IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

This Brooks & DUnn one comes to the Ohio Pinball show every year, it may be the only one.. not sure
[quoted image]

Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's the one that was built from parts a few years ago, rather than an original prototype. Either way, it's still an interesting looking game.

I’m pretty sure there is a thread somewhere documenting the Brooks & Dunn games, I believe they had enough parts for a few machines and they finished the coding and such for it as well.

So more than just a couple out there. Should be less than a dozen or so

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I believe they finished the coding and such for it as well.

Then those games are actually Dunn.

1 year later
#353 4 years ago
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the one you picked up a few months ago or did you snag a SECOND Cue???

#355 4 years ago

Being primarily into EMs, I had to look this one up, and 6 produced. Confirmed. That's Limited!

A couple months back I had the glass made for the 1956 Williams Fun House.
I've been told the VFW has one, but that's the only other I've heard about..

IMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0870 (resized).JPGIMG_0870 (resized).JPGIMG_0873 (resized).JPGIMG_0873 (resized).JPG
#356 4 years ago

This must be answered.

#357 4 years ago

Wonder where all 9 of the Brooks and Dunn's ended up. ? 1 played with Proto ROMS. I had a few at 1 point.

#358 4 years ago

Same one but didn’t see it mentioned in this thread so I figured I’d put it here to see if any others were known. I think one is on west coast from accounts I’ve heard but other than that, there may not be any others.

The roms did get dumped to ipdb. I need to finish getting them more documentation on the game.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

anyone know where this one ended up?
[quoted image]

As a Charlie’s Angels owner, I appreciate your image.

#360 4 years ago

Who has a rare barometer for this one. I was particularly traumatized by this movie as a child.

374DFE66-F6D5-40A8-AD34-4F444A5BF6EC (resized).jpeg374DFE66-F6D5-40A8-AD34-4F444A5BF6EC (resized).jpeg53402EDE-6F52-424B-B4D1-C92903D86B89 (resized).jpeg53402EDE-6F52-424B-B4D1-C92903D86B89 (resized).jpeg
#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Wonder where all 9 of the Brooks and Dunn's ended up. ? 1 played with Proto ROMS. I had a few at 1 point.

A few? How many is a few? Any pics?

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Who has a rare barometer for this one. I was particularly traumatized by this movie as a child.[quoted image][quoted image]

wait where did you find this? I've never heard of this, I'm assuming a custom retheme? What's it based on?

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

wait where did you find this? I've never heard of this, I'm assuming a custom retheme? What's it based on?

Conversion kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/fly-high

#364 4 years ago

I'm working on making my Williams Roto presentable, pics soon hopefully.

The only one on Pinside, and only one other listed in the ipsnd.

Two player add-a-ball!

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2020

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Two player add-a-ball!

I know Gottlieb and Chicago Coin have 2 player true AABs, but I think this is the first I heard
of Williams having one. Pics would be interesting to check out..

#366 4 years ago

Yep, now that I have the playfield somewhat apart I found this cool mech under the apron that switches between letting the ball drain normally or returning it to play from between the flippers, which burns off the extra balls indicated by stars on the backglass. I can give you a pic of that mech for now, pre-cleaning.

They used the mech in Set Up and Post Time as well, and after further reading it seems Roto's Add-A-Ball works more like those games' Extended Play feature. It doesn't count up more actual balls, it awards stars like on Italian export games, and since I haven't gotten it working yet I can only presume the free balls get launched back from between the flippers immediately, so no pause between "balls" until you burn off your stars and your turn is over. Sounds kinda fun, actually, and from the looks of things there are a lot of chances to win these stars, the game is all about getting the big spinning arrow in the backbox to spin and win stars.
mech (resized).jpgmech (resized).jpg

Don't hold your breath waiting for more, I'm a 99 projects at once kind of guy, but maybe posting this will give me some gumption for this particular project... I am eager to play it!

#367 4 years ago

Zaccaria Nautilus looks like this one makes #3 according to Pinside. I’m sure there are a few more out there.

A8051C67-A2B2-4D78-8ED0-DF1C8B4BECEA (resized).jpegA8051C67-A2B2-4D78-8ED0-DF1C8B4BECEA (resized).jpeg
#368 4 years ago

There were only 2 or 3 proto Brooks ‘N Dunn’s made, but there were enough parts made to assemble roughly 7 or 8 more games. I own one of the playfields, pictured below.

Mike Pacak bought the one whitewood prototype whose whereabouts were known (former Gottlieb President Gil Pollock supposedly owns the other 1 or 2). I saw it a Mike’s house several years ago, along with some of the extra parts. Mike did manage to get another game built and running with FAST Pinball hardware, and it has been at Expo a couple times.

AE9F303B-66F4-4324-BE22-5502E54630EE (resized).jpegAE9F303B-66F4-4324-BE22-5502E54630EE (resized).jpeg
#369 4 years ago

which burns off the extra balls indicated by stars on the backglass.

Sounds similar to a Gootlieb true "Wow" machine (Bank Shot, Ship Ahoy, Team One, ect.)
Are there 5 Stars on the backglass? I'd find it interesting to go through that machine..

#370 4 years ago

Yep, now that I have the playfield somewhat apart I found this cool mech under the apron that switches between letting the ball drain normally or returning it to play from between the flippers, which burns off the extra balls indicated by stars on the backglass. I can give you a pic of that mech for now, pre-cleaning.
They used the mech in Set Up and Post Time as well, and after further reading it seems Roto's Add-A-Ball works more like those games' Extended Play feature. It doesn't count up more actual balls, it awards stars like on Italian export games, and since I haven't gotten it working yet I can only presume the free balls get launched back from between the flippers immediately, so no pause between "balls" until you burn off your stars and your turn is over. Sounds kinda fun, actually, and from the looks of things there are a lot of chances to win these stars, the game is all about getting the big spinning arrow in the backbox to spin and win stars.
[quoted image]
Don't hold your breath waiting for more, I'm a 99 projects at once kind of guy, but maybe posting this will give me some gumption for this particular project... I am eager to play it!

That is actually a really neat feature, I'll have to put that into my mental library for a future idea I'm kicking around.

-Hans

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

There were only 2 or 3 proto Brooks ‘N Dunn’s made, but there were enough parts made to assemble roughly 7 or 8 more games. I own one of the playfields, pictured below.
Mike Pacak bought the one whitewood prototype whose whereabouts were known (former Gottlieb President Gil Pollock supposedly owns the other 1 or 2). I saw it a Mike’s house several years ago, along with some of the extra parts. Mike did manage to get another game built and running with FAST Pinball hardware, and it has been at Expo a couple times.[quoted image]

These actually came from Greg R. here in Dallas. He had all of them and then sold them to the McGilvery Brother's and we ended up with that at the old Gameroom Solutions. Then Mike P. bought the lot I am assuming. There were whitewoods and we had a partial working game. There was enough for 9 of them.

#372 3 years ago

These actually came from Greg R. here in Dallas. He had all of them and then sold them to the McGilvery Brother's and we ended up with that at the old Gameroom Solutions. Then Mike P. bought the lot I am assuming. There were whitewoods and we had a partial working game. There was enough for 9 of them.

Yep. I thought they came from him. I haven't talked to him in several years. He also used to own the 2 Alvin G Slam-N-Jam prototypes, one of which I ended up buying after they changed hands 2 more times. He has had tons of cool stuff.

#373 3 years ago

Yep, now that I have the playfield somewhat apart I found this cool mech under the apron that switches between letting the ball drain normally or returning it to play from between the flippers, which burns off the extra balls indicated by stars on the backglass. ..... It doesn't count up more actual balls, it awards stars like on Italian export games, and since I haven't gotten it working yet I can only presume the free balls get launched back from between the flippers immediately, so no pause between "balls" until you burn off your stars and your turn is over.

Bally's 1969 On Beam had this feature -- one of many things I loved about that game-- though the mech setup was different than what you've pictured. Super fun feature, and counted the same way, as stars on the backglass

#374 3 years ago

Does anyone know where the Gas Attack machines went?

IMG_3011S (resized).jpgIMG_3011S (resized).jpgIMG_3026S (resized).jpgIMG_3026S (resized).jpg
#375 3 years ago

I believe there were 6 of them made. They traveled to museums. Not sure of whereabouts now....

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

2 flipper breakshot clones?

Yes, and they were a wiring nightmare.

#378 3 years ago

Too bad we still do not have the roms backed up.....
Love to play it in PinMame some day.
I never got around to visit the exhibit in Brussels.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Does anyone know where the Gas Attack machines went?[quoted image][quoted image]

I've never seen these pictures in any of my research! I couldn't even find pictures of two of them together, how fascinating!

#380 3 years ago

I've never seen these pictures in any of my research! I couldn't even find pictures of two of them together, how fascinating!

If you are a pinballninja.com subscriber there are three articles dedicated to Gas Attack repair plus other interesting data about those machines. There is also a picture of three of them together .

http://www.pinballninja.com/?p=10788
http://www.pinballninja.com/?p=13743
http://www.pinballninja.com/?p=13761

#381 3 years ago

make me want to play Breakshot again

#382 3 years ago

I played DE King Kong in the arcade at the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver. I'd love to know the story behind it being there and what happened to it.

2 weeks later
#383 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I played DE King Kong in the arcade at the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver. I'd love to know the story behind it being there and what happened to it.

There are 9 of them all with slight variations of code revision. Chris Hutchins has done at least one of them. Several collectors on here have them in their collections. I think John Dayhuff still has one?

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

There are 9 of them all with slight variations of code revision. Chris Hutchins has done at least one of them. Several collectors on here have them in their collections. I think John Dayhuff still has one?

Chris has done more than 1, I believe that he has done 3. Dayhuff does have one. I know were several are, but most of those that have the high end pins are not ones that want it publicly known. I had one of the HEP Restored ones and sold it late last year.

Krull had 10 or less made, and I just sold my HEP Krull last week. I was happy to have it for a while and enjoyed taking it to Expo last year, but it was time for it to move on.

#385 3 years ago

I'm just surprised there was one on location, and also that there was one in Canada. It seems there must be a story behind that. Does anyone else remember seeing one on location? I thought since there were only 9, they were likely always held privately.

#386 3 years ago

I can assure you, they are not.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm just surprised there was one on location, and also that there was one in Canada. It seems there must be a story behind that. Does anyone else remember seeing one on location?

On location? And one in Canada? Hmmmm ... Minnesota... Canada.. Were there Geese flying per chance? (:

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Chris has done more than 1, I believe that he has done 3. Dayhuff does have one. I know were several are, but most of those that have the high end pins are not ones that want it publicly known. I had one of the HEP Restored ones and sold it late last year.
Krull had 10 or less made, and I just sold my HEP Krull last week. I was happy to have it for a while and enjoyed taking it to Expo last year, but it was time for it to move on.

Thanks for bringing it to Expo last year, it was cool to finally play a Krull in person.

#389 3 years ago

Ha, I guess I didn't mention the year: that was back in the 90's. The arcade at the PNE shut down decades ago. I meant did anyone else run into them on location back then.

I didn't think much of it back then, it was just another game. But knowing the rarity now, I'm surprised it was out in the wild.

1 month later
#390 3 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I dumped Michael Jordan roms earlier this year.
I submitted them to John Wart in case anyone wants them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I've been looking for MJ ROMs very long time!
Please send me that John Wart link! I only get "John Wort" when I google "John Wart"
Thanks in advance!
Peter

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I've been looking for MJ ROMs very long time!
Please send me that John Wart link! I only get "John Wort" when I google "John Wart"
Thanks in advance!
Peter

Very cool. I would love to run these as well.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Very cool. I would love to run these as well.

Nice!

#393 3 years ago

And also Aaron Spelling for LW3.

#394 3 years ago

You can get ROMs for Aaron Spelling there:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4339/aar_101.zip

Peter

2 months later
#395 3 years ago

it's flipperless gambling machine (a solid state take on a 1940s one ball,) but a previously unknown machine just surfaced: https://pindude152.blogspot.com/2020/09/first-race-solid-state-one-ball-horse.html
Still super cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 10.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for/page/8?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.