(Topic ID: 162359)

Are all the desirable Titles in Collections?

By phil-lee

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EMsInKC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playfield_(resized).JPG
    KOD_Back_Box_(resized).JPG

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

There is a lot of luck, no doubt, but there are still good titles out there.
    Last Saturday, saw this King of Diamonds for $100. I was the first caller and brought it home that afternoon.

Extremely rare find, as noted by previous postings.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Odin's favorite game, "Jungle King" does. So does "Capt. Card" as long as you lose the ball out either of the side lanes.
    "Subway" gives you 50 points when the ball drains, but I don't know if that qualifies as a bonus.

wasn't GIGI the first to give end of game/ball bonus?

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

wasn't GIGI the first to give end of game/ball bonus?

I believe you are correct but Gigi is not an AAB.

#54 7 years ago

I think Snow Derby/Queen pins are the first conventional build up and collected at end of ball bonus games.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I just don't know how you're finding all those sweet titles out there on the left coast!

It makes it a bit easier when not many out here are looking for them.

Quoted from jrpinball:"Subway" gives you 50 points when the ball drains, but I don't know if that qualifies as a bonus.

Flipper, the original add a ball has the same feature.

This ones got your name all over it JR, let me know if there is something I can send along with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-steeple-chase-williams-1957

#56 7 years ago

Oh, and my 1948 Buccaneer has an end of ball build up bonus if you drain between the flippers...

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I think for the most part you are right, But Bank shot does have an end of ball bonus and is an AAB.

I stand corrected that technically Bank Shot and Jungle King are AABs with a End of Ball bonus,
    but my statement was partly swayed by the OP's looking for AAB drop target game with EndofBall Bonus.

I also think that games like Card Whiz/Royal Flush Or ACD or Jacks Open/Lucky Hand
    are not really the same as other build-up and collect bonus at end of ball games;
    or (at least for me) do not have the same satisfying effect when the bonus counts down at end of ball.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Flipper, the original add a ball has the same feature.
    This ones got your name all over it JR, let me know if there is something I can send along with it.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-steeple-chase-williams-1957

I only have one flipper series game "Flipper Fair", and that too awards 50 points when the ball drains.
    Yeah, that's a very nice Williams woodie, but just don't have that kind of scratch, and then there's delivery
    across the land. I have other plans for the next $2G or so that I have laying around for a game. Gotta sell
    a couple first though.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I stand corrected that technically Bank Shot and Jungle King are AABs with a End of Ball bonus,
    but my statement was partly swayed by the OP's looking for AAB drop target game with EndofBall Bonus.

That would be "Capt. Card" then. It does award end of ball bonus based on the drop targets made, but not if the ball drains between the flippers (another reason that game more than any other gives me fits!).

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I hear ya. There's a lot of games here in the NE, but you have to get up really early in the morning to beat out all the other vultures around here when a good deal comes up! It seems though, that lately it's even getting a little slow around here. Not too many ripe deals popping up. Levi scored that "Wonderland" though; lucky dog!

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, that's a very nice Williams woodie

I think it may be too nice for me. I've got so many right now that I just feel it's time to thin the heard a bit. It is the mutiplayers that are getting the most play anyway. That San Francisco really rounded things out. I'm pretty stoked on it although it cost me my Teachers Pet. He drove all the way from San Luis Obispo so I'm not complaining. I'm finding once they're gone it's kind of like out of sight, out of mind. If you know what I mean. No shortage of great games to play, I just don't really need the high end ones all though they are nice.

#62 7 years ago

I think we are too late on Wonderland anyway. It says sold for $3000. Which is interesting as he was only asking $2500?
    Good for Levi. I just fear that sets the precedent.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think it may be too nice for me. I've got so many right now that I just feel it's time to thin the heard a bit. It is the mutiplayers that are getting the most play anyway.

I have heard somewhere that "it's more fun to compete"

#64 7 years ago

It really is. Beating up on these machines loses it's luster a bit when you can have another human being to compete with. Win or lose.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I think we are too late on Wonderland anyway. It says sold for $3000. Which is interesting as he was only asking $2500?
    Good for Levi. I just fear that sets the precedent.

That's means he will be able to sell his latest one for more.

1 month later
    #66 7 years ago

Win some and lose some.......

Hit an estate sale this morning just behind a guy who picked up a 1955 Williams Wonderland for $375. Back glass was very nice, playfield was good (would seem to clean up nicely) and cabinet was good.

The deals are out there.... Maybe next time.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Win some and lose some.......
    Hit an estate sale this morning just behind a guy who picked up a 1955 Williams Wonderland for $375. Back glass was very nice, playfield was good (would seem to clean up nicely) and cabinet was good.
    The deals are out there.... Maybe next time.

Holy crap! That went for $375!? Did you at least grab the Arrowhead? It was weird seeing those two in an ad together. Two woodrails I desire the most. Not enough to drive to St. Louis though.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Holy crap! That went for $375!? Did you at least grab the Arrowhead?

I didn't (it was $375 also). Back glass on that was also very nice, playfield was OK but the lockdown bar was badly damaged and the metal cover over the center return lane shooter was missing. I love the back glass on this game but it is not on my 'must have' list. If you want I can check back on it and if you plan on being in St Louis at some point in the near future I could get it and hold it for you. You can PM me if you want it.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

I didn't (it was $375 also). Back glass on that was also very nice, playfield was OK but the lockdown bar was badly damaged and the metal cover over the center return lane shooter was missing. I love the back glass on this game but it is not on my 'must have' list. If you want I can check back on it and if you plan on being in St Louis at some point in the near future I could get it and hold it for you. You can PM me if you want it.

I appreciate that but have sort of gotten to the point where cheap and local is what I limit myself to. It's certainly cheap enough but the distance makes it more work than I'm willing to put into it. Once again I do appreciate the offer though. That is very cool of you.

A couple months back I saw a local estate sale ad featuring a Majorettes pinball machine. It was neat to see a game show up locally and even more so one that was that interesting. It drove me crazy waiting for the day to come so I could go try my luck. Finally the morning arrives and I'm sickly nervous. I get there about half an hour early and walk up to the house. The ladies running it were outside. They said you have to wait until 8:00. Ugh. So I sit in my vehicle awhile. The anticipation is all I can stand as I see more people rolling up. Including a big straight truck with Illinois plates. People start standing at the end of the driveway so I get out and decide I'd better too. Everyone is kind of looking around at each other nervously. I was convinced a guy in a Hawaiian shirt next to me is my competition. Finally the lady gives us the ok. Me and the Hawaiian shirt guy start briskly walking toward the house. At some point I lose him and look back and he is grabbing a box of vintage world globes in the driveway. Ha, he must have been feeling the same thing, worried I was there for those globes.

Anyway, I did get the game. Another buyer showed up about 20 minutes later while I was starting to break it down to haul it out.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I appreciate that but have sort of gotten to the point where cheap and local is what I limit myself to.

That is kind of where I am at as well. 10 years ago when I started with games I had a Jack in the Box shipped from Seattle! (I laugh at that now).

I probably should have gotten up earlier and waited in line but I like to make my daughter breakfast before she goes to school. Plus in this case the lady running it did say the guy who bought it was in line so I might have lost out anyway. Plus I am right in the middle of a rebuild on a King of Diamonds that I was the first person to call on and picked up for $100 so I figure someone else was due for a find!

#71 7 years ago

Thanks for the return of the thread.I have been really frustrated in my neck of the woods,looking every day for the right machine. A local Craigslist Ad is driving me nuts, a fellow offering machines at a premium price and selling none,thing is,he jams the Ads with daily updates so it is hard to find real candidates for purchase.Someone from Pinside told me "It is difficult to sell an EM" and I see what he means.
    I am more convinced than ever most of the desirable Titles are in private collections. My local Market offers fringe EM Sterns, Chicago Coin,and Playmatics, all at prices I wouldn't even consider.Desirable Titles are not listed,period,at any price,unless you include an 11,000 dollar Fireball.
    I am sure I will get a Project Machine before the cold weather sets in, just have to be patient.

#72 7 years ago

I find that pre buying at Pinball shows lifts that 420 lb. Gorilla off my back. Best local deal I ever got was a pop a card for 175, slight planking but no wear . Perfect glass nice original cabinet, coin door and plate were both 9's. Missing the playfield glass one broken plastic , it was a sweet deal. Even found the goodie bag stuffed under the main board.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

unless you include an 11,000 dollar Fireball

I have seen and played this game. Buy with confidence!

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have seen and played this game. Buy with confidence!

he said that it was even nicer then the one you had.

#75 7 years ago

i refuse to pay for a storage, and i have a bunch of new games coming in. SO i am willing to part with some DESIRABLE games to make room for the new ones.
    list
    72 fireball, Atlantis, Jacks Open, Domino, target pool, el dorado, king pin
    pm me if you want more info before i post these for sale

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

he said that it was even nicer then the one you had.

I honestly didn't see much difference. I'm sure if somebody wants it, that price is really negotiable. That was one of the machines I played as a kid and it stuck in my mind as one I needed to have when I started collecting. After three of them I had my fill. I'm not sure that Capersville you sent me wasn't the better player though.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

i refuse to pay for a storage, and i have a bunch of new games coming in. SO i am willing to part with some DESIRABLE games to make room for the new ones.
    list
    72 fireball, Atlantis, Jacks Open, Domino, target pool, el dorado, king pin
    pm me if you want more info before i post these for sale

Oh man, if it is that Fireball that you showed pics of, man, that would be tempting. It's not really on my must have list but that game looked so sweet.

Luckily, too far away, no money, no space.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-the-desirable-titles-in-collections/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.