IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Mythology
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that's awesome, but where are the scores?

#302 5 years ago

Supreme pinball

https://www.supremenewyork.com/random/pinball

Some say only 200 were made. I don't like the cabinet art at all. For a machine that charged $10,000+. It deserved a better design but I guess only the brand name it's self worth $9,000. Anyway I am a pinball fan not a Supreme fan so this pinball will have less value in my eyes.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#303 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like one of these maybe ?
ebay.com link » Wacky Bubble Gumball Factory Cool Gum Ball Machine Wowie Zowie
They come in all kinds of styles and themes.
LTG : )

That's basically the sort of thing I was thinking of. From what I can remember, the game I played had a clown head similar to Pinball Circus, was about as big as Pinball Circus, had some sort of player control mechanism (buttons, levers, a launcher, etc--I can't remember exactly), and possibly dispensed tickets (I'm pretty sure it didn't dispense prizes or gumballs--it was pretty much exclusively a redemption arcade that dispensed tickets). Obviously, I could be mistaken in some of the details, but those are the main things that stood out, which is why I originally thought there was a possibility of it being Pinball Circus in the first place.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Supreme pinball
https://www.supremenewyork.com/random/pinball
Some say only 200 were made. I don't like the cabinet art at all. For a machine that charged $10,000+. It deserved a better design but I guess only the brand name it's self worth $9,000. Anyway I am a pinball fan not a Supreme fan so this pinball will have less value in my eyes.
[quoted image]

Supreme followers seemed to go bananas over it. Remember when there was a supreme fan who posted a thread about getting loans to buy one of them?

#305 5 years ago

I know 100% it was pinball circus.
It wasn't punchy, it wasn't varkon.

Unless there is another pinball game in a mortal kombat kinda looking williams cabinet. With a DMD an elephant that lifts the ball and a clown head up top and a trapeze artist hanging in it?

A couple of other local friends that frequented that arcade remember it too.

I'm pretty sure one came to Canada. Because how else did I play it?

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

With a DMD an elephant that lifts the ball and a clown head up top and a trapeze artist hanging in it?

That animation sounds straight out of CV

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I know 100% it was pinball circus.
It wasn't punchy, it wasn't varkon.
Unless there is another pinball game in a mortal kombat kinda looking williams cabinet. With a DMD an elephant that lifts the ball and a clown head up top and a trapeze artist hanging in it?
A couple of other local friends that frequented that arcade remember it too.
I'm pretty sure one came to Canada. Because how else did I play it?

I'm guessing you saw the same game that I did, which seemed to have a strong resemblance to Pinball Circus.

#308 5 years ago

The only way to settle this is just build more Pinball Circus!

#309 5 years ago

Ticket Tac Toe built in a Safecracker cabinet (not the normal redemption cabinet) gumball dispenser and software (look closely at the DMD). Serial 90005-0001. Also has a test color playfield in the game, different test color lower and upper playfield and the production lower playfield. Only one that exists.
IMG_20180925_163309 (resized).jpgIMG_20180925_163309 (resized).jpgIMG_20180925_163702 (resized).jpgIMG_20180925_163702 (resized).jpgIMG_20180925_163506 (resized).jpgIMG_20180925_163506 (resized).jpgIMG_20180925_163802 (resized).jpgIMG_20180925_163802 (resized).jpg

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Williams only tested one Pinball Circus, on the street, in Chicago. Their people and records showed that.

Back in the '90s my buddy and I didn't know that the arcade we frequented was a test location. We unwittingly played numerous protos, including Scared Stiff and Safecracker (collecting the antique finish coins) and Pinball Circus. Ah, the good old days.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I have a Bristol Hills, a Mara Hari EM and Punchy The Clown

A Bristol Hills was sold at that auction on Tulsa several months ago. Nice condition but not working.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I was wondering what happend to the Gas Attack games....
Shameless text copy from the ipdb. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5111
"There were two of these made for "Grossology", a participatory exhibit that tours the United States, Canada, and Europe teaching children about bodily functions. It has custom dot matrix work and custom audio appropriate for its theme. One machine on tour in Denver, Colorado was set for 2-ball free play."
I tried to get the roms files for this game, but no luck.
People would or could not co-operate to get them.
I think they are lost forever....
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was hired to repair these games when the exhibit was here in Phoenix a couple of years ago. They were in pretty dimsal shape at the time. I had to rebuild the flippers and pops and even fix an incorrectly wired lamp matrix on one of the games (glad they had them side by side)

While the playfield and cabinet are from a Capcom Breakshot the board set is actually a Stern Whitestar. All the wiring connectors from the playfield harnesses have been cut and recrimped to fit onto the whitestar driver board. I wish I would have thought to copy the Roms out of it.

The code was super basic. Only 1 ball per game, single ball play, set to free play. No modes or multi-balls or anything IIRC. You just got to flip the ball and it made body noises and gave you points for hitting the switches.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I was hired to repair these games when the exhibit was here in Phoenix a couple of years ago. They were in pretty dimsal shape at the time. I had to rebuild the flippers and pops and even fix an incorrectly wired lamp matrix on one of the games (glad they had them side by side)
While the playfield and cabinet are from a Capcom Breakshot the board set is actually a Stern Whitestar. All the wiring connectors from the playfield harnesses have been cut and recrimped to fit onto the whitestar driver board. I wish I would have thought to copy the Roms out of it.
The code was super basic. Only 1 ball per game, single ball play, set to free play. No modes or multi-balls or anything IIRC. You just got to flip the ball and it made body noises and gave you points for hitting the switches.

Wow we have a legend amongst us! That’s pretty neat you got to work on them. Any idea what the reason was for using Whitestar?

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hate to suggest it, but your memories might not be right.
When there are gaps, the human mind fills in the gaps. Look at how many time people here post looking for their favorite game from way back when, realize it was something completely different.
It will always come down to provenance. Photos or articles in newspaper or magazine from there and then. And a game like Pinball Circus would have had pictures taken by someone.
Williams only tested one game, on the street, in Chicago. Their people and records showed that.

I believe WMS used the the same T2 shooter game cabinet for Pinball Circus? Maybe you remember the cabinet, but not the actual game?
7C709F38-2E3E-4C78-8796-416C6B508BEE (resized).jpeg7C709F38-2E3E-4C78-8796-416C6B508BEE (resized).jpeg

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I believe WMS used the the same T2 shooter game cabinet for Pinball Circus? Maybe you remember the cabinet, but not the actual game?
[quoted image]

NO, different cabinet. I have pics of pinball circus. Ill find and post.

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's awesome, but where are the scores?

Did not do the cut outs yet
Donor game was a James Bond

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Clay Harrel might have the roms. His repairs of those games are documented on pinballninja.com blog (repair #640, #790 and #791).

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Now these are details we need!
I never thought they would have used Whitestar boards.
If we find the rom files perhaps we can get it to work in PinMame.
Now that would be great to fart about!

Quoted from rygar:

Clay Harrel might have the roms. His repairs of those games are documented on pinballninja.com blog (repair #640, #790 and #791).

I'll try sending him a PM.
Maybe, just maybe......

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I'll try sending him a PM.
Maybe, just maybe......

I dont think he responds to PM's you have to email him.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow we have a legend amongst us! That’s pretty neat you got to work on them. Any idea what the reason was for using Whitestar?

I'm guessing they used the whitestar because they probably paid Stern to program them so it could use off the shelf parts and standard eproms. The sound section only has 2 roms.

http://firebirdpinball.com/kris-has-a-gas-attack/

I have a picture of the boardset if anybody wants to submit it to IPDB.

#322 5 years ago

whitestar modified

SMALL-Gas-Attack-2 (resized).jpgSMALL-Gas-Attack-2 (resized).jpg

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Back in the '90s my buddy and I didn't know that the arcade we frequented was a test location. We unwittingly played numerous protos, including Scared Stiff and Safecracker (collecting the antique finish coins) and Pinball Circus. Ah, the good old days.

Where at? I grew up in Schaumburg. While I'm young(er) (33), I have some fond memories of arcades in my childhood. The biggest for me was the arcade in Lake Geneva.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Yep, saw the Rat Race ad. I think that's the first time I'd ever seen one for sale!
IPDB claims 10 prototypes made of Thunderball and Rat Race. So there's 1 each...(I'm sure it's possible others have been mentioned on the forum previously)
Richard

Had the opportunity to play Thunder Ball at Expo. Intetesting game to say

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

[quoted image]

Different style

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Those games were a wiring madness. I think 6 were converted. An exhibit rolled through our museum and I worked on them . They were filthy dirty, got the ok to bring one home to shop it out. They both had a smell to them, seriously. I had copies of roms made, but have no way to copy and send them.

#327 5 years ago

Here is the final restore of Rockola - Army Navy This one makes 23 known machines.

--Jeff

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Here is the final restore of Rockola - Army Navy This one makes 23 known machines.

I have no idea how a company can make like 70,000 of one machine and then just a few months later just produce like a handful of one that's just as cool.

#329 5 years ago

Not sure if this counts as no idea if total number produced is recorded anywhere. But have a Wild Texas being delivered this afternoon.

It is a copy/conversion of Firepower 2. As far as I am aware it has the same layout, rules and sounds... Just different art and cabinet shape.

Assume there are not many around but if anyone has any more info it would be great.

IMG_20180911_140255 (resized).jpgIMG_20180911_140255 (resized).jpgIMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpgIMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg
#330 5 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Not sure if this counts as no idea if total number produced is recorded anywhere. But have a Wild Texas being delivered this afternoon.
It is a copy/conversion of Firepower 2. As far as I am aware it has the same layout, rules and sounds... Just different art and cabinet shape.
Assume there are not many around but if anyone has any more info it would be great.

First time I've heard of it. Looks interesting.

IPDB doesn't seem to have much info on it.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5500

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from robm:

I've only seen 2, one with a white cabinet and one with a black cabinet. Both of which have gone through a dealer in QLD, I'm assuming from your location that you bought the black one from him, which he did have listed for sale recently.

#332 5 years ago

This is a very rare line up.

IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpgIMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
#333 5 years ago

edit...oops

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

[quoted image]

Couldn't get much rarer!

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

I've only seen 2, one with a white cabinet and one with a black cabinet. Both of which have gone through a dealer in QLD, I'm assuming from your location that you bought the black one from him, which he did have listed for sale recently.

Yep. Played it a few weeks ago when I was down there and really liked it.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

[quoted image]

WHOA I’ve been thinking how badass a Matrix pinball machine would be, and you made one?!
Incredible job, I found the thread, how awesome! I would LOVE to make one for myself. Johnny Mnemonic was such a wasted game on a mistake of a theme. I mean that movie is just a total pile. The game is sooooo good, the layout is so satisfying!! And then it had to be JM :’(

Funny story that they originally wanted a budged of something near half a million and got turned down.
They came back and instead asked for $26 million and got it. The whole movie is a case of “throw money at it till it sticks”

The Matrix is truly doing justice to that magnificent design!

#337 5 years ago

matrix was done as a conversion years ago on JM machines.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

matrix was done as a conversion years ago on JM machines.

Can it still be done? That conversion is amazing and JM is otherwise.... not amazing

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Can it still be done? That conversion is amazing and JM is otherwise.... not amazing

JM is great!

For legal reasons I think they limited the matrix conversions to 3?

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

JM is great!

Actualy they made 10.
You need to ask Peer if you want to know more.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/peer

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

JM is great!

The game is great, as I was saying, but the movie really is incredibad. It’s good for a laugh I guess, just really cringe-inducing.

The pin is way up there on the list, way too underrated

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hate to suggest it, but your memories might not be right.
When there are gaps, the human mind fills in the gaps. Look at how many time people here post looking for their favorite game from way back when, realize it was something completely different.
It will always come down to provenance. Photos or articles in newspaper or magazine from there and then. And a game like Pinball Circus would have had pictures taken by someone.
Williams only tested one game, on the street, in Chicago. Their people and records showed that.

Pinball Circus was tested at 3 arcade locations in the Chicagoland area. Gala North or Galaxy World in Carol Stream, Just for Fun in Arlington Heights, and Diversions in Chicago. There were 2 out at the same time. I played them at all three locations. Just for Fun was the test location for Capcom which had Kingpin there too.

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Where at? I grew up in Schaumburg. While I'm young(er) (33), I have some fond memories of arcades in my childhood. The biggest for me was the arcade in Lake Geneva.

Quoted from Da_Topper:

Pinball Circus was tested at 3 arcade locations in the Chicagoland area. Galaxy World in Carol Stream, Just for Fun in Arlington Heights, and Diversions in Chicago. There were 2 out at the same time. I played them at all three locations. Just for Fun was the test location for Capcom which had Kingpin there too.

My buddy and I played a lot of pre-production games at Galaxy World in Carol Stream (without realizing they were protos), including Pinball Circus. We first played Monster Bash at Just for Fun in Arlington Heights - I bet it was pre-production, too.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

My buddy and I played a lot of pre-production games at Galaxy World in Carol Stream (without realizing they were protos), including Pinball Circus. We first played Monster Bash at Just for Fun in Arlington Heights - I bet it was pre-production, too.

Do you remember if the Monster Bash had the moving ramp in front of Frank?

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I loved Gameland in Lake Geneva. Always four rows of pinballs and a great mix of novelty games. When I was real young(in the 70's, I am close to 47), they had a wall of ball bowlers and skee balls. Place went really downhill the last couple of years they were open. The owner was a real carny type guy, had a birth defect of one arm being much shorter than the other. At one time, the upper level of the building was an old game graveyard.

There was also small game room down in the old Grand Ballroom on the lakefront and the old Playboy Club/Americana always had a great line-up of pinball machines.

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I'd be curious to know if all the Krull's have been accounted for. That movie was so craptacular I'd love the chance to play a game or two.

I know one of the Krull machines made it here to the UK, back in the 80's. The owner of the arcade it was in bought it and a few other machines used in some expo. I played it loads, although mainly because it was easy to keep the ball in play on the upper and lower tables, so my 10p would last a very long time.

Didn't see the film until quite some years later, when it was on TV, I thought it was quite enjoyable, but then I like bad sci-fi and fantasy movies.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from Mels:

I know one of the Krull machines made it here to the UK, back in the 80's. The owner of the arcade it was in bought it and a few other machines used in some expo. I played it loads, although mainly because it was easy to keep the ball in play on the upper and lower tables, so my 10p would last a very long time.
Didn't see the film until quite some years later, when it was on TV, I thought it was quite enjoyable, but then I like bad sci-fi and fantasy movies.

My buddy who lives somewhat local to me has one of the Krull machines. I’ve been trying to talk him into selling it to me for a few years. No luck. The movie looks cheesy now when you watch it by today’s standards and effects, but back when I was a kid I thought it was awesome. Coolest looking “Chinese star” ever.

#348 5 years ago

anyone know where this one ended up?

Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpgCharlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
4 months later
#349 5 years ago

This Brooks & DUnn one comes to the Ohio Pinball show every year, it may be the only one.. not sure

53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
#350 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

This Brooks & DUnn one comes to the Ohio Pinball show every year, it may be the only one.. not sure
[quoted image]

That's the one that was built from parts a few years ago, rather than an original prototype. Either way, it's still an interesting looking game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.