IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Here's a bunch that currently own. 1 is 1 of 5 to exist. the others have production runs less than 60 and many have been parted out (confirmed) and have less than 2 to 6 known to exist here in the states.

Wow that IO Moon is waaaay cooler than I previousl though! Also I'd love a Spooky! I love the "halloween" themed games, wish it wasn't so rare....

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Would Rotation VIII be considered rare, or just rare to find a working one?

Spectra IV is a rare one too. If anyone's ever coming up from Mississippi/Louisiana to NY let me know 'cause there's one I can buy... but can't go transport and the seller won't work with a shipping company.

Spectra IV and Rotation VIII, the rotating cocktails are obscenely rare and the boards are unobtainium. The guy who specialized in repairing them doesn't do it anymore.

They play like trash, but the novelty is where their appeal lies. The oddity of them is why I want one so bad.

Not "super rare" but I just bought a Night Moves today and I'm thrilled with it! Glad to join the "<500" club! Only 450 made. Turned down the Documented HUO Carribean Cruise though.

#233 3 years ago

My list for Super rare games I want to see surface:
Total Recall - that design drives me crazy. I need to see it in person to experience how on Earth it would play. The upper PF is definitely split control.
Also I seriously need to know how they broke it down for transport... there is NO WAY the dual cab stays together.
Total Recall would be a Pinball Circus level novelty game just for the sake of "how far can we take it"?

Goin' Nuts - with the previous post we now know 2 pairs of games are held up with collectors holding them for trade fodder. Lame IMO...
Goin' Nuts should be remade. It's such a unique, beloved game with an ingenious twist. People would LOVE to have it! It also could use lots of finishing touches.

Hypnox - the backglass is so incredible I want to see the game purely because of how incredible the art package must be. Hope pictures surface.

Another game that hasn't come up that actually has a real chance of popping up randomly: Varkon by Williams only 72 or so made

10 months later
#273 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Grossology is an exhibit that tours, and in 2016 the machines were still part of it: https://www.sfsciencecenter.org/grossology (at least based on the web site photo, but that appears to be a presser stock photo)
It was def around in 2015 as per this image https://twitter.com/SeattleMonorail/status/620264612710121472
Right now the exhibit is at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History https://www.fwmuseum.org/exhibit/grossology/
I found a local news report on it and at least from their footage, the games are gone. They have seemingly been replaced with two upright arcade cabinets, which you can see at the end.
https://www.wfaa.com/video/entertainment/television/programs/good-morning-texas/grossology-at-the-fort-worth-museum-of-science-and-history/287-8166904
Urine: The Game https://twitter.com/crowetv/status/1001941810393083904
So.... did they destroy the games? Are they just out for service? I sent an email to the production company to check.

Bless you, doing the lords work!

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well I just gutted my dinosaur eggs for the transformer. Pretty sure I will have to scrap it because the cost of replacing the parts is going to be over 50 percent of the machine, if I can even find them.

Find someone else who wants a Dinosaur Eggs, scrapping such a rare game is honestly unthinkable.

1 week later
#313 3 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I was hired to repair these games when the exhibit was here in Phoenix a couple of years ago. They were in pretty dimsal shape at the time. I had to rebuild the flippers and pops and even fix an incorrectly wired lamp matrix on one of the games (glad they had them side by side)
While the playfield and cabinet are from a Capcom Breakshot the board set is actually a Stern Whitestar. All the wiring connectors from the playfield harnesses have been cut and recrimped to fit onto the whitestar driver board. I wish I would have thought to copy the Roms out of it.
The code was super basic. Only 1 ball per game, single ball play, set to free play. No modes or multi-balls or anything IIRC. You just got to flip the ball and it made body noises and gave you points for hitting the switches.

Wow we have a legend amongst us! That’s pretty neat you got to work on them. Any idea what the reason was for using Whitestar?

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

This is a very rare line up.
[quoted image]

WHOA I’ve been thinking how badass a Matrix pinball machine would be, and you made one?!
Incredible job, I found the thread, how awesome! I would LOVE to make one for myself. Johnny Mnemonic was such a wasted game on a mistake of a theme. I mean that movie is just a total pile. The game is sooooo good, the layout is so satisfying!! And then it had to be JM :’(

Funny story that they originally wanted a budged of something near half a million and got turned down.
They came back and instead asked for $26 million and got it. The whole movie is a case of “throw money at it till it sticks”

The Matrix is truly doing justice to that magnificent design!

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

matrix was done as a conversion years ago on JM machines.

Can it still be done? That conversion is amazing and JM is otherwise.... not amazing

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

JM is great!
For legal reasons I think they limited the matrix conversions to 3?

The game is great, as I was saying, but the movie really is incredibad. It’s good for a laugh I guess, just really cringe-inducing.

The pin is way up there on the list, way too underrated

5 months later
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

This Brooks &amp; DUnn one comes to the Ohio Pinball show every year, it may be the only one.. not sure
[quoted image]

Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's the one that was built from parts a few years ago, rather than an original prototype. Either way, it's still an interesting looking game.

I’m pretty sure there is a thread somewhere documenting the Brooks & Dunn games, I believe they had enough parts for a few machines and they finished the coding and such for it as well.

So more than just a couple out there. Should be less than a dozen or so

1 year later
#354 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the one you picked up a few months ago or did you snag a SECOND Cue???

2 weeks later
#379 1 year ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Does anyone know where the Gas Attack machines went?[quoted image][quoted image]

I've never seen these pictures in any of my research! I couldn't even find pictures of two of them together, how fascinating!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside