(Topic ID: 185751)

Are Bingos the most complicated machines?

By mark532011

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zarco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I've been slowly working on my Brazil and when I bring people over to look at it, they are always blown away by the complexity of the whole "keeps track of balls, scores, etc. using wheels and gears instead of chips" thing.

I know nothing about EM Pinballs, do they have more complex workings or are the Bingos the most complex?

Mark
follow my newbie pinball repair successes and failures at: http://pinballrepairandlife.blogspot.com/

#2 7 years ago

The bingos are far more complex than EM flipper games or pre-war EM games. The case can be made that they are far more complex than most solid state games as well.

I also find them to be fairly easy to work on in comparison (most things are modular, more things flip out or up). But it's the same basic building blocks: steppers, relays and motors.

All EM games eventually boil down to getting the electricity to flow the way the designer intended. Bingos just have a lot more to track than a flipper game.

You're doing great work on that backglass. I wish I had a better image to give you than the little one that I'm using.

#3 7 years ago

LOL To me Bingo's are second nature unlike my friend Nick he fix almost anything. Fully electronic games call nick EM flippers I'm ok as well. Don't forget I am still looking for a Brazil.

2 months later
#4 6 years ago

Bingos are the most complex form of arcade machine I've ever
come across. Congrats on taking on the restoration of one.
You can't appreciate a working bingo until you've restored one!
Steve

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-bingos-the-most-complicated-machines?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.