IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Was just thinking about this tonight. Are all super rare games accounted for? Like all 9 kingpins, all 13 original BBBs, the 2 Bigfoot’s, the one Loch Ness monster? Or are some of these games potentially out there somewhere waiting to be found again?

Kingpin #8 surfaced in the last year or two...there was a thread with lots of good photos of it.

A BBB and kingpin were lost in a fire. I can't remember if the count of surviving kingpins is 10 down to 9 or 9 down to 8. Ipdb say 9 confirmed, but I'm not sure if that was pre or post fire.

The big foots were likely dismantled, though a few extra backglasses have surfaced. A few photos and some video footage survived.

Someone posted a nice set of photos in the last year or two of loch ness.

The king kongs were more or less all accounted for, and the story about the undiscovered one was never substanciated.

The original bbb's were pretty much all accounted for.

The DE Michael Jackson pin was listed on ebay a few times, but the owner either didn't actually have it or was incredibly eccentric and wouldn't let anyone see it.

Moat of the time, rare games like this don't often get listed for public sale, and generally either stay in collections long-term or change hands privately.

#71 6 years ago

Well, as long as we're diving into some of the not-so-well-known rare pins, I have an Allied Leisure Super Picker. Full size pinball machine featuring Roy Clark--not the common cocktail game "the entertainer".

There was a 2-player version and a 4-player version. I have the 4 player version, but haven't found any photos of it. There is a promo photo of Roy Clark standing next to the 2-player version, but that's the only photo of it that I've seen so far.

From what I've been able to tell, the games were made in anticipation of the continuation of an agreement with Roy Clark and Fascination / Allied Leisure, but that agreement dissolved before the game went into full production, and Allied Leisure later re-themed the game into Hoe Down--a generic western musical theme with all Roy Clark references removed.

Other than that, I have not been able to dig up any other info, or find anyone else who owns a Super Picker, either the 2-player or 4-player game.

I would be very surprised to find if I ended up with the only one, but I've come up empty between all the research I've done and all the other collectors I've talked to.

The game's previous owner said they had won it in some sort of contest sometime in the early 80s and owned it since then. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any more info than that into the game's history.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6315
http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2013/09/centuriallied-leisure-annual-report_10.html
http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-ultimate-so-far-history-of-allied_8.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from noflip95:

and a #500 Hulk (SYSTEM 80 prototype) was playable at the Flip-Expo in 2014.

A system 80 Hulk surfaced on TNT's youtube channel a while back (can't seem to locate the video right now), as well as a system 80B Jacks to Open prototype.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I sold my System 80 Hulk to Steve Charland years ago for $1200.

@toddtuckey, Do you still have your system 80 Hulk video up on youtube? I remember watching it a while back, but couldn't seem to find it when I was rummaging around on your channel for it.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Good thing they scrapped this. Looks like a total PITA. How the hell would glass even go over the PF? Amazing it got as far as it did. It makes me angry just looking at it because it is so stupid from an engineering standpoint.

I'm sure a lot of goofy ideas were scrapped over the years. But, it's still an interesting game to look at just because it's an outside-the-box game format.

Big Foot was probably scrapped at some point because of its unmanageable size. I'm surprised at the number of Hercules pins that have survived.

#131 6 years ago

Let's not pull this thread off-topic please. I've otherwise found it fun and interesting.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like a cool game. Any idea if it is based on something else? I know many times these oddball ones are borrowed form other designs

The boards are Zaccaria, the mechs are Gottlieb.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4666

The layout looks pretty similar to Bounty Hunter: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=361&picno=10273

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Very, very rare. Someone was working on a bulk buy group for them but I didn't hear anything more. The Brazilians don't seem keen on selling!

Yep, very rare. I posted a thread about them a while back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-pinball-machines-a-standard-body-version-of-flight-2000

1 week later
#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Would Rotation VIII be considered rare, or just rare to find a working one?

I'd say both. The boards in that game are quite unique, to say the least.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Another game that hasn't come up that actually has a real chance of popping up randomly: Varkon by Williams only 72 or so made

90, according to IPDB:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2721

3 months later
#249 6 years ago
Quoted from alienpoker:

BTW- They should get the spelling of the Backglass Artist right on Pinside. I had it corrected on ipdb.org but it’s wrong here, I can’t see how to edit it. It should be Tom Schmelzer. See attached pic from my backglass.

I just checked the game archive entry, and it appears to be correct.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star-light

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from LookItsOps:

The other Kabuki is located in Minnesota. The owner has it up for sale. $14k. o.o

A bargain!

7 months later
#278 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Mine are not setup, but would love to know what happened to all the Dinosaur Eggs and Alvin G USA footballs. No one on here seems to own one. AG soccer is also pretty rare with 18 owners listed. There were 500 of those made and yet punchy the clown with 1/5 the production run has 16 owners on here.

Most were probably scrapped since they were so big.

I've seen at least one soccer for sale and one dinosaur eggs--I think they may have had an accompanying pinside marketplace ad. They weren't cheap.

1 week later
#297 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Hmm? I wonder how me and a couple of friends remember playing it back in the day?

I thought I remembered playing it in an arcade back in my hometown, but my memory of the actual game was a bit fuzzy. According to the tech who worked there at the time, I showed him a photo of Pinball Circus a couple years ago, and he said there was a similar looking game at the arcade, but it wasn't Pinball Circus. He couldn't remember the name of the game that was there since it had been so long since then.

I'm guessing it was either a rube goldberg style gumball game of some sort or a redemption game that shot balls/quarters into various areas (something like the Raptor's Revenge game that seemed to pop up everywhere).

#299 5 years ago

No, it was a stand-up game like Pinball Circus, which is why I thought it might have been Pinball Circus until the tech was able to confirm it wasn't.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like one of these maybe ?
ebay.com link » Wacky Bubble Gumball Factory Cool Gum Ball Machine Wowie Zowie
They come in all kinds of styles and themes.
LTG : )

That's basically the sort of thing I was thinking of. From what I can remember, the game I played had a clown head similar to Pinball Circus, was about as big as Pinball Circus, had some sort of player control mechanism (buttons, levers, a launcher, etc--I can't remember exactly), and possibly dispensed tickets (I'm pretty sure it didn't dispense prizes or gumballs--it was pretty much exclusively a redemption arcade that dispensed tickets). Obviously, I could be mistaken in some of the details, but those are the main things that stood out, which is why I originally thought there was a possibility of it being Pinball Circus in the first place.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Supreme pinball
https://www.supremenewyork.com/random/pinball
Some say only 200 were made. I don't like the cabinet art at all. For a machine that charged $10,000+. It deserved a better design but I guess only the brand name it's self worth $9,000. Anyway I am a pinball fan not a Supreme fan so this pinball will have less value in my eyes.
[quoted image]

Supreme followers seemed to go bananas over it. Remember when there was a supreme fan who posted a thread about getting loans to buy one of them?

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I know 100% it was pinball circus.
It wasn't punchy, it wasn't varkon.
Unless there is another pinball game in a mortal kombat kinda looking williams cabinet. With a DMD an elephant that lifts the ball and a clown head up top and a trapeze artist hanging in it?
A couple of other local friends that frequented that arcade remember it too.
I'm pretty sure one came to Canada. Because how else did I play it?

I'm guessing you saw the same game that I did, which seemed to have a strong resemblance to Pinball Circus.

1 week later
#330 5 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Not sure if this counts as no idea if total number produced is recorded anywhere. But have a Wild Texas being delivered this afternoon.
It is a copy/conversion of Firepower 2. As far as I am aware it has the same layout, rules and sounds... Just different art and cabinet shape.
Assume there are not many around but if anyone has any more info it would be great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

First time I've heard of it. Looks interesting.

IPDB doesn't seem to have much info on it.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5500

5 months later
#350 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

This Brooks & DUnn one comes to the Ohio Pinball show every year, it may be the only one.. not sure
[quoted image]

That's the one that was built from parts a few years ago, rather than an original prototype. Either way, it's still an interesting looking game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.