(Topic ID: 146997)

Are any of the Star Wars Pinballs increasing in price? PLS NO SPOILERS!

By woody24

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_27_3.jpg
_27_4.jpg
_27_2.jpg
_27_1.jpg
_27_7.jpg
_27.jpg
_27_6.jpg
_27_5.jpg
p1120106.jpg
image-28.jpg
image.jpeg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

They will all go down in price once Steve Ritchie unleashes his next masterpiece Star Wars with an LCD display with Stern

#52 8 years ago

I paid 5k for mine... about a month ago. Worth every penny. It seems like all the pins I have been looking at over the last 6 months have gone up from say a year ago. Been looking to get a Tales From the Crypt. They are about 4.5K now. I looked at what they where going for a year or so ago and they are a lot less.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldGuy:

They will all go down in price once Steve Ritchie unleashes his next masterpiece Star Wars with an LCD display with Stern

Yup. Just save your shekels for the new one that will eventually come out. And maybe we will get lucky and have that LCD screen in it too.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from JFirenze:

I paid 5k for mine... about a month ago. Worth every penny. It seems like all the pins I have been looking at over the last 6 months have gone up from say a year ago. Been looking to get a Tales from the Crypt. They are about 4.5K now. I looked at what they where going for a year or so ago and they are a lot less.

Where in the hell do you live? Iceland?

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Where in the hell do you live? Iceland?

Lol. No, Kansas City.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

That is a Hankin ESB; it was an Australian Company
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Empire_Strikes_Back_(pinball)
» YouTube video

It seems fairly similar to SI

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

That is a Hankin ESB; it was an Australian Company
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Empire_Strikes_Back_(pinball)
» YouTube video

The guy playing it is horrible!

#59 8 years ago

After seeing the movie today... they won't have to update the DESW game much to suit the new movie. Apparently the only difference between "The Force Awakens" and "A New Hope" is that the new Death Star is much bigger. Still has the same trench and vulnerability shaft on the surface for easy access. A few tweeks to the playfield art... some updated dots... fill-out Carrie Fisher a bit on the backglass... and voila... "The Force Awakens".

This turd will drive the price up on Star Wars pins as much as the Crystal Skull revived enthusiasm for the Raiders of the Lost Ark pins. Then again... some people like the new Star Trek movies...

#60 8 years ago

Good grief, at least put a spoiler tag on your post, sheesh.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief, at least put a spoiler tag on your post, sheesh.

I started to read the first sentence and when he said "after watching the new movie today" I averted my eyes. It's gonna be hard keeping away from spoilers for a week.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from JFirenze:

I paid 5k for mine... about a month ago. Worth every penny. It seems like all the pins I have been looking at over the last 6 months have gone up from say a year ago. Been looking to get a Tales from the Crypt. They are about 4.5K now. I looked at what they where going for a year or so ago and they are a lot less.

Good lord 5k? I hardly play mine anymore, maybe it's time to sell or trade.

#63 8 years ago

4.5K for a TFTC? You sure it didn't come with 3 others? Maybe for a pack of 4. Otherwise someone didn't shop around.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I started to read the first sentence and when he said "after watching the new movie today" I averted my eyes. It's gonna be hard keeping away from spoilers for a week.

HA. Same here. Luckily, I am going to the 9:30am showing here in an hour and a half. I was going to wait until after Christmas to see it, because I waited a week or two to see the prequel trilogy that way. But realized, it was much easier to avoid spoilers back then.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from JFirenze:

Been looking to get a Tales from the Crypt. They are about 4.5K now. I looked at what they where going for a year or so ago and they are a lot less.

You sure about that...?

$2500 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tftc-in-florida
$2400 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-restored-tftc-in-md
$2000 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-in-nebraska-2200-obo
$2500 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-an-excellent-tftc-2500-obo

And that's just here on Pinside - the oldest ones being 10 months ago.

Stop looking on eBay: ebay.com link: sch

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Do you have a link?
[edit]: nevermind, found it. $8k....yikes.
http://endlesspinball.com/empire-strikes-back-pinball/
They also have a DESW for $4800. Their prices are a bit inflated, me thinks.

I know, that's why such a rare game has been sitting unsold for so long

#67 8 years ago

Apparently that ESB is the only actual licenced Star Wars machine with George Lucas's approval.

#68 8 years ago

No it's the stupid pumpers again. Because someone wrote new code for TFTC, all the TFTC owners are pumping it up now to be a $4500 because of the new code. Another reason I hate the pumpers

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No it's the stupid pumpers again. Because someone wrote new code for TFTC, all the TFTC owners are pumping it up now to be a $4500 because of the new code. Another reason I hate the pumpers

I'll just say it: TFTC will never ever ever ever be a $4500 pin. It's a fun lil romp, but no, not that much fun.

#70 8 years ago

If Sopranos did not rise in value, with the death of Tony {James} why would anyone believe Star Wars would rise over a new movie.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

If Sopranos did not rise in value, with the death of Tony {James} why would anyone believe Star Wars would rise over a new movie.

That sounds like a fair and equal comparison.

#72 8 years ago

spoiler

Chewbacca's wife watches a cooking show

oh wait that was the holiday special

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

HA. Same here. Luckily, I am going to the 9:30am showing here in an hour and a half. I was going to wait until after Christmas to see it, because I waited a week or two to see the prequel trilogy that way. But realized, it was much easier to avoid spoilers back then.

I ended up watching it in Noblesville yesterday. I was with my brother's family and we couldn't stand the wait. I've never seen a theater so packed.

#74 8 years ago

Condition plays a large role, in my opinion. I've wanted a DESW for many years and ended up picking up one a few months ago for 2600. The guy wanted 3200, but his idea of "very good condition" and my idea were largely different. I think if you're simply just looking for a working one that an owner just wants to get rid of, expect to pay within that range. But unfortunately, mine looked like it hadn't been shopped since the seller purchased it from an arcade in 1995. Currently in the process of getting lots of work done to it (full shop job, cabinet decals, LEDs, powder coating, etc), which will easily run another 1500-2000 in the end because of all of the stuff I wanted done to it. But it's my one and only pinball machine I'll probably ever own, so why the hell not? If I was a collector of multiple pins, I probably wouldn't have invested so much in it.

I saw one on TNT Amusements for like a day recently. I think it sold for a little over 4K. I doubt the new movie will really affect the value, although people on eBay and Craigslist will try to convince you otherwise. A local slot machine store wanted 6K for one (it was on sale!) and another billiards store wanted 8K for theirs, which I had a good laugh about.

Licensed games, regardless of whether or not the games are good, will always command a higher value.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Only the ones with signed translites.

I have a swe1 with a jpop signature on translite. How much has it gone up in value?

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Condition plays a large role, in my opinion. I've wanted a DESW for many years and ended up picking up one a few months ago for 2600. The guy wanted 3200, but his idea of "very good condition" and my idea were largely different. I think if you're simply just looking for a working one that an owner just wants to get rid of, expect to pay within that range. But unfortunately, mine looked like it hadn't been shopped since the seller purchased it from an arcade in 1995. Currently in the process of getting lots of work done to it (full shop job, cabinet decals, LEDs, powder coating, etc), which will easily run another 1500-2000 in the end because of all of the stuff I wanted done to it. But it's my one and only pinball machine I'll probably ever own, so why the hell not? If I was a collector of multiple pins, I probably wouldn't have invested so much in it.
I saw one on TNT Amusements for like a day recently. I think it sold for a little over 4K. I doubt the new movie will really affect the value, although people on eBay and Craigslist will try to convince you otherwise. A local slot machine store wanted 6K for one (it was on sale!) and another billiards store wanted 8K for theirs, which I had a good laugh about.
Licensed games, regardless of whether or not the games are good, will always command a higher value.

I've owned multiple games that hadn't been shopped in a decade or two. Several which were cannibalized for parts and left to rot. They never required *new* decals or powder coating. that isn't a shop job that is a restore.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I've owned multiple games that hadn't been shopped in a decade or two. Several which were cannibalized for parts and left to rot. They never required *new* decals or powder coating. that isn't a shop job that is a restore.

True. Restore is a better word for what I am doing. My rails and cabinet were beaten up pretty badly. None of that was recommended to me. I insisted

#78 8 years ago

In 2015 I owned 3 DESW pins with the intentions on restoring it on every purchase. Every time I had one I had someone offer me a good price for it so I sold them. The last one I just sold about two weeks ago sold for the most money but it was in the best condition. I sold them for 2500, 3000 and 3500 recently. I believe the prices are rising since the movie came out and the increased chatter on pinside. The most recent sale was shipped and the buyer had a soundboard ordered for it before he received the pin so I know he had almost 4300 in it before it even got to his door.

#79 8 years ago

I bought the DESW from jrw_0221 for $3,500+shipping+Pinsound. I am not really an example of the price going up because of the new Star Wars movie. We played the DESW at Florida Free play and my wife loved it. It was the first pin she ever showed interest in. I tried to buy the one at the show, but couldn't make a deal, so I bought the one jrw_0221 had. I told my wife I bought one and asked her why she liked it and she said it was the music. The one at the show had Pinsound, thus I had to get that as well. I have the machine now with the Pinsound board in it. It is worth what I have in it. We love it.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

The DE ones have seemed to be in higher demand. There was a local one that was going for $3500. I never thought it was a $3000+ machine but that seems to be the going rate now.

Ohhhh i should sell mine quick then and make a $1000 profit.

#81 8 years ago

I love my Sega Star Wars Trilogy, maybe because everything works on mine, and I added the right channel amp and second speaker plus a powered subwoofer.. It is not the deepest game by any means, but I enjoy it, a lot of people who have come over really like it, and I have gotten at least 3 PM's asking me if I would sell or trade it.

Everyone has different tastes.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

We played the DESW at Florida Free play and my wife loved it. It was the first pin she ever showed interest in.

One that the wife likes, good thinking.

#83 8 years ago

I am still looking for the one the wife likes

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No, it's not a $4500 game with the new code. I was one of the main people who helped rewrite the main code (Chad did the code, I made suggestions and did playtesting) and unlike DESW which was a crap game before the code update and then became a very solid game, we made TFTC go from a good game to a slightly better game. There is no giant gameplay switch with TFTC like there was with SWDE.

I sold one of my TFTC - admittedly, a project machine - for $1600 after the code came out. Didn't feel like it was underpriced either.

#85 8 years ago

My .02 for anyone who cares....
SWDE is an OK game with the newest code. SWT is a pile of crap.
SWEP1 is fun to play occasionally, but the quotes and play get old really quickly. Of the 3, SWEP1 is my favorite.

With that said, we can't get enough SWT or SWDE. The retail people we sell to buy strictly on theme alone and both those are HOT sellers. Both probably in our top 10 most sold titles. We keep raising the prices and they keep on buying them. They are hard to find in not blown out condition.
I'd say we sold 6 or 7 SWT in 2015, 5 SWDE and probably 2 or 3 SWEP1.

PLEASE Stern make a new Star Wars pin so we can drive the public to it. It would be a MAD seller for you. ngoett is tired of shopping them, too. hehe

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

One that the wife likes, good thinking.

Bad idea when you want to sell it.. trust me.

note:What I mean by that, if for any reason you want to sell a pin and your wife REALLY likes it. It can turn into a tough situation, and be an argument that can be difficult.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I ended up watching it in Noblesville yesterday. I was with my brother's family and we couldn't stand the wait. I've never seen a theater so packed.

Same one I went to! Yeah, got there at 9am, and it was more people than I've seen too.

There's a Regal theater next to my house that I never go to, but the other day, I saw people parking in areas I've never seen them park at before.

#88 8 years ago

I'd love to have the DE Star Wars, just for Star Wars collecting sake. But having my JP, I feel that if I were to get a second Pin, I'd rather have a Bally or Williams so that it's completely different.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

spoiler
Chewbacca's wife watches a cooking show
oh wait that was the holiday special

just from anyone witnessing the christmas special, would instantly drop the value of said Star wars machine.

for anyone that has not seen this. For the holiday season, here you go. Watch if you DARE........ (still better than episodes 1 , 2 and 3)

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'd love to have the DE Star Wars, just for Star Wars collecting sake. But having my JP, I feel that if I were to get a second Pin, I'd rather have a Bally or Williams so that it's completely different.

When it comes to DE: I have both. JP and SW. Trust me, they are completely different. However, please do explore Bally/Williams they are with no argument a superior machine. HOWEVER, I often find myself enjoying DE and Gottlieb's for it's simplicity. It is refreshing. and I love it.

*Also helps when you are a movie buff and you love JP and SW.

#91 8 years ago

That's quality work right there. Looks awesome for a custom pin IMO. With the amount of time and money the guy must have put into it it's not that far fetched IMO.

You folks in the US remember CAD money is about 70 cents to a dollar right now...

(No that's not my machine and I don't know the guy...)

$_27 (7).JPG$_27 (7).JPG
$_27 (5).JPG$_27 (5).JPG
$_27 (6).JPG$_27 (6).JPG
$_27.JPG$_27.JPG
$_27 (1).JPG$_27 (1).JPG
$_27 (2).JPG$_27 (2).JPG
$_27 (3).JPG$_27 (3).JPG
$_27 (4).JPG$_27 (4).JPG

#92 8 years ago

I like my SWT, it was my first game. If I could only get the cannon to work.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

That's quality work right there. Looks awesome for a custom pin IMO. With the amount of time and money the guy must have put into it it's not that far fetched IMO.
(Not that's not my machine and I don't know the guy...)
$_27 (7).JPG
$_27 (5).JPG
$_27 (6).JPG
$_27.JPG
$_27 (1).JPG
$_27 (2).JPG
$_27 (3).JPG
$_27 (4).JPG

Is that a classic Stern? Maybe a Nine Ball?

#94 8 years ago

I like the 5 pops out in the open like that. But I like inline drops even better.

#95 8 years ago

Star wars Parody

1 week later
#96 8 years ago

Sega Neiman Marcus Star Wars Trilogy LE-
Starting bid $10,429
ebay.com link: Neiman Marcus Limited Edition Sega Star Wars Pinball Machine 1997

#97 8 years ago

buy my SW Episode 1. $2900 USD.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sega Neiman Marcus Star Wars Trilogy LE-
Starting bid $10,429

What was sticker price for that? I know Neiman Marcus stuff is jacked up. Also, what's special about it? I see gold flippers, and a sticker and the display that says it's 1 of 6. Did they make any other changes?

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

What was sticker price for that? I know Neiman Marcus stuff is jacked up. Also, what's special about it? I see gold flippers, and a sticker and the display that says it's 1 of 6. Did they make any other changes?

The side art is different, I like it. Not 10k worth, but I like it.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

The side art is different, I like it. Not 10k worth, but I like it.

Sadly the game is still a turd. Wonder what it would realistically sell for. I see different side art, the apron decal. It has a piece of code for the attract mode. Gold flippers and manual cover are different. Playfield looks stock though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-any-of-the-star-wars-pinballs-increasing-in-price/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.