(Topic ID: 128841)

Are "barn find" condition EMs supposed to take a year to fix up?

By cody_chunn

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Wow...every. single. thing. on this little chief needs serious attention.

It was supposed to be a quick shop-fix-sell, but the more I fix the more that I notice that needs completely going over. There's no way it's gonna make it for the SFGE.

I'm spending so many hours on this thing I will be making 5 cents an hour by the time it's done. It's gonna look and play great, though!

Makes me wonder how "worth it" it is and how nutty I am to do it.

#2 8 years ago

I got a couple that have decades into them... I"ts all about the love man, Not a by the hour thing.

#3 8 years ago

You saved it from an unknown fate. That has to be worth something.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

You saved it from an unknown fate. That has to be worth something.

Actually it's fate was known. It was headed for the landfill if my friend hadn't picked it up and brought it to me.

#5 8 years ago

Even better. Nice work.

#6 8 years ago

that's why a lot of barn finds are either free or $50. If you pay more than that, you really have no idea what you are doing. There just isn't enough wiggle room on EM"s for anything more than that.

#7 8 years ago

Yes, the fact that you said shop-fix-SELL shows you're off track. It is fix-shop-love since you put you sweat into it. Maybe sell if you don't love or lack of room, but you don't do not get the time money back.

#8 8 years ago

I've got a long day with score reels ahead of me

And it just might make it for the SFGE...

#9 8 years ago

I never knew barn finds could be anything less than part machines.

The few that I have seen had more weather on them than my lawn.....

I would not buy an EM to play flipping games. They are only for the love of the game. IMHO

#10 8 years ago

pictures pictures PICTURES

#11 8 years ago

Yeah, I shoulda shot pix. It was in terrible shape with some kind of muddy "clear" coat on the cabinet. One leg was bent under the game. Lots of rust and corrosion.

Unfortunately I didn't have batteries for my camera at the time...and I left them at work this weekend so I couldn't shoot any "in situ" shots either.

There's a teaser pic of the eject hole after touchup and clear in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tip-installing-washersnuts-on-posts

I'll get some better pix next week.

SFGE here it comes! Never thought I'd finish it in time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-barn-find-condition-ems-supposed-to-take-a-year-to-fix-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.