IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I think there are on 2 of these, zidware - Space Mission X

Wow. Jpop cranked out a decent number of half baked games.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have never come across a Hyde Park in the wild myself,

This was a test sample machine, so I'm pretty sure they're pretty limited,
and even the Italian version (has backglass Italian writing) I never see pop
up. Someone did post that they had a populated playfield for this game and
appears to be the U.S. version..

Quoted from RA77:I know there is a nice one downunder

Mine is nice, but missing paint on some of the cab. Yours looks really
nice all around!
I do have another that needs much work, but certainly doable, so that's
3 of them amoung only 2, so looks like the 100 plus may be accurate. I
have pics of the head someplace. Same thing, pretty much complete, and
the cab. full of stickers..

IMG_1043 (resized).JPGIMG_1043 (resized).JPG

IMG_1047 (resized).JPGIMG_1047 (resized).JPG

IMG_1038 (resized).JPGIMG_1038 (resized).JPG

#203 6 years ago

Stern did a one-off Good Morning America pin about a decade or so ago. It was a retheme of one of their pins, can't remember which one right now. There is video somewhere of one of the Sharp brothers (I think) playing it on the show.

Anyone know where that went?

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

New Star's Phoenix just popped up in the marketplace:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56051

that's just stars phoenix. Cosmetically different from New Stars Phoenix and has standard displays instead of LED.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

You can contact him if you do not believe me, his Company still exists in Bavaria.

Is this the same guy selling NOS Geiger conversion kits?
http://www.geiger-parts.com
(click- Flipper>Conversion-Kits & Cabinet-Gehause)

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

That's him. I also spoke to him at expo a few years ago, and have talked on skype a few times. Tried to get ahold of him when I was in Bavaria a few months ago, but that didn't happen.

NOt many people are willing to put the time and money into building one of the Geiger conversions. Yet I have done a couple. If I ever find a kit for lady death, that will be built to

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

Yes that's right.
Thank you, vidgameseller

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

the novelty game people know today.

Forgive my ignorance, but I’m not aware of a Bally novelty game that even remotely looks like Bigfoot. What is it called?

#210 6 years ago

The novelty game he is referring to is Hercules made by Atari.

#211 6 years ago

Interesting to see some mention of Punk. I have a nice example in Michigan that came from the estate of the late BB King with his original purchase receipt intact. I bought it because of the 80s rock/pop artwork.

Been watching for years, but I have never have seen another for sale or on location anywhere in the US, so it is very hard to set a fair price for sale. I am interested in selling it, but have no price basis to triangulate on. Any recommendations about how to sell or is ebay the best marketplace for rare games?

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Allgood:

Interesting to see some mention of Punk. I have a nice example in Michigan that came from the estate of the late BB King with his original purchase receipt intact. I bought it because of the 80s rock/pop artwork.
Been watching for years, but I have never have seen another for sale or on location anywhere in the US, so it is very hard to set a fair price for sale. I am interested in selling it, but have no price basis to triangulate on. Any recommendations about how to sell or is ebay the best marketplace for rare games?

Whysnow here's your chance

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Allgood:

message sent

#214 6 years ago

I hope you get it. Stuff like this makes me smile. I mean what are the odds of that popping up and remotely close (same country anyway lol)

#215 6 years ago

#corvette

Of course this pinball is very common - about 5000 produced -, but the NCM versions are ultra-rare. From what I understand, about 6 or 9 NCM versions only have been produced. They are distinguished by a specific greeting message:Corvette1 (resized).jpgCorvette1 (resized).jpg
These models also have a particular ident number (type #136 instead of #536) and a dedicated Security PIC (working only with #136 model):Corvette2 (resized).jpgCorvette2 (resized).jpg
How many have survived? Is there always one in the museum and in working order?

1 week later
#216 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I hope you get it.

Me too. And then bring it to MGC.

So I can play it.
(And then claim that it's not rare at all, cause I played one at MGC. Like NEO's Scramble and Spooky.)

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Mine is nice but missing paint on some of the cab.
I do have another that needs much work and the cabinet is full of stickers.

It looks like it traveled around a lot and someone used that cab as a passport.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Me too. And then bring it to MGC.
So I can play it.
(And then claim that it's not rare at all, cause I played one at MGC. Like NEO's Scramble and Spooky.)

it is difficult to appreciate a super rare game sometimes when you see it at a show every year. Some of us are spoiled by seeing these gems often because the locals own them.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It looks like it traveled around a lot and someone used that cab as a passport.

That it does. Almost wall to wall stickers, but that's the first I got in
and it had a nice playfield. I was later fortunate to trade in one with
an original cabinet. With the two, ended up with one that's pretty
decent..

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Some of us are spoiled by seeing these gems often because the locals own them.

Yeah, but you have to remember, that's a rare spoiled..

#221 6 years ago

I'd definitely be curious to see how many of the 100 Star Lights made are still left.

Not that it holds much weight, there are only 10 serial numbers registered online last I saw.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it is difficult to appreciate a super rare game sometimes when you see it at a show every year. Some of us are spoiled by seeing these gems often because the locals own them.

Two years ago was my first MGC, and more or less the first thing I saw while bringing my machine in was Goin' Nuts. Floored me.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'd definitely be curious to see how many of the 100 Star Lights made are still left.
Not that it holds much weight, there are only 10 serial numbers registered online last I saw.

I know of a star light around. I've been meaning to see if I can nab it and save it. Its owned by the family of a good friend of mine, they aren't pin people, they just had it. It never gets used anymore. I pulled the batteries out of it one of the last time I was over there though.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I know of a star light around. I've been meaning to see if I can nab it and save it. Its owned by the family of a good friend of mine, they aren't pin people, they just had it. It never gets used anymore. I pulled the batteries out of it one of the last time I was over there though.

I've been looking for one. If you end up with it and want to trade it, let me know. I have a decent Taxi and a High Speed available.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Mine is nice, but missing paint on some of the cab. Yours looks really
nice all around!
I do have another that needs much work, but certainly doable, so that's
3 of them amoung only 2, so looks like the 100 plus may be accurate.

My friend near Ottawa has a Star-Jet, so that is 4. And I remember one being in the marketplace a month or three ago, so that's 5, unless the ad belonged to one of you two.

#226 6 years ago

Rich Grant (St. Louis) has his Star Jet for sale on Mr. Pinball. A bit pricey but it is in nice shape.

#227 6 years ago

Anybody got a clue how many units of FURIE have been manufactured?
A conversion-kit for FLASH by an obscure company called HYC Enterprises. I would like to say there are at least 2 big reasons why this can be compared to the already mentioned MISS WORLD
Also both of them were designed in 1981.
The pictures in the IPDB and the video in youtube show exactly the same machine which is obvious regarding the scratches on the Apron and the self-made score-cards.

Furie PB (resized).jpgFurie PB (resized).jpg
Furie Top (resized).jpgFurie Top (resized).jpg

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Here's a bunch that currently own. 1 is 1 of 5 to exist. the others have production runs less than 60 and many have been parted out (confirmed) and have less than 2 to 6 known to exist here in the states.

Wow that IO Moon is waaaay cooler than I previousl though! Also I'd love a Spooky! I love the "halloween" themed games, wish it wasn't so rare....

#230 6 years ago

Would Rotation VIII be considered rare, or just rare to find a working one?

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'd say both. The boards in that game are quite unique, to say the least.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Spectra IV is a rare one too. If anyone's ever coming up from Mississippi/Louisiana to NY let me know 'cause there's one I can buy... but can't go transport and the seller won't work with a shipping company.

Spectra IV and Rotation VIII, the rotating cocktails are obscenely rare and the boards are unobtainium. The guy who specialized in repairing them doesn't do it anymore.

They play like trash, but the novelty is where their appeal lies. The oddity of them is why I want one so bad.

Not "super rare" but I just bought a Night Moves today and I'm thrilled with it! Glad to join the "<500" club! Only 450 made. Turned down the Documented HUO Carribean Cruise though.

#233 6 years ago

My list for Super rare games I want to see surface:
Total Recall - that design drives me crazy. I need to see it in person to experience how on Earth it would play. The upper PF is definitely split control.
Also I seriously need to know how they broke it down for transport... there is NO WAY the dual cab stays together.
Total Recall would be a Pinball Circus level novelty game just for the sake of "how far can we take it"?

Goin' Nuts - with the previous post we now know 2 pairs of games are held up with collectors holding them for trade fodder. Lame IMO...
Goin' Nuts should be remade. It's such a unique, beloved game with an ingenious twist. People would LOVE to have it! It also could use lots of finishing touches.

Hypnox - the backglass is so incredible I want to see the game purely because of how incredible the art package must be. Hope pictures surface.

Another game that hasn't come up that actually has a real chance of popping up randomly: Varkon by Williams only 72 or so made

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Another game that hasn't come up that actually has a real chance of popping up randomly: Varkon by Williams only 72 or so made

90, according to IPDB:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2721

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

best use of a flash i've ever seen.

Naw "Tilty Flash" da best

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

And inspired the rocking boat upper playfield on JJP's new Pirates game.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

tilty flash is great, but what if you and titty tilty flash? WIN - WIN

#238 6 years ago

i Brought that one. And we played many dollar games on it that weekend

#239 6 years ago

They are around... It's a unique pinball experience for certain but there isn't much replay value IMHO.

#240 6 years ago

Spectra IV is a rare one too. If anyone's ever coming up from Mississippi/Louisiana to NY let me know 'cause there's one I can buy... but can't go transport and the seller won't work with a shipping company.
Spectra IV and Rotation VIII, the rotating cocktails are obscenely rare and the boards are unobtainium. The guy who specialized in repairing them doesn't do it anymore.
They play like trash, but the novelty is where their appeal lies. The oddity of them is why I want one so bad.

I bought a NIB Spectra IV about 12-15 yrs ago, ($400)
it was part of a warehouse stash (in Orange Co. Calif),
they had about 8-10 of them all still in the box,
but unfortunately most all had the MPU boards damaged
with battery acid leaks destroying parts of the traces,
as this pin design had the board sets that are stacked together
and the NiCad batteries had long ago leaked.
Game kinda booted but never was able to get it to play really.
Playfield was mint.
Used it as my kitchen table for years.
Now in the hands of the Pacific Pinball Museum.

3 months later
#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I bought a Star Light in Europe (Near London, UK), and am shipping it to CA. So that’s another one accounted for. I doubt 100 have actually survived. I put up some info about it on a website I host: www.firepower.2ya.com/7-sl.html

BTW- They should get the spelling of the Backglass Artist right on Pinside. I had it corrected on ipdb.org but it’s wrong here, I can’t see how to edit it. It should be Tom Schmelzer. See attached pic from my backglass.

77A68FA1-7ECA-4499-AF98-5A9A7E6DC44A (resized).jpeg77A68FA1-7ECA-4499-AF98-5A9A7E6DC44A (resized).jpeg

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

They are around... It's a unique pinball experience for certain but there isn't much replay value IMHO.

Very true about Varkon. I've played it at Videotopia years ago. Before prices went absolutely insane in the hobby, I put out a "wanted" ad willing to pay real money for one, but didn't get any serious responses.

It's a neat, very unique, and rare game...but extremely low on the replay value. I also liked it because it bridged the gap, sort of, between the pin and vid hobby, if only because it was mounted in a video game style cabinet.

Richard

#243 6 years ago

While we're on super rare, where are the Rat Race and Thunderball protos?

Richard

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

While we're on super rare, where are the Rat Race and Thunderball protos?
Richard

The Pinball museum in Pittsburg had a Thunderball there.

#246 6 years ago

I have a Bristol Hills, a Mara Hari EM and Punchy The Clown

#247 6 years ago

I hope that rat race went to a good home I saw that, not the right time for me.

Too bad this is the kind of pinball machine that I would like 1 of.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from alienpoker:

I bought a Star Light in Europe (Near London, UK), and am shipping it to CA. So that’s another one accounted for. I doubt 100 have actually survived. I put up some info about it on a website I host: http://www.firepower.2ya.com/7-sl.html
BTW- They should get the spelling of the Backglass Artist right on Pinside. I had it corrected on ipdb.org but it’s wrong here, I can’t see how to edit it. It should be Tom Schmelzer. See attached pic from my backglass.

Congrats on a great game! Was that the one with some white paint on the cabinent?

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from alienpoker:

I just checked the game archive entry, and it appears to be correct.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star-light

#250 6 years ago

The other Kabuki is located in Minnesota. The owner has it up for sale. $14k. o.o

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.