(Topic ID: 276764)

Are Classic Arcades translites good quality?

By sandro

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
07D4D1E0-C1FB-4D99-B93F-FF76F0BD1BF8 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200906-191442_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
0d639bc8504f850dbb9c0b371084b448cb7b69ed (resized).jpg
9BA61006-A8ED-4991-89C8-294B6B04AA31 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased a translite from classic-arcades.com? How is their quality? I think I've seen some unhappy with their decals, but I don't recall much about their translites. I'm specifically looking for a replacement for my #HSII.

#2 3 years ago

I'd like an answer on this too
they have something I want, better than nothing I suppose

#3 3 years ago

Search classic Arcades here on pinside.
As an example: paid 25 for slng plastics at allentown. Bottom one is original, his is the top. Not even close and matches nothing in game.
I purchased his hot stamped pop bumper caps for high speed. NOT hot stamped. Just screen printed.
For me, if there are absolutely no other options then it is what it is.
But do not believe his descriptions.

9BA61006-A8ED-4991-89C8-294B6B04AA31 (resized).jpeg9BA61006-A8ED-4991-89C8-294B6B04AA31 (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago

Classics arcades gets way too much flack on this site.

I’ve had numerous decals and plastics from them. All acceptable.

Ppl bitch and moan but we don’t have a lot of choices with pinball crap.

Be thankful they even put out their line of stuff.

#5 3 years ago

As i said, if there are no other choices it is what it is. You buy what you can.

#6 3 years ago

This is the supplier of last resort. If you buy, prepare to be disappointed.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

This would be valid feedback if it weren't the comment below a picture showing how off the quality of the product is.

#8 3 years ago

I bought a translite from them a while back as a last resort. It was at least a couple inches too small. I was able to get a replacement from them at the correct size, but I'm not sure how a significant sizing mistake like that can happen.

If you do buy something, be sure to check the package as soon as it arrives. Don't let it sit awaiting use for a project for later.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

CA does fill a void but when his descriptions doesn't match the the product he deserve the flack received. When someone like the OP ask this question would you suggest everyone not mention the quality that his products lack?

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Be thankful they even put out their line of stuff.

and here in lies the problem! Just giving a company money and never mentioning the quality just tells a company to keep doing what they're doing thus they never address the lack of quality. If people started to not purchase from him he would be forced to either step up the quality or go out of business. As a business owner he would probably pick to step up the quality.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

CA does fill a void but when his descriptions doesn't match the the product he deserve the flack received. When someone like the OP ask this question would you suggest everyone not mention the quality that his products lack?

and here in lies the problem! Just giving a company money and never mentioning the quality just tells a company to keep doing what they're doing thus they never address the lack of quality. If people started to not purchase from him he would be forced to either step up the quality or go out of business. As a business owner he would probably pick to step up the quality.

And if they do go out of biz, don’t come here bitching you can’t find a certain slingshot plastic or FREE BALL decal. (Not that you personally are bitching)

I guess as I get older I try to practice gratefulness over complaining. But I get it.

#11 3 years ago

I've been using Ebay since 1998 and have only have two really terrible experiences which required getting Ebay involved in a dispute and it was with Classic Arcades both times. I should have learned the first time with really poor quality Pinbot insert decals that also had completely wrong fonts on several inserts. Fast forward many many years later in a COVID world and needed STTNG cabinet decals and didn't want to order from Australia and could only find Classic Arcades selling them in the states. They were complete garbage with colors so washed out and not even close to the originals and blacks that were a dark gray with trash stuck in the UV clear coating they use. Two decals had a serious flaw during the UV clear with the feed mechanism leaving deep defects in the decal as it rolled through the machine. This would have been easily seen by them and assume they just didn't care and just sent them out anyway. They like to go silent if you have a complaint until you have no choice but to dispute through Paypal. Even then they still don't give you your payment back by the deadline given by Ebay and you're forced to dispute again. Terrible products and a complete jerk to deal with. Use them only as a last resort and be prepared to be disappointed.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

And if they do go out of biz, don’t come here bitching you can’t find a certain slingshot plastic or FREE BALL decal. (Not that you personally are bitching)
I guess as I get older I try to practice gratefulness over complaining. But I get it.

The best thing that could happen is for them to close shop and PPS let other people make parts. So many quality parts producers got pushed out when they monopolized the Williams/Bally license. Then they just settled for so-so products. Just look at the playfield aprons. There was someone else making really good silk screened aprons but was forced to close because PPS would only let CA have the license. Now look at CA apron. JUNK!!
I just don't get it. They have the experience to fix there problems. They just won't take the time to do it.

#13 3 years ago

Just purchased a Roadshow translite and speaker panel plastic, lets just say, next time I will keep my beat up originals. If you are missing a translite, plastic etc. then I would make this your last resort. Just my opinion.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If they go out of business another company will pickup the license from Rick to make the parts.

You, as well as I, being older remember when you couldn’t buy new parts and longed for the day when someone would reproduce parts. Those days are gone as we have a deluge of people making parts. The next step is to get quality parts.

#15 3 years ago

Here is another example. Attack from mars playfield overlay with no art on inserts. Had already sanded my playfield to prep. Went all the way to their licensor over it. Don't buy from classic arcades if there are any other options.

0d639bc8504f850dbb9c0b371084b448cb7b69ed (resized).jpg0d639bc8504f850dbb9c0b371084b448cb7b69ed (resized).jpg
#16 3 years ago

I don’t understand how PPS allows CA to sell licensed products if the quality isn’t good. When I was looking for a set of shadow cabinet decals, a place in Europe had them. I emailed pps to ask if they were licensed, they said no and that the quality was poor. Yet, here we have many people saying quality of CA is poor even though they are licensed. I had purchased insert decals for my SS when I had it, they didn’t match the stock decals, but it’s all there was so I used them. Only thing I can take away from this is that pps is ok with poor quality as long as it’s licensed.

#17 3 years ago

Has anyone here had correspondence with Jeff lately or received their package? Placed an order July 23 and nothing as of yet...No reply's on emails and phone voicemail is full.

#18 3 years ago

Ok, Thanks for the feedback, I’m going to avoid CA. Hopefully, someone else will reproduce the translites (eventually).

#19 3 years ago

Wise move.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Ok, Thanks for the feedback, I’m going to avoid CA. Hopefully, someone else will reproduce the translites (eventually).

Check with European suppliers. They are out there.

#21 3 years ago

You don't have to look any farther then this. For gods sake move the %*&$^$ P over. Just go into software reconfigure the spacing. Done! I own 20 classic Bally pins. Not a single one has the P this close to the I. There should be an even space between the farthest curve on the P and the I. Exact same space as is between the I and the N. Yes I still have to buy some parts from them. And yes I do bash them only because I want to see them make better parts. Better parts = more money out of my pocket into theirs.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#22 3 years ago

Don't know how nice your pin is or the budget, but these look nice. I always ogle them at shows.

Screenshot_20200906-191442_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200906-191442_Chrome (resized).jpg
#23 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Don't know how nice your pin is or the budget, but these look nice. I always ogle them at shows.

I’ve considered one of those backglasses for my nicer pins.
This one is a project pin in really rough shape.

Battery Corrosion, water damage, head separating, blown DMD controller, unknown DMD state, no audio, and that’s just the stuff I know about so far. The existing translite seems like a repro, but something got to it?

07D4D1E0-C1FB-4D99-B93F-FF76F0BD1BF8 (resized).jpeg07D4D1E0-C1FB-4D99-B93F-FF76F0BD1BF8 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#24 3 years ago

Pinball supplier of last resort. I check Australia or Europe 1st. Note Ministry of Pinball is selling their stuff.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Pinball supplier of last resort. I check Australia or Europe 1st. Note Ministry of Pinball is selling their stuff.

How is Ministry of Pinball? Have you ordered from them? I'm always worried about international orders. Even more now, due to Covid. I've seen that they have some stuff I want, but I'm not too sure about ordering

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

How is Ministry of Pinball? Have you ordered from them? I'm always worried about international orders. Even more now, due to Covid. I've seen that they have some stuff I want, but I'm not too sure about ordering

I ordered some flipper buttons from them at the end of June, received them a few weeks or so after. No issues, but expect delays internationally.

#27 3 years ago

I Ordered a Flash Translite last fall. after 2 hours of being installed, it had deformed because of the heat from the lamps. not the same material as a real translite. Only Use CA as a last resort

#28 3 years ago

Not wanting to defend Classic Arcades in any way as I have no opinion on that at all, but could that be the milky white plastic film that some plastics have on them as a protector changing the color of the slingshot plastic?

Quoted from PinballAir:

Search classic Arcades here on pinside.
As an example: paid 25 for slng plastics at allentown. Bottom one is original, his is the top. Not even close and matches nothing in game.
I purchased his hot stamped pop bumper caps for high speed. NOT hot stamped. Just screen printed.
For me, if there are absolutely no other options then it is what it is.
But do not believe his descriptions.
[quoted image]

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Not wanting to defend Classic Arcades in any way as I have no opinion on that at all, but could that be the milky white plastic film that some plastics have on them as a protector changing the color of the slingshot plastic?

Vendor of last resort.

Friend purchased a plastic "New Old Stock" piece from open set as advertised. Bullsh*t. Had the same ad up again the next day after she purchased the part.

Was newly minted from their own machine which they advertised in another ad, poorly cut and poorly printed.

Notably different than original.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

I Ordered a Flash Translite last fall. after 2 hours of being installed, it had deformed because of the heat from the lamps. not the same material as a real translite. Only Use CA as a last resort

That is down right crappy there!!

#31 3 years ago

Sadly, there is no protective covering on that sling plastic. That is the color of it.
When i bought it, there was a high speed not 25 feet away. I did not think to walk over and compare it. My mistake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-classic-arcades-translites-good-quality and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.