IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 6 years ago

I know of one DE Richie Rich in the state of Texas

#152 6 years ago

Thought I had a picture on my phone but anyway does anyone else have one of these Champion machines:

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/champion

It is from Italy and is surprisingly fun. I have a 300 as well, same art but competently different games, I love the fact that is says 400 Lira 1 play

#153 6 years ago

Pretty sure my NDA has passed so here ya go.

D511C2E7-A9B1-4965-BFAA-157F343F04DA (resized).jpegD511C2E7-A9B1-4965-BFAA-157F343F04DA (resized).jpeg

80AA465B-587B-45E5-8D3C-0A9789377999 (resized).jpeg80AA465B-587B-45E5-8D3C-0A9789377999 (resized).jpeg

C31F397C-B0EA-49AE-A4FF-ABA17A245FF1 (resized).jpegC31F397C-B0EA-49AE-A4FF-ABA17A245FF1 (resized).jpeg

19E418FF-EBB2-4B88-80DE-ECDAE22BD09A (resized).jpeg19E418FF-EBB2-4B88-80DE-ECDAE22BD09A (resized).jpeg

#154 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind knowing how many of these are out there.
Over 20, Under 20?

IMG_0740 (resized).JPGIMG_0740 (resized).JPG

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Over 20, Under 20?

Cool backglass

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Over 20, Under 20?

Love that game, have always wanted one.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Love that game,

Yeah, early multi-ball.
I knew it was pretty rare when I first got
it in, but kinda finding out much more than
what I first thought..

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Pretty sure my NDA has passed so here ya go.

Since the NDA has passed.....spill it!

#159 6 years ago

Over 20, easily. Less than 40 very possibly.

On Pinside there are 13 accounted for, now those are from Pinsiders willing to list their game. The IPSNDB has 2 in the USA and 2 in France.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That seems like a reasonable and very possibly an accurate (or at least
pretty close) estimated answer..
But now this one I can say there's less than 20, but what I have wondered
if all woodrail Flippers were sample machines. This one 100% is. Notice the
Gottlieb playfield logo being white and orange as woodrails prior. Metal
Flippers logo is all white like Wedge Heads after. I have seen a pic of a woodrail
Flipper having an all white logo. Maybe a Flipper woodrail, maybe a regular woodrail with
a metal rail Flipper playfield. I have always figure all woodrail Flippers were Sample
machines, but I'm not really sure. I also have been told of another original woodrail
Flipper that does not have the "As American as Baseball and Hot Dogs" slogan on
the backglass as this one has along with some prior woodrails, which makes me think
maybe not all woodrail Flippers were Samples..

IMG_0547 (resized).JPGIMG_0547 (resized).JPG

IMG_0544 (resized).JPGIMG_0544 (resized).JPG

IMG_0545 (resized).JPGIMG_0545 (resized).JPG

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Over 20, Under 20?

I have seen 3 or 4 in France only, including the one I owned. Would bet over 20.
The multiball feature might have encourage collectors to save them, even at a time when no one cared.
Shay made a repro backglass, and I bought the last one of a batch (10?) - so there was demand.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I would love to see these 2 custom pins from Pinball Summer the movie surface someday?

That "Pinball Summer" one looks like a re-themed Bobby Orr's Power Play -- you could make one yourself!

(Ref https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for#post-4031700 )

#163 6 years ago

only 21 of these know to exist between the gold top and wood versions. No idea what the production #s were.

--Jeff
https://www.facebook.com/prewarpinball

armynavy2 (resized).jpgarmynavy2 (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

only 21 of these know to exist between the gold top and wood versions. No idea what the production #s were.
--Jeff
https://www.facebook.com/prewarpinball

amazingly fun game!

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The boards are Zaccaria, the mechs are Gottlieb.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4666
The layout looks pretty similar to Bounty Hunter: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=361&picno=10273

actually the boards are not drop and play zaccaria. They are actually a revision 0, which has differences than a standard zac board, and you cannot take a gen 2 board and swap it. It will not work. But they appear to be gen2 by looking at it.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Quoted from Mopar:
Over 20
On Pinside there are 13 accounted for, now those are from Pinsiders willing to list their game. The IPSNDB has 2 in the USA and 2 in France.

I feel fairly confident that there are >40 Star Jets still in existence.
I would be willing to bet there might be >100.
No way to prove that though.
Just hope those still intact, remain restoreable come another 50 yrs from now.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Maybe, but I know of a few collectors that's been looking quite I while,
no luck yet..
How about this U.S. version. Over 20, under 20?

IMG_0911 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_0911 - Copy (resized).JPG

IMG_0918 (resized).JPGIMG_0918 (resized).JPG

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Since the NDA has passed.....spill it!

There isn’t really much to spill. Someone offered it to me for $22k and I couldn't swing that. I had first dibs. Guess it sold for $26k shortly thereafter.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I do believe that there are north of 100, but probably not by much. I had a shot at one a few years back and couldn’t pull the trigger. Haven’t decided if I regret it or not...it was not cheap.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

How about this U.S. version. Over 20, under 20?

I have never come across a Hyde Park in the wild myself, (at shows or online for sale etc),
not that i had been looking hard, but feel that pin is truly much rarer than say Star Jet

#171 6 years ago

Here's a bunch that currently own. 1 is 1 of 5 to exist. the others have production runs less than 60 and many have been parted out (confirmed) and have less than 2 to 6 known to exist here in the states.

DSCN1521 (resized).JPGDSCN1521 (resized).JPG

DSCN1814 (resized).JPGDSCN1814 (resized).JPG

IMG_20170913_214915299 (resized).jpgIMG_20170913_214915299 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170913_214937348 (resized).jpgIMG_20170913_214937348 (resized).jpg

DSCN1522 (resized).JPGDSCN1522 (resized).JPG

miss world (resized).jpgmiss world (resized).jpg

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Love that io moon Neo!

me too. It's way more awesome than I even thought.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I had a want ad for one of these before that was up for quite some time...but no luck. I still want one really bad. When I posted the ad, even tigerlaw had to add it to the database on here. Only 10 made. (Photos courtesy of IPDB)

Damn, dude's got some huge balls.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Love that io moon Neo!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

me too. It's way more awesome than I even thought.

Holy shit!!! Never saw any of those before. I'll take a package deal on Spooky, Miss World and IO Moon. Spooky can come first if you're not ready to move the other two.

#176 6 years ago

there is no such thing as not for sale. But on all 3 of those. It took me 5 to 6 years to find each of those. and I bought the first one that I could find. they are pretty much nonexistent. But the right offer. All 3 can be yours.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

but feel that pin is truly much rarer than say Star Jet

Oh yes, that is a sure thing (even if S.J. was under 20) and I would be very much
surprised if it's not more rare than the woodrail Flipper..

#178 6 years ago

I'd rather not say where this was recorded but I do know the player:

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I'd rather not say where this was recorded

Even has the Capcom Kingpin key chain.

LTG : )

#180 6 years ago

Here is another of the 5 miss worlds

DSC07088 (resized).JPGDSC07088 (resized).JPG

#181 6 years ago

I do know where many of the rare ones are, After taking Goin Nuts to Midwest gaming classics a couple years ago, I was contacted and sold it to a collector. Upon delivering it, I had to set it next to another Goin Nuts. With only 9 rumored, seeing two next to each other is not gonna happen much

#182 6 years ago

I have this one, it is the only known La Retata to have cabinet art and plastics. There is only pictures of one other working one, and it was in a high speed cabinet, with high speed art, and it also had high speed plastics on the playfield

22F4AF20-B3D9-45B9-B5DB-C32E835A9531 (resized).jpeg22F4AF20-B3D9-45B9-B5DB-C32E835A9531 (resized).jpeg

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I do know where many of the rare ones are, After taking Goin Nuts to Midwest gaming classics a couple years ago, I was contacted and sold it to a collector. Upon delivering it, I had to set it next to another Goin Nuts. With only 9 rumored, seeing two next to each other is not gonna happen much

That is collecting and hoarding... and greed all in one collector

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That is collecting and hoarding... and greed all in one collector

well, I will say this much, his collecting is insane, but understandable. He has them set up, plays them ,and lets others to. I did ask his reason for having multiples of some, and his answer was justifiable in my opinion.

The way he explained it to me, is that most collectors of the very rare stuff hide the collections and don't like to let go of them. and the only way he can get a few of the titles he wants is by offering other rare things in trade. Most of the rare collectors, don't have financial problems so often selling them is something that they don't want to do. However, trading for a rare game that they don't have does happen, so he said that a few of the games that he has, were only obtainable by trading, he said that on one occasion, he offered stupid money for a game he wanted, and was rejected. However, he had a rare game the collector wanted, and was able to trade for the same game he offered stupid money for.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Here is another of the 5 miss worlds

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's definitely untrue that only 5 MISS WORLD have been manufactured. I know Mr Geiger personally and he must know. 150 Conversion-Kits were sold and that for sure. Maybe 5 were sold to the USA but that's the only reason where this rumour comes from.
Cabinet-Art did not exist, his Company used parted-out Bally-Cabinets or just sold the new parts to Operators who converted them at home.
He still has some Playboards and Plastics left but not a single Backglass. In fact he still gets demands for Backglasses to this day but can't do nothing about it.
I did show him the 'custom-designed' Cabinet-Art and he was very pleased by the 'old-school' silk-screened one but not by the 'modern one'
You can contact him if you do not believe me, his Company still exists in Bavaria.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Holy shit!!! Never saw any of those before. I'll take a package deal on Spooky, Miss World and IO Moon. Spooky can come first if you're not ready to move the other two.

Spooky is a really cool game . Neo was nice enough to bring it to mgc a few years ago .

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I know of one DE Richie Rich in the state of Texas

Wasn't there only one manufactured for the movie? If so, must be it.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's definitely untrue that only 5 MISS WORLD have been manufactured. I know Mr Geiger personally and he must know. 150 Conversion-Kits were sold and that for sure. Maybe 5 were sold to the USA but that's the only reason where this rumour comes from.
Cabinet-Art did not exist, his Company used parted-out Bally-Cabinets or just sold the new parts to Operators who converted them at home.
He still has some Playboards and Plastics left but not a single Backglass. In fact he still gets demands for Backglasses to this day but can't do nothing about it.
I did show him the 'custom-designed' Cabinet-Art and he was very pleased by the 'old-school' silk-screened one but not by the 'modern one'
You can contact him if you do not believe me, his Company still exists in Bavaria.

I will verify this to be true as I imported six from Germay years ago!

#190 6 years ago

Goin Nuts is about to go nuts. Recent find for sale I think? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goin-nuts

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

super rare
only one known to exist
alive and well in the vast Peck collection in Long Beach.
Bally's EM Star Trek variant prior to solid state SuperSonic version.
Played it and liked it a lot.

I love that Bally Star Ship, that would look awesome next to my Bally Supersonic!!!!!

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Goin Nuts is about to go nuts. Recent find for sale I think? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goin-nuts

I’d love to just stumble onto something like that lol.

#193 6 years ago

I think there are on 2 of these, zidware - Space Mission X

spx_backglass (resized).jpgspx_backglass (resized).jpg

spx_hardware1 (resized).JPGspx_hardware1 (resized).JPG

spx_hardware3 (resized).jpgspx_hardware3 (resized).jpg

spx_litup (resized).JPGspx_litup (resized).JPG

spx_machines lit up (resized).jpgspx_machines lit up (resized).jpg

spx_playfield (resized).jpgspx_playfield (resized).jpg

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

I talked to him at expo 3 years ago. Didn't know he was still in business. it was great to know he is still around and still in business. I asked him specificially about this, because if you try to do a miss world conversion. The playfields are all wrong in the outhole area. the hole isn't cut anywhere close to where it needs to be. He told me specifically the project was scrapped because of the bad playfield routing, they had some problem with it and wasn't found out until later. that's why they are pretty much nonexistent. If you try and do the conversion with those couple fields that were left, you are in for a surprise I have ever only ran into 5 known copies. And everyone is different. Some have red plastics, some have yellow, some have a blue, some are a mix hodgepodge of all 3 colors.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Anyone knows how rare are Taito games outside Brazil? I would love to play / own a Mister Black (remake of Williams Defender) but I never saw one in Europe.

I too would love to have a Mr. Black.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Over 20, Under 20?

I know there is a nice one downunder

190520127177 (resized).jpg190520127177 (resized).jpg

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Big Foot was probably scrapped at some point because of its unmanageable size. I'm surprised at the number of Hercules pins that have survived.

People may not be aware but Bally sold the intellectual property construction rights of Bigfoot to Atari to make Hercules and converted the game from EM to SS as the novelty game people know today. If you look carefully you will see the similiarities in design, features, size, and assemblies.

Of the two Bigfoots, one was destroyed, one may still exist (in storage the last time I saw it), or owned by someone, and five original plexi backglasses remain I know.

#200 6 years ago

when I first read about Bigfoot a few years back I laughed out loud reading it shook itself apart

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for/page/4?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.