(Topic ID: 220160)

Are capacitors made cheaper/inferior than ever before?

By NYP

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180630_092656 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5196 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5198 (resized).jpg
    matryoshka-components-01 (resized).jpg
    lll (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g-p-e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 5 years ago

So did I. Only one in the list that I use are United Chemi-Con but not enough to consider this.

Panasonic is my current favorite but I'll use Nichicon and Rubycon as well (watch out for "Rulycon"!). Been trying to stock the long life EB series but they cost considerably more.

Quality from some of the old US brands such as Richey, Erie (gone) & Illinois Cap are OK. These guys have been around 50+ years but have been caught up in the 'outsource it and make it cheaper' mantra... too bad. Illinois Cap has been making lots of improvements last few years, been buying up some of the other big cap companies and are outsourcing a bit less. Hopefully they'll continue. Trying to work out a distribution deal with them but it's like banging your head on a wall talking to these guys.

Then there are the Chinese brands that are absolute crap such as GSC, CapXOn, Lelon, etc.

#25 5 years ago

I'm thinking $30M of the $35M was used just to mail out all the post cards.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g-p-e.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-capacitors-made-cheaper-inferior-than-ever-before?tu=g-p-e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.