Topic Stats

• 352 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by littlecammi
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 101 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140255 (resized).jpg
SMALL-Gas-Attack-2 (resized).jpg
7C709F38-2E3E-4C78-8796-416C6B508BEE (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180925_163802 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180925_163506 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180925_163702 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180925_163309 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180925-014327 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180925-014339 (resized).png
C1A09F06-69D4-41C2-A301-211539C2490D (resized).jpeg
523F7EDC-4D68-41FE-B322-3AF6FF35812A (resized).jpeg

There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That would be most excellent of you to do that, if nothing else but for the preservation of them. Also, is there any known video of the game in action? I think a lot of us would like to see how it plays and sounds.

I will have to look if I still have the videos of me playing it

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure Punk fits into ultra rare? maybe not super duper rare, but rare none the less...
I mean, I have been wanting to play one for 7 years and have not even seen one to play.

This photo was taken on location at Game Galaxy in Smyrna, TN. I saw them this weekend. Punk could use some TLC, but it's there and the only one I've ever seen. This is in the Gottlieb isle along with Rocky and Pink Panther, as well as the common Gottliebs.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

And before somebody mentions Log Cabin...I'm sorry but that to me is a trade stimulator Whiffle and the slew of early pins that followed are machines they take 5¢ and two men to move lol.

Log Cabin is a good contender for 1st coin-operated pinball game. There was one called "Coin Board Game" that was patented before Log Cabin, but no known examples exist. It's hard to say if that one was ever actually made.

There is a picture of Log Cabin in a bar, circa 1902, in Bueschel's book. It's a tad bigger than most people think. The Caille brothers made a ton of them. You see one pop up for auction from time to time. Someday I'd like to get my hands on one.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

understanding that it was not popular in US and most went overseas

Pinballs sent overseas (i.e., in Europe) do not vanish.

Quoted from Whysnow:

understanding that most GTB of this era did not survive overseas

You found GTB mass graves in Europe?

Opinions are not facts.
Your 40/1000 figure is unverified and unverifiable.

Punk is rare here but not super rare. I played at least two different Punk games during pin shows these last years in France, plus one for sale.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

"Super rare" is subjective I think. Look at the Charlies Angels, with 350 em's made which is not super rare but try and find one....
John

You find a lot down here in Brazil....

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5883&picno=54750&zoom=1
http://www.ipdb.org/glossary.php#Gottlieb_Made_In_Brazil

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Opinions are not facts.

yeah... um...

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would predict

that is pretty clear I was not stating it as fact.

However, if you want to be pedantic about it then feel free.

Reality is that very few Punks remain and using comparable data of the various databases of publically listed colelctions it is rare among the rare.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

You found GTB mass graves in Europe?
Opinions are not facts.

Too bad I can't upvote your post more than once!

Some americans just can't accept the fact that they are not alone in the universe...

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Some americans just can't accept the fact that they are not alone in the universe...

one of you guys sitting on a boat load of Punks overseas should pile them up and ship them out. I bet you could make some nice cash. Probably pretty easy to sell at least 5 with little effort.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

It was shown in this video at the 1998 pinball expo!
» YouTube video

Good thing they scrapped this. Looks like a total PITA. How the hell would glass even go over the PF? Amazing it got as far as it did. It makes me angry just looking at it because it is so stupid from an engineering standpoint.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Good thing they scrapped this. Looks like a total PITA. How the hell would glass even go over the PF? Amazing it got as far as it did. It makes me angry just looking at it because it is so stupid from an engineering standpoint.

I'm sure a lot of goofy ideas were scrapped over the years. But, it's still an interesting game to look at just because it's an outside-the-box game format.

Big Foot was probably scrapped at some point because of its unmanageable size. I'm surprised at the number of Hercules pins that have survived.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

one of you guys sitting on a boat load of Punks overseas should pile them up and ship them out. I bet you could make some nice cash. Probably pretty easy to sell at least 5 with little effort.

No, we won't. And we already got plenty of cash also, thanks.

#113 1 year ago

Williams U.S. Savings Bonds Pinball

Apple Jacks Bally widebody possibly?

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/index.php?c=2713

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

"Super rare" is subjective I think. Look at the Charlies Angels, with 350 em's made which is not super rare but try and find one....
John

I know of one stuffed into a garage alongside an EM Sinbad

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I wouldn't call either of those "super rare".

I have never seen a Punk in the 10 years I’ve been in the hobby. They are definitely not in the U.S

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Spirit is the best!

The multiball is absolutely insane, the displays get possessed haha. EPIC

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Just trying to keep this thread pure. Most of the games posted here are either one-offs or had runs of about 20 or less. The "Super Rare" as noted in the thread title. Punk had a run of almost 1000. Spirit over 1200. There are plenty of threads here dedicated to low run and scarce games. Just my opinion.

I have a couple of games that would fall in the 20 or less category.

#118 1 year ago

Hey what about Warlok? That is one mean Machine

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Looks cool to me. Would love to have been able to play it.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from thedefog:

How can you say that? There are a ton of shots to make on that game...

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

How can you say that? There are a ton of shots to make on that game...

I like to imagine that one flipper on the upper playfield is controlled by each player. Cool semi-split-flipper action. Seems like a cooperative game could have some cool rules

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Please keep your offensive stereotypical prejudice comments to yourself.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Please keep your offensive stereotypical prejudice comments to yourself.

Watch out PC police have arrived.
Also relax if you read what he wrote he wrote "some" Americans so if even 2 think that then he's correct.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

IMG_0377 (resized).JPG

#125 1 year ago

super rare
only one known to exist
alive and well in the vast Peck collection in Long Beach.
Bally's EM Star Trek variant prior to solid state SuperSonic version.
Played it and liked it a lot.

pasted_image (resized).png

#126 1 year ago

They made 6 of these beasts ......

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2529

This was an oversized game with 36 bumpers and no flippers. Backglass showed bulb scoring up to ten million points and also had a "One Billion" light. A center playfield bumper scored one billion when lit, suggesting that a final backglass score could exceed one billion points. The wooden legs are extremely long, and even adult players had to stand on boxes to play.
'The Time of Your Life' was a James Cagney movie of 1948 based on William Saroyan's 1939 play. This pinball machine was made as part of a cancer fundraising project by the industry. It was set up in theater lobbies where the movie was playing.

images (resized).jpg

image-3 (resized).jpg
image-1 (resized).jpg

#127 1 year ago

One of 5 prototypes. Believed to be only one in usa. Heard there's one more in Belgium.

IMAG2778 (resized).jpg

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Watch out PC police have arrived.
Also relax if you read what he wrote he wrote "some" Americans so if even 2 think that then he's correct.

I guess you could say that some people of every country think that they are alone in the Universe. The point was that he correlated it to a specific group of people, Americans in this instance. But you go ahead and stick up for his stereotyping comment with your nonsensical argument. His comment was directed at a specific Pinsider not some random Americans.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonp:

They made 6 of these beasts ......
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2529
This was an oversized game with 36 bumpers and no flippers. Backglass showed bulb scoring up to ten million points and also had a "One Billion" light. A center playfield bumper scored one billion when lit, suggesting that a final backglass score could exceed one billion points. The wooden legs are extremely long, and even adult players had to stand on boxes to play.
'The Time of Your Life' was a James Cagney movie of 1948 based on William Saroyan's 1939 play. This pinball machine was made as part of a cancer fundraising project by the industry. It was set up in theater lobbies where the movie was playing.

Do any of these still survive?

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

His comment was directed at a specific Pinsider not some random Americans.

and it was offensive and stupid also.

Just because he does not like my prediction gives him no right to assert such a generalization that is blatantly wrong.

#131 1 year ago

Let's not pull this thread off-topic please. I've otherwise found it fun and interesting.

#132 1 year ago

Does 55 count as super rare? i have a weird compulsion to own one of these
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3069

sadly I found a backglass in europe so someone obviously parted one out.. there is 54 at most now

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

One of 5 prototypes. Believed to be only one in usa. Heard there's one more in Belgium.

Nice ! But are you sure yours is a prototype ? How did you get it ?

I also had one a long time ago, see http://www.flippers.be/mini_pinball.html
As far as I know they were produced to be put in carnivals.
Don't know how many were made, probably a few 100..
There's certainly more than one in Belgium, I know 3 in Belgium and one in Germany..
It's even possible the local distributor still has a few NOS for sale..

#134 1 year ago

My lineup a few weeks ago (ST is now gone, replaced by a Zaccaria Blackbelt).
Sonic Mars Trek is uncommon here, even if I live close to Spain.
I doubt you'll see Nemo and Wooly side by side anywhere else.

IMG_7177 (resized).JPG

#135 1 year ago

One of the best threads on Pinside at the moment. Thanks to everyone for posting photos and discussions around these rare pins!

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Punk is rare here but not super rare. I played at least two different Punk games during pin shows these last years in France, plus one for sale.

Same for me, I've played Punk at different exhibitions. By the way, just last weekend, there was one at the RETROPLAY festival (next to a Devil's Dare).

If we say that Punk is super rare, in this case we could say the same for the Black Hole US (with animated backglass/voices) which has not (or very little - yes, yes, I have the proof ) been imported to Europe. Obviously, this is false, the BH US is not super rare ... except in Europe.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from noflip95:

Same for me, I've played Punk at different exhibitions. By the way, just last weekend, there was one at the RETROPLAY festival (next to a Devil's Dare).
If we say that Punk is super rare, in this case we could say the same for the Black Hole US (with animated backglass/voices) which has not (or very little - yes, yes, I have the proof ) been imported to Europe. Obviously, this is false, the BH US is not super rare ... except in Europe.

my appologies. I did not realize Punk was so common in EU and outside of US in general (predictions are only as good as the data they use and it appears my data is far from complete). If anyone can locate a nice one for a reasonable price I would be happy to toss you a finders fee for assistance in getting it to the US.

PM for discussion please.

I could also assist with location of a pin stateside to return the favor for the help.

#138 1 year ago

Apple Time: ThunderMan. Not a mainstream game but still extremely uncommon. Only know of 3 in collectors hands.

IMG_0053 (resized).JPG

#139 1 year ago

looks like a cool game. Any idea if it is based on something else? I know many times these oddball ones are borrowed form other designs

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Apple Time: ThunderMan. Not a mainstream game but still extremely uncommon. Only know of 3 in collectors hands.

Played it at the VFW. Kinda "meh". I mean, I love all the rare games for what they are but most of them aren't great players.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like a cool game. Any idea if it is based on something else? I know many times these oddball ones are borrowed form other designs

The boards are Zaccaria, the mechs are Gottlieb.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4666

The layout looks pretty similar to Bounty Hunter: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=361&picno=10273

#142 1 year ago

Anyone knows how rare are Taito games outside Brazil? I would love to play / own a Mister Black (remake of Williams Defender) but I never saw one in Europe.

#143 1 year ago

Very, very rare. Someone was working on a bulk buy group for them but I didn't hear anything more. The Brazilians don't seem keen on selling!

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

super rare
only one known to exist
alive and well in the vast Peck collection in Long Beach.

We're ridiculously spoiled in SoCal when it comes to amazing private collections. Randy, Steve, and of course what John has put together in Banning alone is something else, and that's just the more prominent stuff.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Very, very rare. Someone was working on a bulk buy group for them but I didn't hear anything more. The Brazilians don't seem keen on selling!

Yep, very rare. I posted a thread about them a while back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-pinball-machines-a-standard-body-version-of-flight-2000

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like it's based on Escape from New York possibly? Snake Blisken? The guy on the backglass has a likeness to Kurt Russell, and even has a snake tattooed on his left arm.

#147 1 year ago

I had a want ad for one of these before that was up for quite some time...but no luck. I still want one really bad. When I posted the ad, even tigerlaw had to add it to the database on here. Only 10 made. (Photos courtesy of IPDB)

Nos 1 (resized).jpg

Nos 3 (resized).jpg

Nos 2 (resized).jpg

#148 1 year ago

That guy needs to get to a proctologist stat!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside