• Latest reply 8 years ago by agodfrey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullpfL.jpg
jpark-de-pd-fs-vp9-mod-wip80-resized.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 8 years ago

opinion TZ-yes TAF-no

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

It is always a supply and demand thing. For discussion purposes, all W/B pins cost *about* the same amount when new, but their values now range from half to 3 or 4X their original costs. The reason their current values are all over the place is because there is a different demand today for each game, and the demand is driven by lots of factors, but primarily game play, then theme and art.
For example, I think soccer blows. I hate it when some Spanish-speaking announcer gets an aneurism while screaming "GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!" like something awesome has just happened either on TV (or in a pinball machine)....but I understand that something rare and special actually has just happened, as opposed to everything else in the past 45 minutes. I hate that goofy little dog that was a mascot in the 94 World Cup. Speaking of the World Cup, that trophy in that game looks like something I created in 2nd grade art class. Golden Blob. FIFA probably paid $10,000,000 to have that designed, including kickbacks. And no one should be surprised how quickly a pin appears dated when it is themed around one given event in one given year. Addams could be built today and it would be fresh. The window for a 1994 World Cup pin closed in like September, 21 years ago. Now that I think about it, every soccer-themed pin in history pretty much blows too. Add in lackluster (for me, and others) gameplay to all that, and the value of a WCS is $2,000 or whatever it is; I sure don't pay attention.
On the other hand, what's not to like about TAF? Classic comic strip, TV show, and movies. Morticia is HOT. Lurch is creepy. Thing is just about the coolest thing ever on a pinball machine. Cousin It is neat. Uncle Fester? Great name, and he can make a bulb light up in his mouth! Everybody knows the music, snap snap.
They made 25,000 of them and their price is high now, not because they are rare, but because more people think it is a better game and want one. In short, you get what you pay for.

I prefer WCS.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
$ 29.00
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Led
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-games-like-taf-and-tz-worth-it?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.