IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 6 years ago

The add a ball version of the 1956 GTB CLASSY BOWLER has never surfaced.. I own the WORLD CHAMP and have been in contact with the DANCING DOLLS owner but the whereabouts of Classy Bowler remains a mystery

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Where is the other Atari Roadrunner and 4x4?
One of each at PHOF in Vegas, but the other.
Anyone?

There is a prolific Atari collector in the California area that owns the other two I believe, as well as the Atari Pipeline backglass. His first name is Dale. He is a regular at CAX show.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

There is a prolific Atari collector in the California area that owns the other two I believe, as well as the Atari Pipeline backglass. His first name is Dale. He is a regular at CAX show.

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

#54 6 years ago

I know where the only wrecking ball that ever made resides. It's not far from me in a private collection. Hand made by pat lawlor him self, and custom made roms. Some day I'll get those roms released to the public, would work inside any banzai run

#55 6 years ago

I'll tell you this tale the controversial contender in 1931 for the 1st coin-op pinball machine is named Whoopee by the Out-Door Games Company and this is the ONLY picture I've ever seen of it, on the right page. I believe they had their few prototypes out on location first, but Automatic Industries actually made the first 10 Whiffle production games and had them out on location first! The story of these two companies and their battle to be first are told and shown in Steve Bushnell's pinball book vol 1 a fantastic read!

5905063fc0d5c82830437cc9bc0bc0cbe787ab5c.jpg5905063fc0d5c82830437cc9bc0bc0cbe787ab5c.jpg
740e9e55e2d809b5786761314e8a2828d04d104b.jpg740e9e55e2d809b5786761314e8a2828d04d104b.jpg

#56 6 years ago

And before somebody mentions Log Cabin...I'm sorry but that to me is a trade stimulator Whiffle and the slew of early pins that followed are machines they take 5¢ and two men to move lol.

12244758_1.jpg12244758_1.jpg

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

#57 6 years ago

The three custom Williams pins made for the 1979 pinball movie TILT with Brooke Shields are owned by the creator Michael Sehnert, Cosmic Venus, Astrologic and Tilt. They are literally 1 of 1, oh and that dance by the Boss Hog like bar owner lol

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Michael+Sehnert&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg
image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg
image-12.jpgimage-12.jpg

#58 6 years ago

Goin ' Nuts. 10?

#59 6 years ago

Getting permission from the wife to purchase another pin is the rarest of rare hehe! And if i do i hope I'm accounted for

#60 6 years ago

Rumor has it they made one or two prototypes for Hypnox. Supposedly a really fun game.

1914E7AB-8738-4B8D-8324-00F8FFE1BBC9 (resized).jpeg1914E7AB-8738-4B8D-8324-00F8FFE1BBC9 (resized).jpeg

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A BBB and kingpin were lost in a fire. I can't remember if the count of surviving kingpins is 10 down to 9 or 9 down to 8. Ipdb say 9 confirmed, but I'm not sure if that was pre or post fire.

Or 8 back to 9 !! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-big-city-kid

#62 6 years ago

There was a Krull in NY about 3-4 years ago. Offered to me for $22k. Had nowhere near that kind of money but it was 100% legit. Don’t know what happened to it after I couldn’t get it.

#63 6 years ago

Wheel of Fortune with the final rom software. Supposedly there are a few in the wild. I wish someone would dump them.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheel of Fortune with the final rom software. Supposedly there are a few in the wild. I wish someone would dump them.

Really?

#65 6 years ago

"Really" there's software out there that's more complete than the official release, or "really" I'd like to see it?

Yes to both. I'd like to see how much is actually done compared to the official release.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Really" there's software out there that's more complete than the official release, or "really" I'd like to see it?
Yes to both. I'd like to see how much is actually done compared to the official release.

Theres more complete software out there that isnt released? Y ?

#67 6 years ago

I too have seen a third variant of Addams. The third is just the last run after gold to fill final orders. It has a different hue of gold and purple on the cabinet, gold playfield, can't remember on the pops and bookcase if they are gold. The one I have seen is a German reimport. I still know where it is to this day.

I think they made around 100 like this.

Mike

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres more complete software out there that isnt released? Y ?

Maybe it was put on the last few machines sent out? Or maybe out for location testing (back when Stern actually DID location testing)? Dunno. But it's out there...somewhere, on more than one machine. All the WoF could benefit if only one could be found and dumped.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Rumor has it they made one or two prototypes for Hypnox. Supposedly a really fun game.

That is amazing artwork

#70 6 years ago

I've had a Congo conversion in a Jackbot cabinet.... The kit ran on wpc-S hardware and was a drop in pf/translite/rom change for any wpc-S game. I read they made 400 of the kit, and most went overseas.

I've also owned a wpc-95 Jackbot.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#71 6 years ago

Well, as long as we're diving into some of the not-so-well-known rare pins, I have an Allied Leisure Super Picker. Full size pinball machine featuring Roy Clark--not the common cocktail game "the entertainer".

There was a 2-player version and a 4-player version. I have the 4 player version, but haven't found any photos of it. There is a promo photo of Roy Clark standing next to the 2-player version, but that's the only photo of it that I've seen so far.

From what I've been able to tell, the games were made in anticipation of the continuation of an agreement with Roy Clark and Fascination / Allied Leisure, but that agreement dissolved before the game went into full production, and Allied Leisure later re-themed the game into Hoe Down--a generic western musical theme with all Roy Clark references removed.

Other than that, I have not been able to dig up any other info, or find anyone else who owns a Super Picker, either the 2-player or 4-player game.

I would be very surprised to find if I ended up with the only one, but I've come up empty between all the research I've done and all the other collectors I've talked to.

The game's previous owner said they had won it in some sort of contest sometime in the early 80s and owned it since then. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any more info than that into the game's history.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6315
http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2013/09/centuriallied-leisure-annual-report_10.html
http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-ultimate-so-far-history-of-allied_8.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Really" there's software out there that's more complete than the official release,

Keefer posted in the past. A tournament thing or something, not much to it. It's here on Pinside. Nothing earth shattering or special.

Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I too have seen a third variant of Addams.

Every Addams after it broke the record for games built got the gold cabinet. Which is what you saw. These were before the Addams gold.

LTG : )

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Keefer posted in the past. A tournament thing or something, not much to it. It's here on Pinside. Nothing earth shattering or special.

Found the information. The version we're talking about is 6.02, which is different than the tournament one. At least now we know the version number we're looking for...

Keith's quote:
"I released a version of software, “6.00I” (for IFPA, I don’t remember what tournament it was for) or some such, that basically added some competition mode stuff (derandomized wild card and big spin). Those are the ONLY changes from 5.00 which is the last public release I did while at Stern. 6.00I was circulated a fair amount amongst tournament types, mostly those running tournaments. (I didn’t/don’t care.)

While doing crapwork on other games (like IJ4 and CSI) I had time to add some of the stuff I wanted to on WOF. Many bugs got fixed. Probably more speech. I gave a test version to 1 person that I trust unconditionally. I don’t remember what version I called it, but I don’t think it was 6.02. I don’t remember for sure, though. I’m not sure if he still has his WOF or not, but I doubt it’s this game.

As someone stated, the main gameplay change that is noticeable is that there are “mode goals.” The goal is simply to score x points before time runs out. If you get the goal, you won, great. The next mode, the goal would be higher. If you didn’t win, oh well, the next mode, the goal would be lower. Also, you could replay the mode you failed, at 2x points. If you failed the same mode twice, you could play it a 3rd time for 3x points. If you failed 3 times, the game gave up. Oh, also for each mode you won, you got a “winnings x” for that ball’s bonus.

IIRC there’s no logic for completing the wheel yet, but the reward was going to be something like 10M for each mode won on try #1, 5M for each on try #2, 2.5M for each on try #3, and 1M for failed modes. If by some unfathomable stroke of luck you completed every mode on the first try, you’d get a bonus to round up the total to 100M.

And that’s pretty much it. Oh yeah, puzzle solutions in attract mode, too. No one other than my tester and myself had seen the code until (I think) expo 2010. Trent wanted 6.0 for the expo tourney. For some unknown reason, I was contacted by Stern asking where 6.0 code was, 2 years after I had been laid off and several months after I had been left out to dry on a possible rehire. I said something to the effect of I have [no fucking idea], look on my computer. I guess instead of finding the 6.00I version that had been around for a couple of years, they decided to compile whatever I had done and left sitting on my computer (since I wasn’t allowed to check in any changes after getting the boot) and release that.

So, the existence of 6.02 is solely due to Stern, and not due to me. I still do not have a copy of 6.02; my game runs 5.00. I have no way of making or creating any version of WOF. Stern released it to Trent, and whatever happened after that is between Stern and everyone else, not me. Other than having done the work on it while I was still there, I have absolutely no connection to the released image of 6.02.

If anyone cares, no, [I don’t give a fuck] if 6.02 gets passed around or not. Maybe Stern does and maybe they don’t; you’d have to ask them"

#74 6 years ago

LTG.... How many of the third Addams are out there, do you think?

Mike

#75 6 years ago

That place looks amazing!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, as long as we're diving into some of the not-so-well-known rare pins, I have an Allied Leisure Super Picker. Full size pinball machine featuring Roy Clark--not the common cocktail game "the entertainer".
There was a 2-player version and a 4-player version. I have the 4 player version. There is a promo photo of Roy Clark standing next to the 2-player version, but that's the only photo of it that I've seen so far.
From what I've been able to tell, the games were made in anticipation of the continuation of an agreement with Roy Clark and Fascination / Allied Leisure, but that agreement dissolved before the game went into full production, and Allied Leisure later re-themed the game into Hoe Down--a generic western musical theme with all Roy Clark references removed.
Other than that, I have not been able to dig up any other info, or find anyone else who owns a Super Picker, either the 2-player or 4-player game.
I would be very surprised to find if I ended up with the only one, but I've come up empty between all the research I've done and all the other collectors I've talked to.
The game's previous owner said they had won it in some sort of contest sometime in the early 80s and owned it since then. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any more info than that into the game's history.

It may be worth it to try and contact his family on Facebook or something, considering the how many cocktails made it out there I'm willing to bet a family member has some interesting pinball files over the negotiations or something dude!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Found the information. The version we're talking about is 6.02, which is different than the tournament one. At least now we know the version number we're looking for...
Keith's quote:
"I released a version of software, “6.00I” (for IFPA, I don’t remember what tournament it was for) or some such, that basically added some competition mode stuff (derandomized wild card and big spin). Those are the ONLY changes from 5.00 which is the last public release I did while at Stern. 6.00I was circulated a fair amount amongst tournament types, mostly those running tournaments. (I didn’t/don’t care.)
While doing crapwork on other games (like IJ4 and CSI) I had time to add some of the stuff I wanted to on WOF. Many bugs got fixed. Probably more speech. I gave a test version to 1 person that I trust unconditionally. I don’t remember what version I called it, but I don’t think it was 6.02. I don’t remember for sure, though. I’m not sure if he still has his WOF or not, but I doubt it’s this game.
As someone stated, the main gameplay change that is noticeable is that there are “mode goals.” The goal is simply to score x points before time runs out. If you get the goal, you won, great. The next mode, the goal would be higher. If you didn’t win, oh well, the next mode, the goal would be lower. Also, you could replay the mode you failed, at 2x points. If you failed the same mode twice, you could play it a 3rd time for 3x points. If you failed 3 times, the game gave up. Oh, also for each mode you won, you got a “winnings x” for that ball’s bonus.
IIRC there’s no logic for completing the wheel yet, but the reward was going to be something like 10M for each mode won on try #1, 5M for each on try #2, 2.5M for each on try #3, and 1M for failed modes. If by some unfathomable stroke of luck you completed every mode on the first try, you’d get a bonus to round up the total to 100M.
And that’s pretty much it. Oh yeah, puzzle solutions in attract mode, too. No one other than my tester and myself had seen the code until (I think) expo 2010. Trent wanted 6.0 for the expo tourney. For some unknown reason, I was contacted by Stern asking where 6.0 code was, 2 years after I had been laid off and several months after I had been left out to dry on a possible rehire. I said something to the effect of I have [no fucking idea], look on my computer. I guess instead of finding the 6.00I version that had been around for a couple of years, they decided to compile whatever I had done and left sitting on my computer (since I wasn’t allowed to check in any changes after getting the boot) and release that.
So, the existence of 6.02 is solely due to Stern, and not due to me. I still do not have a copy of 6.02; my game runs 5.00. I have no way of making or creating any version of WOF. Stern released it to Trent, and whatever happened after that is between Stern and everyone else, not me. Other than having done the work on it while I was still there, I have absolutely no connection to the released image of 6.02.
If anyone cares, no, [I don’t give a fuck] if 6.02 gets passed around or not. Maybe Stern does and maybe they don’t; you’d have to ask them"

Im pretty sure there was a WOF in San Jose for sale a few months ago that had this code on it.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Im pretty sure there was a WOF in San Jose for sale a few months ago that had this code on it.

Pinside or Craigslist?

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

What about the other Pinball Circus? One is at the Hall of Fame did the other one surface?

I've heard (only rumors) it's owned by Martin Wiest ?

#80 6 years ago

I want the proto roms from Data East starwars with the video mode.
Seen a video on YouTube.
Who has them ?.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinside or Craigslist?

Craigslist

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I've heard (only rumors) it's owned by Martin Wiest ?

Neil Nicastro has it.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One alive and well in SoCal, I can tell you that.

Wow that is one beautiful machine

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I'd be curious to know if all the Krull's have been accounted for. That movie was so craptacular I'd love the chance to play a game or two.

Quoted from Aurich:

One alive and well in SoCal, I can tell you that.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have an understanding that there is a krull in Texas east of Fort Worth

I can confirm that there is at least one Krull somewhere in France and in the same series, there is a Goin's Nuts (also, only 10 produced) at the same location.

Sometimes there are surprises in the show/exhibitions : in 2011 at Vierzon, a BBB was present ! and a #500 Hulk (SYSTEM 80 prototype) was playable at the Flip-Expo in 2014.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from noflip95:

and a #500 Hulk (SYSTEM 80 prototype) was playable at the Flip-Expo in 2014.

A system 80 Hulk surfaced on TNT's youtube channel a while back (can't seem to locate the video right now), as well as a system 80B Jacks to Open prototype.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Every Addams after it broke the record for games built got the gold cabinet. Which is what you saw. These were before the Addams gold.

Maybe he saw one of the frankensteined ones that was part original/part TAFG parts?

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe he saw one of the frankensteined ones that was part original/part TAFG parts?

Possible. Many "fake" TAFG's were trying to be sold back before it was easy to get accurate info about them.

#88 6 years ago

I sold my System 80 Hulk to Steve Charland years ago for $1200.

#89 6 years ago

My favorites!

A29CA6A0-1CC2-4E85-B106-9E62D080799D (resized).jpegA29CA6A0-1CC2-4E85-B106-9E62D080799D (resized).jpeg

#90 6 years ago

I wouldn't call either of those "super rare".

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Some day I'll get those roms released to the public, would work inside any banzai run

That would be most excellent of you to do that, if nothing else but for the preservation of them. Also, is there any known video of the game in action? I think a lot of us would like to see how it plays and sounds.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Todd you're here...you're everywhere lol Surely you must have seen some rare pins in your day???

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I wouldn't call either of those "super rare".

pretty sure Punk fits into ultra rare? maybe not super duper rare, but rare none the less...

I mean, I have been wanting to play one for 7 years and have not even seen one to play.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

@toddtuckey, Do you still have your system 80 Hulk video up on youtube? I remember watching it a while back, but couldn't seem to find it when I was rummaging around on your channel for it.

#95 6 years ago

Spirit is the best!

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure Punk fits into ultra rare? maybe not super duper rare, but rare none the less...
I mean, I have been wanting to play one for 7 years and have not even seen one to play.

Just trying to keep this thread pure. Most of the games posted here are either one-offs or had runs of about 20 or less. The "Super Rare" as noted in the thread title. Punk had a run of almost 1000. Spirit over 1200. There are plenty of threads here dedicated to low run and scarce games. Just my opinion.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There was a 2-player version and a 4-player version. I have the 4 player version, but haven't found any photos of it. There is a promo photo of Roy Clark standing next to the 2-player version, but that's the only photo of it that I've seen so far.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6315
http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2013/09/centuriallied-leisure-annual-report_10.html
http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-ultimate-so-far-history-of-allied_8.html

Roy is still with us as well, 84 years. The dude is a banjo playing beast.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Just trying to keep this thread pure. Most of the games posted here are either one-offs or had runs of about 20 or less. The "Super Rare" as noted in the thread title. Punk had a run of almost 1000. Spirit over 1200. There are plenty of threads here dedicated to low run and scarce games. Just my opinion.

I would predict less than 40 punks are still in existance. It is really rare. For sure there are fewer than BBB or some of the other "rare" games listed here.

Spirit is probably closer to 300 still around. Agreed that it is not really rare.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would predict less than 40 punks are still in existance. It is really rare. For sure there are fewer than BBB or some of the other "rare" games listed here.
Spirit is probably closer to 300 still around. Agreed that it is not really rare.

How do you figure that there are less than 5% of the punks left?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

How do you figure that there are less than 5% of the punks left?

observation over time>>

# accounted for on pinside, pinball database, talking with other rare/super rare collectors over time and that have been in the hobby for decades, talking with operators over time, understanding that it was not popular in US and most went overseas, understanding that most GTB of this era did not survive overseas or make it back alive in containers, understanding that these likely went into some rougher locations based on theme alone.

It really comes down to unpopular games from the 70s and 80s that had a larger % go over seas, means even fewer alive today. US collectors drive the collector market and when they did not even know of the game then they did not bring them back.

Keep in mind that some older collectors have also said this was a time when companies were lying about produciton numbers to make things seem better than they really were. They wanted operators to think there would be parts and the company was stable.

Gameplan supposedly did this also in the early 80s when things were rough before the end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for/page/2?hl=mattmarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.