IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from LookItsOps:

The other Kabuki is located in Minnesota. The owner has it up for sale. $14k. o.o

A bargain!

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The Pinball museum in Pittsburg had a Thunderball there.

Yep, saw the Rat Race ad. I think that's the first time I'd ever seen one for sale!

IPDB claims 10 prototypes made of Thunderball and Rat Race. So there's 1 each...(I'm sure it's possible others have been mentioned on the forum previously)

Richard

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from LookItsOps:

The other Kabuki is located in Minnesota. The owner has it up for sale. $14k. o.o

That is the real one. The other one was made up and not as complete.

LTG : )

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is the real one. The other one was made up and not as complete.

That is true!
It's beautiful as can be.

1 week later
#255 6 years ago

Talking about Prototypes:
One F14 Tomcat Proto, Jolly Park Proto no.4 and a Peyper Odin Proto are safe and to be played at For Amusement Only in Seligenstadt Germany

3 weeks later
#256 5 years ago

What about Rat Race by williams? Along with Joust, those funky sideways tilting playfield "novelty" games. Only 10 Rat Race prototypes were ever made and I believe 400 some Jousts. Anyone aware of a Rat Race that is publicly playable? I'm reading both are fun.

rat race pinball (resized).jpgrat race pinball (resized).jpg

joust pinball (resized).pngjoust pinball (resized).png

#257 5 years ago

There are reportedly 4 examples of Rat Race in the U.S. (per Pinside member collection records) with no known public places to go play one, unfortunately.

Dunno if maybe one of the pin museums has one and it's just escaped being noted?

Richard

#258 5 years ago

2- Joust's at the Museum of Pinball in Banning, both working great.

#259 5 years ago

One of each at the Ohio show this weekend, both up and running.

John

#260 5 years ago

The musician Ryan Adams also owns a Krull in his collection:
https://twitter.com/theryanadams/status/475181675760975873?s=12

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

One of each at the Ohio show this weekend, both up and running.
John

I asked just a little too late, my folks are in Ohio, could have had a little pinball vacation. Glad to hear though, Ill have to catch them sometime down the road.

3 weeks later
#262 5 years ago

I just picked up a working Spectra IV.I can't find anything on production numbers but it seems to be one of only a few in working condition.

#263 5 years ago

Does the Kabuki table have custom dots or just Tommy's dots? On Ipdb it looks like it has some short sound effects and some custom music, but wondering how complete of a game it is or just a piece of art.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Does the Kabuki table have custom dots or just Tommy's dots?

The original real one has some custom dots. No idea on the other one.

#265 5 years ago

A friend of mine owns a joust and he is up about 2 hrs north of Toronto.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The musician Ryan Adams also owns a Krull in his collection:
https://twitter.com/theryanadams/status/475181675760975873?s=12

I had a retailer hit me up on Klov a few years back inquiring about my Gottlieb Spirit - if I was looking to unload. He asked if I had a Krull or knew the whereabouts of one. He said it was for a 'famous musician client'.

This has to be that same 'client'.

4 months later
#267 5 years ago

So has anyone played a pin that has a huge cock ejaculating onto a bunch of chicks spread eagle? I have. Can’t remember the name but gene cunningham had it in his personal collection before shit hit the fan. I recall him saying it was a joke that one Pinball company made for the ceo of the other.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

So has anyone played a pin that has a huge cock ejaculating onto a bunch of chicks spread eagle? I have. Can’t remember the name but gene cunningham had it in his personal collection before shit hit the fan. I recall him saying it was a joke that one Pinball company made for the ceo of the other.

Big Dick...Didn't realize it was a joke for ceo. From my understanding i thought about 12 were produced. I held the back glass couple years ago. Bummed I didn't buy it.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

A friend of mine owns a joust and he is up about 2 hrs north of Toronto.

Mine needs boardwork but is restored with a nice pf. They are rare for sure.

20180603_102618 (resized).jpg20180603_102618 (resized).jpg
#270 5 years ago

I was wondering what happend to the Gas Attack games....
Shameless text copy from the ipdb. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5111

"There were two of these made for "Grossology", a participatory exhibit that tours the United States, Canada, and Europe teaching children about bodily functions. It has custom dot matrix work and custom audio appropriate for its theme. One machine on tour in Denver, Colorado was set for 2-ball free play."

I tried to get the roms files for this game, but no luck.
People would or could not co-operate to get them.
I think they are lost forever....
IMG_3006S (resized).jpgIMG_3006S (resized).jpgIMG_3014S (resized).jpgIMG_3014S (resized).jpg

#271 5 years ago

That would be cool to have in your line up. Same could be said for pretty much every game in this thread.

#272 5 years ago

Grossology is an exhibit that tours, and in 2016 the machines were still part of it: https://www.sfsciencecenter.org/grossology (at least based on the web site photo, but that appears to be a presser stock photo)
It was def around in 2015 as per this image https://twitter.com/SeattleMonorail/status/620264612710121472

Right now the exhibit is at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History https://www.fwmuseum.org/exhibit/grossology/

I found a local news report on it and at least from their footage, the games are gone. They have seemingly been replaced with two upright arcade cabinets, which you can see at the end.
https://www.wfaa.com/video/entertainment/television/programs/good-morning-texas/grossology-at-the-fort-worth-museum-of-science-and-history/287-8166904
Urine: The Game https://twitter.com/crowetv/status/1001941810393083904

So.... did they destroy the games? Are they just out for service? I sent an email to the production company to check.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Grossology is an exhibit that tours, and in 2016 the machines were still part of it: https://www.sfsciencecenter.org/grossology (at least based on the web site photo, but that appears to be a presser stock photo)
It was def around in 2015 as per this image https://twitter.com/SeattleMonorail/status/620264612710121472
Right now the exhibit is at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History https://www.fwmuseum.org/exhibit/grossology/
I found a local news report on it and at least from their footage, the games are gone. They have seemingly been replaced with two upright arcade cabinets, which you can see at the end.
https://www.wfaa.com/video/entertainment/television/programs/good-morning-texas/grossology-at-the-fort-worth-museum-of-science-and-history/287-8166904
Urine: The Game https://twitter.com/crowetv/status/1001941810393083904
So.... did they destroy the games? Are they just out for service? I sent an email to the production company to check.

Bless you, doing the lords work!

#274 5 years ago

I specifically remember playing Pinball Circus at my local mall arcade. As well as a couple of my friends remember it as well. So I don't think it's a false memory.That was limeridge mall in Hamilton Ontario. So unless it was the same one that is in Vegas. There was another prototype that made its rounds in Canadian arcades.

Supposedly only 2 were made. One is in a private collection. And always has been. The other is in the pinball hall of fame.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Bless you, doing the lords work!

I heard back from the production company (Advanced Animations) and they said Grossology exhibit has a smaller and a larger touring configurations, and that only the larger setup contains the Gas Attack pinball machines, which are confirmed to still exist.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I heard back from the production company (Advanced Animations) and they said Grossology exhibit has a smaller and a larger touring configurations, and that only the larger setup contains the Gas Attack pinball machines, which are confirmed to still exist.

If we could just get a rom dump.....
Now that would be great!
Love to play it in PinMame.

#277 5 years ago

Mine are not setup, but would love to know what happened to all the Dinosaur Eggs and Alvin G USA footballs. No one on here seems to own one. AG soccer is also pretty rare with 18 owners listed. There were 500 of those made and yet punchy the clown with 1/5 the production run has 16 owners on here.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Mine are not setup, but would love to know what happened to all the Dinosaur Eggs and Alvin G USA footballs. No one on here seems to own one. AG soccer is also pretty rare with 18 owners listed. There were 500 of those made and yet punchy the clown with 1/5 the production run has 16 owners on here.

Most were probably scrapped since they were so big.

I've seen at least one soccer for sale and one dinosaur eggs--I think they may have had an accompanying pinside marketplace ad. They weren't cheap.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

So unless it was the same one that is in Vegas.

The one in Vegas was on test in Chicago for longer than any other pin. Then went into storage until 2005 Expo. That one never made it into Canada.

One supposedly went to Germany and disappeared, and one is owned by Neil Nicastro.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I was offered a dinosaur eggs on let go about a year ago. It was non working and he wanted $800 for it. It was in Lexington, KY. I passed. It wasn’t actually for sale I had just seen it in the corner of another picture and mentioned it being rare.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I was offered a dinosaur eggs on let go about a year ago. It was non working and he wanted $800 for it. It was in Lexington, KY. I passed. It wasn’t actually for sale I had just seen it in the corner of another picture and mentioned it being rare.

Well I just gutted my dinosaur eggs for the transformer. Pretty sure I will have to scrap it because the cost of replacing the parts is going to be over 50 percent of the machine, if I can even find them.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well I just gutted my dinosaur eggs for the transformer. Pretty sure I will have to scrap it because the cost of replacing the parts is going to be over 50 percent of the machine, if I can even find them.

Thats to bad. Try and save it.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Find someone else who wants a Dinosaur Eggs, scrapping such a rare game is honestly unthinkable.

#284 5 years ago

I found a USA Football back in April and it's definitely a hit when kids come over. It and Joust are a ton of fun being two players. Funny you mention Punchy the clown since I have one on a truck now headed my way. My daughter loved it at the last pinball show, probably only because it's really short on the shorter setting. I'd love to find an AG soccer!

Quoted from dung:

#285 5 years ago

Mythology

523F7EDC-4D68-41FE-B322-3AF6FF35812A (resized).jpeg523F7EDC-4D68-41FE-B322-3AF6FF35812A (resized).jpegC1A09F06-69D4-41C2-A301-211539C2490D (resized).jpegC1A09F06-69D4-41C2-A301-211539C2490D (resized).jpegDCF848E5-A7DF-40F5-9BC8-D58A6B33375F (resized).jpegDCF848E5-A7DF-40F5-9BC8-D58A6B33375F (resized).jpeg
#286 5 years ago

it says Gottlieb on coin door but that's not the mfg. right ??

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

it says Gottlieb on coin door but that's not the mfg. right ??

It's a French conversion kit for "The Games"

#288 5 years ago

Nice classic "Clash Of The Titans" ripoff backglass....

Where's Bubo?

Later,
EV

#289 5 years ago

I played a mythology at golden state this year. I think was owned by a pinsider. I found out later. But that mythology grabbed me and made me play it. I think I played a small handful of games.

Nice!

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The one in Vegas was on test in Chicago for longer than any other pin. Then went into storage until 2005 Expo. That one never made it into Canada.
One supposedly went to Germany and disappeared, and one is owned by Neil Nicastro.

I wonder if the Germany one was in Canada first, for a short time?
It would have been 94-95 and it was only there for about a week. Right by the front entrance of the mall arcade.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I wonder if the Germany one was in Canada first, for a short time?

No. Went from Williams right to the biggest European distributor in Germany.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Went from Williams right to the biggest European distributor in Germany.

Hmm? I wonder how me and a couple of friends remember playing it back in the day?
Or how/if one was in Canada.
And I've never been to Vegas.

Could one have made rounds in the Toronto area. Hamilton's arcades were run by the mob from the 30's to late 90's.

Screenshot_20180925-014327 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180925-014327 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180925-014339 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180925-014339 (resized).png
#293 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Hmm? I wonder how me and a couple of friends remember playing it back in the day?
Or how/if one was in Canada.
And I've never been to Vegas.
Could one have made rounds in the Toronto area. Hamilton's arcades were run by the mob from the 30's to late 90's.
[quoted image][quoted image]

and after each of the four shots he said "soooory aboot that".

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I hate to suggest it, but your memories might not be right.

When there are gaps, the human mind fills in the gaps. Look at how many time people here post looking for their favorite game from way back when, realize it was something completely different.

It will always come down to provenance. Photos or articles in newspaper or magazine from there and then. And a game like Pinball Circus would have had pictures taken by someone.

Williams only tested one game, on the street, in Chicago. Their people and records showed that.

#295 5 years ago

Maybe your mistaking it with banzai run

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Maybe your mistaking it with banzai run

I hate to say it, but I wondered if it was Punchy The Clown.

And for erak , I wish I was wrong.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I thought I remembered playing it in an arcade back in my hometown, but my memory of the actual game was a bit fuzzy. According to the tech who worked there at the time, I showed him a photo of Pinball Circus a couple years ago, and he said there was a similar looking game at the arcade, but it wasn't Pinball Circus. He couldn't remember the name of the game that was there since it had been so long since then.

I'm guessing it was either a rube goldberg style gumball game of some sort or a redemption game that shot balls/quarters into various areas (something like the Raptor's Revenge game that seemed to pop up everywhere).

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm guessing it was either a gumball game of some sort or a redemption game

Maybe - https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=515

#299 5 years ago

No, it was a stand-up game like Pinball Circus, which is why I thought it might have been Pinball Circus until the tech was able to confirm it wasn't.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm guessing it was either a rube goldberg style gumball game of some sort

Like one of these maybe ?

ebay.com link: Wacky Bubble gumball factory Cool gum ball machine wowie zowie

They come in all kinds of styles and themes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 10.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Tools
$ 45.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Tools
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.