(Topic ID: 220162)

Are Bally/Williams A Titles overpriced?

By Tbachli

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Relative to the modern offerings... I'd say yes.

The B/W games only modern competition is from the JJP offerings, so they are still a comparative bargain.

Quoted from jwilson:

I mean, when a brand new Iron Maiden costs less than a Twilight Zone, which is fun and all but 20 years old and showing its age, it's hard not to go with the Maiden

Shit play, shit music, shit art. TZ blows away Iron Maiden.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Tell us how you really feel.

I enjoyed Iron Maiden in the short time I had with it. Fast and fun. Haven't played a TZ yet, need to get my neighbor to invite me over again.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

The B/W games only modern competition is from the JJP offerings, so they are still a comparative bargain.

Stern has made so many great pins in the last 10 years that Most of the B/W snobs have come around. Keep fighting the fight if you want, but I think you're missing out.

#54 5 years ago

They are over priced for me.

Why pay 7-8k for a beat MM when I can get a new one that will have a better color dmd in it? Why pay 7 for an IJ that while fully featured, is starting to show its age in the game play department. Modern games have more interesting rulesets at this point. I like older games. Each era has its own feel, but I can get my williams fix for half what the a titles go for.

Now, that said I have considered buying newer titles but since I have space for 40 machines or more I am happy to find lower priced ones to fill my slots. If I were limited to 10 games I'd probably already bumped up to a few of the most recent titles.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Stern has made so many great pins in the last 10 years that Most of the B/W snobs have come around. Keep fighting the fight if you want, but I think you're missing out.

As far as I’m concerned, only TSSP and LOTR even come close. Both of those are more than 10 years old.

#56 5 years ago

"A rising tide lifts all boats"

If anything, the B titles are now under-priced. Future Fish Tales price: >$5000

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

As far as I’m concerned, only TSSP and LOTR even come close. Both of those are more than 10 years old.

I would ad Star Trek LE and Ghost Busters LE but I agree with you there.

#58 5 years ago

The secret is to go play games, avoid pinside top 100 ratings, and go find a game you like but are supposed to hate because pinside says so. That is how you find good deals on pins.

#59 5 years ago

"A" titles overpriced?

If you call paying $400 for a Williams "A"-Go Go overpriced, then I guess so.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

For me, the AC/DC machine was the only title that I pulled the trigger on from the Stern line up. I enjoy playing many of the other Sterrn machines, but would not pay to own any others. Call me a snob, OK. And as far as the remakes of the two B/W titles, they really don't play the same. That was my point about the "clones" not being the same as the originals.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"A" titles overpriced?
If you call paying $400 for a Williams "A"-Go Go overpriced, then I guess so.

That is literally, too funny

#62 5 years ago

Easy to tell if a game is overpriced. Put it up for sale on this forum and see what happens. If over priced, NADA in the form of PM's. If fairly priced , get ready for your mail box to fill up. The Market speaks like it or not.

VE's and remakes changed the market in favor of the buyers and hurt the existing owners. Such is life.

#63 5 years ago

Monster Bash not really any much better than Party Zone IMO!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Pretty much everything is overpriced. Hoping deeproot will kill it and cool things off with a 4k nib pin. If not the economy is probably about to tank so that should help.

economy is about to tank? uh - it's the strongest it's been in some time. Time to layoff the msnbc.

#65 5 years ago

Wait till you see the prices F listers like GI are going for!

#66 5 years ago

For prices to go up there has to be a flood of new buyers/ enthusiasts in the market with ready cash or credit, plenty of space, and probably single.
I've definitely slowed down my buying in direct proportion to the price increases. I might buy a Houdini, but that's it. Everything else new is price fixed, distributors have no latitude (they tell me), and everyone selling a used machine feels entitled to a profit on their whole endeavor. Pinball collecting is becoming less of a hobby and more like an art collection. I may have to go to Sothebys for my next pin!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

economy is about to tank? uh - it's the strongest it's been in some time. Time to layoff the msnbc.

Um, , , what station actually knows, cause I'll start watching that one!

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I say “its gonna rain today”, everyday....eventually I will be correct. Then, I can say “look! I predicted rain! I am credible source for weather”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,419.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-bally-williams-a-titles-overpriced/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.