Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are goat eggs overpriced now?”

• No, the market has spoken 14 votes
      61%
    • Yes, obviously 9 votes
      39%

(23 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

goat_pus (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210628_132920 (resized).png
    black_goat (resized).jpeg
    20210624_111940 (resized).jpg
    9508E1C9-6DF4-4477-9BB1-DAB1012EEB0F (resized).jpeg
    dragonegg (resized).JPG
    200w.gif
    20210623_161026 (resized).jpg
    20210623_160957 (resized).jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Well, I think that the topic is pretty clear. I know goat eggs are expensive. Sure, everyone does. But are we really to the point that a single goat egg is really worth two pinball machines?

20210623_160957 (resized).jpg20210623_160957 (resized).jpg20210623_161026 (resized).jpg20210623_161026 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

I’m pretty sure the bubble will burst now that the pandemic is over and people are going out and realize they don’t need their goat eggs anymore

#3 2 years ago

Wtf is a goat egg?

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Wtf is a goat egg?

Goats meet. Fall in love. Build a nest. Lay an egg. And sit on it until it hatches.

Where do you think goats come from ?

LTG : )

#5 2 years ago

If the egg is fertilized or not could have a huge difference on value/price.

If not fertilized no matter how long you sit on it you won't get a goat.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Goats meet.

Goats meat?

200w.gif200w.gif
    #7 2 years ago

Rarer and more valuable are dragon eggs.

I have one fertilized unhatched specimen left.

Now accepting offers for this rare commodity.

No low ballers. I know what I have.

dragonegg (resized).JPGdragonegg (resized).JPG
    #8 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Rarer and more valuable are dragon eggs.

These were once sold at renaissance fairs many years ago. Long sold out.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If not fertilized no matter how long you sit on it you won't get a goat

Yeah, there are a lot of goat egg scams. Always buy your eggs from a trusted breeder. And get them evaluated by a licensed medicus capra.

#11 2 years ago

Make 100% certain that your seller packs them well and marks the box "NO FORKS" as the resonance of the tines/tynes on the forklift can vibrate the eggs at just the right frequency to crack them.

#12 2 years ago

I prefer my goat eggs poached.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I prefer my goat eggs poached.

You really should buy them like everybody else.

#14 2 years ago

Yeah, I don't like poachers. When you see a sable queen on a ridge, her 6 eyes flashing and her probiscus fully extended while she howls at the moon, it's just so breathtaking and majestic. How could anyone poach such a creature?

#15 2 years ago

I want to know the title if the next goat egg, who is the designer and code writer.
    Will it ship with an incomplete code and will it move???

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Wtf is a goat egg?

Inside joke I guess. Be careful what people offer when you are selling an IJ TPA below market price.

#17 2 years ago

This is a typical Post from the I.B.I.
    Disregard.

#18 2 years ago

interesting, if we found that, it would be left over from Easter.

Is this for real

#19 2 years ago

That depends,did they come from this Goat?

9508E1C9-6DF4-4477-9BB1-DAB1012EEB0F (resized).jpeg9508E1C9-6DF4-4477-9BB1-DAB1012EEB0F (resized).jpeg
    #20 2 years ago

That doesn't look like it lays eggs....

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

That doesn't look like it lays eggs....

That looks like it can lay whatever it wants whenever it wants.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ha !!!

#23 2 years ago

It's well known in some circles that there is a large overlap between some of the high end goat egg dealers and pinball players. After searching the dark web for a while, I'm pretty sure that Lady Marmalade is owned by an Englishman named Sir Myke Poppington-Hornsucker Thryce III. I can't find a picture, but a barrister once described him as a cross between Tom Selleck and Rosanne Barr, with the hairline of Danny Devito.
    He famously had a feud with a former friend named Archival, which makes sense, given the text.
    Trying to find more information now...

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You sir are on a roll in this thread! lol Too funny. I call dibs on that dragon egg!!

#25 2 years ago

If it only had a topper and was a CE version. Silly people don’t know their Goat Eggs apparently. I’d have to think twice before I’d even give them my T2 for that thing!

#26 2 years ago

I fully expected to see an image of Mr Elwin on the egg, now at least I know mine is rarer and more valuable

#27 2 years ago

If I’m not mistaken, I spy dimpling on the shell - or is it pooling?

Sell sell sell

#28 2 years ago

Some goat eggs are dimpled. It's cosmetic. The prismatic breed are all dimpled, from what I understand.

#29 2 years ago

That looks like my goat egg.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from guss:

That looks like my goat egg.

It also looks a lot like my goiter.

#31 2 years ago

I bought a LE one and now it is chipping. WTF?!?

20210624_111940 (resized).jpg20210624_111940 (resized).jpg
    #32 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Some goat eggs are dimpled. It's cosmetic. The prismatic breed are all dimpled, from what I understand.

If your internal goat egg chute has speed bumps. Your goat egg gets dimples.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If your internal goat egg chute has speed bumps. Your goat egg gets dimples.

I wouldn't know. Sad to say, I'm not rich enough to have much experience with goat egg production. My mom once had a goat that had been removed from an unlicensed breeder. It was defanged, had the venom sac removed and she kept the disembowling dew claws filed down. I don't remember much about it, but the blight control officer told me later that memory loss is normal.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

but the blight control officer told me later that memory loss is normal.

Sadly, that is one of the risks of goat egg production.

Well worth it if you don't succumb to it. If you do get it. Doesn't matter. You won't remember it anyway.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

an Englishman named Sir Myke Poppington-Hornsucker Thryce III.

Oh, THAT guy.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Oh, THAT guy.

That's him. Knew him well.

#37 2 years ago

Wow. Now that I'm thinking back, I once did rum shots in a dive bar near West Bay, Florida, with a guy named Archie Sorwhole. I was there on a vintage SCUBA dive meet. We met randomly and got to talking about dangerous habits, like spearfishing for shoggoth spawn off of Catalina. And, just now, I found a reference to the guy that Sir Thryce mentioned: Archival Bennings Hemmingford Sorwhole. What are the odds that that was the same guy?
    Dude wore a peacoat in July in Florida. Dark hair, huge beard and big bushy eyebrows. Like he had a handlebar mustache above each eye. Missing a pinky on his left hand. Stood well over 6 feet tall. Almost drank me under the table. Luckily, my buddy Keith picked me up to head back to Destin. I'm not sure it was a good idea to be getting drunk there.
    The oddest thing about it was that I could never find that bar again. And no one in town remembered it when I asked around. I must have drank a lot!

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

What are the odds that that was the same guy?

They are the same guy. Both were buddies with O.D. Cleaver. Though O.D. was a cowboy. He didn't go in for shoggoth spawn no matter how good they tasted.

#39 2 years ago

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Though O.D. was a cowboy

Oh, was he the dude in that one picture on the horse? If so, I really dug that saddle. So freaking metal, man! Just lined with skulls!
    Actually, now that I think about it, that was over a dozen skulls on the side of the saddle. How big was that horse?

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

How big was that horse?

Pretty big. I'd guess at least 18 hands.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pretty big. I'd guess at least 18 hands.

Oh, maybe it was a retired British police horse. One of the Enhanced-Mobility Operational Capability Upgrade Mounts I heard about.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Oh, maybe it was a retired British police horse. One of the Enhanced-Mobility Operational Capability Upgrade Mounts I heard about.

Or a short Clydesdale. Who has short horse syndrome.

LTG : (

#44 2 years ago

I found an artist's rendition of a wild mother goat. It's a bit of a caricature, but the eyes were well done.

black_goat (resized).jpegblack_goat (resized).jpeg
    #45 2 years ago
    IMG_20210628_132920 (resized).pngIMG_20210628_132920 (resized).png
    #46 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

the eyes were well done.

Extremely accurate.

Hooves are rendered good too.

#47 2 years ago

It's been a weird weekend. I tried to get in contact with that diving buddy, Keith, that I mentioned. I met him on a vintage scuba website(vintage doublehose maybe? Might have been vintage scuba supply's forum). Anyway, we talked for years, then lost touch. I just tried to contact him to see if he remembered that bar where I met Archival. But I don't have any emails from him anymore. Or contacts. His account isn't on any of the forums. I even tried calling the shop where he worked, and no one knows who he is.
    There is some strangeness swirling around these people.

#48 2 years ago

Cool thing about goat eggs: you can have your egg, and eat it too!

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

There is some strangeness swirling around these people.

It's goat egg gate all over again.

The man's keeping us down.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The man's keeping us down.

Eh, I might just be getting old! The more I think about it, the more things I can remember about that bar. The way it smelled, the bartender who made Marty Feldman's eyes look normal. An old Polybius arcade game in the corner(which didn't match the rest of the decor, but then kinda did) which this short dude played the whole time, without even looking around. But this is the part that messed me up this morning. I can also remember stopping by that spot, not going into any bar and driving back to the motel. I had a nightmare about that last night.
    I was there because I used to live in that town, back when the old draw bridge was still up. So I stopped at the waterfront to walk along the part of the old bridge that is still there. You can still the old bridge in maps: 30.294547412663118, -85.85794594880372
    Too much liquor, man.
    Anyway, one of you jokers must have my number, because someone left a voicemail on my phone. Mostly static, but someone mumbled something about eggs. If the phone number wasn't unknown, I would have called back.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-goat-eggs-overpriced-now?hl=oldbaby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.