New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 66518)

Are expo sessions streamed anywhere?

By zucot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jags
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Is anyone doing live reporting from things like the stern seminar?

#3 7 years ago

PAPA.tv will be live streaming tournament coverage.

#4 7 years ago

Pinball news sometimes has mp3s on there website later not live. Very nice though.

#5 7 years ago

PAPA now has this capability, and we will be broadcasting seminars and similar live from different events in the future, but I need to speak with Mike regarding his feelings on the matter before commenting on Expo specifically.

As Doug mentioned, we will, however, be broadcasting tournament coverage and will be attempting to set up live interviews.

#6 7 years ago

I can put ya on speaker phone if you want bro.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

PAPA now has this capability, and we will be broadcasting seminars and similar live from different events in the future, but I need to speak with Mike regarding his feelings on the matter before commenting on Expo specifically.

It is a paid event, so giving away the content for free might be an issue if there's concern that it might motivate people on the fence to not bother coming. People like myself can never make it to expo though so there's no loss of ticket sales there. I wonder what kind of win-win can be figured out.

Pay-per-view? Ad supported? Sponsorship?

Could even be something as simple as your ticket for entry gets you access to the online component, so even if I was not attending in person I might still buy a ticket for that.

If you read this Mike, maybe you can give it some thought. Might as well get ahead of the technology curve.

#8 7 years ago

I think that's one of those why buy the milk when you have the cow at home things. The seminars are a good part of what makes Expo what it is. Pinball News will have them up fairly quick though.

#9 7 years ago

If recording live is a problem for the reasons described, a 4 -5 camera professional recording with active cuts is also not much of a problem anymore, and we can have those posted fairly quickly, if not live, since nearly all of the editing is done in the moment.

I've contacted Mike and will see what he says, and there's zero chance I will want to step on his toes. PAPA's happy to help with this in addition to tournament footage, but it has to work for everyone.

mhs

#10 7 years ago

Any updates, Mark?

#11 7 years ago

How do we access live Papa content. Going to papa.tv just brings me to papa.org. Or maybe I need to wait for live coverage to be "live"?

#12 7 years ago

Anyone going to record the Jersey Jack Pinball fireside chat tonight?

#13 7 years ago

I don't have the full story, but from what I was told, Mike was okay with the streaming, but there were others involved who objected, so I didn't press it. Perhaps next year, perhaps not. Either way, I plan on broadcasting seminars and interviews from other shows in the future.

mhs

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 64.00
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,599.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 10,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,200.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Nerd Decals
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside