(Topic ID: 125470)

Are Classic Arcades cabinet decals any good ?

By SUPERBEE

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jrotten
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Im thinking about buying new cabinet decals for my Getaway. Classic Arcades has them for sale on Ebay . Has anyone ever bought cabinet decals from them and was the qua;ity there in regards to adhesion and resolution ?

#2 8 years ago

Look around the forums and you'll see a lot of reports of Classic Arcades stuff - some positive - some not so positive. I purchased some BSD cabinet decals and they are great. If the Getaway ones are from the same supplier you shouldn't have any issues. Maybe worth sending them a message and asking though.

#3 8 years ago

They are pretty good. Nice colors, but a little texture and I would have preferred more gloss to the decals. Here is a link to a previous Pinside ad of mine. Getaway was restored by me with the very same decals.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-getaway-high-speed-ii-w-invisiglass-2600-2601

#4 8 years ago

Generally speaking, no. They are better than nothing, so I have used them in quite a few games

#5 8 years ago

DO NOT buy their NOS decals. They do not adhere well at all.

Their custom decals that they print up are nice. Vibrant and good adhesion. They have very nice repro plastics too. I bought their complete Baby Pac-Man kit. Came out gorgeous.

So go with their own custom designed new gear.

#6 8 years ago

I bought a STTNG front cab decal from them. Installed it, seems to be holding well with no bubbling (only 1 week since install).
    My only issue was that when you centered the "hole" (white square that you cut out) for the coindoor, the start button was not lined up in the proper position so I had to move the whole decal to the right almost half an inch, this almost exposed the white center hole outside of the coindoor edge limits.
    In short, the decal worked, but barely.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sammy31:

I bought a STTNG front cab decal from them. Installed it, seems to be holding well with no bubbling (only 1 week since install).
    My only issue was that when you centered the "hole" (white square that you cut out) for the coindoor, the start button was not lined up in the proper position so I had to move the whole decal to the right almost half an inch, this almost exposed the white center hole outside of the coindoor edge limits.
    In short, the decal worked, but barely.

Lucky you that you were able to pull it off to reposition it. Especially the coin door decal. That's the hardest one to do and get lined up and level.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks for all the input guys. Ive heard good and bad about all classic arcades stuff and just wanted some feedback. I really wish i could just find someway of getting the print files and have it printed myself. Im in the industry (i own a custom decal installation company) and could get it printed for nothing if i had files.

#9 8 years ago

Aren't all decals the same, just different distributors? i.e. Next Gen from Marco, Bay Area, PPS

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Aren't all decals the same, just different distributors? i.e. Next Gen from Marco, Bay Area, PPS

The quality can vary greatly .Unless they are all coming from the exact same manufacturer.

4 years later
    #11 4 years ago

I've been trying to find Earthshaker sample decals, Emailed classic to ask since his photos show the sample game version but can't get a straight answer. Was told he can make them with the black border instead of red, but what will the rest of the decal look like? Will it have the orange on Nev/Cali head part. No answer on that.
    Anyone also know why pinball decals.eu has a different head logo than the "W" on the head decals? ES & Diner decals have weird logo, not the "W". Licensing or a European thing? Happy Holidays!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-classic-arcades-cabinet-decals-any-good and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.