• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 63 days ago

bright to the point of insanity?

#2 63 days ago

Sadly it seems all leds flashers are insanely bright. My al's had led flashers and it was the number one complaint. I love the idea and the look, but why do they have to be so obnoxious?

#3 63 days ago

It would be nice if they made 2 or 3 SMD flashers with frosted caps on them. Don't know why they all have to be exposed SMDs

#4 63 days ago

Depends on location and orientation in my experience. I put some on an addams family and they were obnoxious to me (the owner loved them though)

I've used them on Dr who, jurassic park and also world cup soccer and felt they weren't in your face but noticeable.

#5 63 days ago

As a general rule of thumb, I tend to use use the 5 SMD flasher if there's a direct line of sight to it, and the 8 SMD flasher if it's hidden under things.

I used a 10 SMD flasher is in AFM's mothership saucer's green dome. The other flashers weren't bright enough to cut through the dome since it's so dark. I don't think I've had occasion to use it anywhere else yet. Maybe larger darker inserts, but I think I just used the 8 SMD flex flashers for those for the most part.

#6 63 days ago

But 9 SMD #906 and 8 SMD are supposed to be brighter than 5 SMD Flasher, right?

#7 63 days ago
Quoted from SDM0:

But 9 SMD #906 and 8 SMD are supposed to be brighter than 5 SMD Flasher, right?

yes, the 8/9/10 SMD flashers are brighter than the 5 SMD flashers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside