hmmmm I don't think you will do better than plain.

#10 8 years ago

Man I've tried standard mirror blades, custom vinyl artwork, and the red vinyl art on gold Pinblades from pingraffix. Love the Pinblades from pingraffix. They supposedly have a new design coming out so we will see:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11 8 years ago

I installed gold mirror blades in my Pinball Refinery IM and I think they add a nice touch. I didn't like paying twice as much for the gold, but in the end I personally feel that they were worth the extra $, given the red and gold theme that I wanted to carry into the playfield from the cabinet and the other options available at the time.

DSC01255_(resized).JPGDSC01255_(resized).JPG

DSC01253_(resized).JPGDSC01253_(resized).JPG

DSC01252_(resized).JPGDSC01252_(resized).JPG

#12 8 years ago

I believe I'm with you....no turning back now!!!

3 weeks later
#13 8 years ago

Bump....about time to pull the trigger on these....I really like the cool whites " as is" on the GI ...makes the color on the plastics really pop, imho....so thinking the gold will be perfect....anyone have a pic w just the cool white GI and mirrors ( plain or gold), or am I the only guy that likes this look?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bump....about time to pull the trigger on these....I really like the cool whites " as is" on the GI ...makes the color on the plastics really pop, imho....so thinking the gold will be perfect....anyone have a pic w just the cool white GI and mirrors ( plain or gold), or am I the only guy that likes this look?

No you're not. I just haven't pulled the trigger on gold mirrors for my GOT yet. Haha

#15 8 years ago

damn you guys!! LOL here goes more $$ on this machine... grrrrr.....

#16 8 years ago

Gold on IM? I can see gold on LOTR and GOT (pro or le only) but IM?

#17 8 years ago

Go for the gold!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Mainly trying to tie in the gold and red theme......I know the standard mirrors will look great, especially w colored GI, but thinking if I'm staying cool white, then the gold could work great...all armor, apron, etc. already candy red, so gold could be the right choice (?)....

1 week later
#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

After much contemplating, I believe pure chrome is the way to go....just ordered a set....am going to fill the red and blue plastics too, but leave the cool white on the pic plastics ( TRON like) we will see.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-gold-mirrored-pin-blades-worth-the-extra-on-im and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.