IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0870 (resized).JPG
122B4731-03FE-4964-9F32-266C3D35004D (resized).jpeg
513A39ED-0E18-4B04-B4B8-59AE4458B02A (resized).jpeg
53297013_2018637224900977_3047715063893852160_n (resized).jpg
Charlies angeles show model (resized).jpg
IMG_20171110_203829 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_140304 (resized).jpg

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 6 years ago

Was just thinking about this tonight. Are all super rare games accounted for? Like all 9 kingpins, all 13 original BBBs, the 2 Bigfoot’s, the one Loch Ness monster? Or are some of these games potentially out there somewhere waiting to be found again?

#2 6 years ago

We thought all of the Kings Kong were accounted for, but some noob just happened to stumble upon a a previously unaccounted one. He then posted a description on Pinside, then said he sold it, then said it was going into his private collection and that he was prohibited from posting pictures of it.

Crazy story, but it's all true!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

We thought all of the Kings Kong were accounted for, but some noob just happened to stumble upon a a previously unaccounted one. He then posted a description on Pinside, then said he sold it, then said it was going into his private collection and that he was prohibited from posting pictures of it.

Wow, must have missed this one! I’m not on as much as I used to be with a different work schedule. Have a link to this thread easily available?

#4 6 years ago

Good question . I would like to know where Ritchie rich is !

#5 6 years ago

I have one of the Fish Tales...

#6 6 years ago

Michael jordan’s —2?
And that one commissioned for that rich dude, blanking on his name??
At least a few others.. what about old white woods- gotta be a few hanging around

#7 6 years ago

Aaron spelling

Quoted from Mbecker:Michael jordan’s —2?
And that one commissioned for that rich dude, blanking on his name??
At least a few others.. what about old white woods- gotta be a few hanging around

#8 6 years ago

Probably depends on the era

Seeing the never produced Whitewood makes me wonder how many more games got closed to production after the art was done

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Was just thinking about this tonight. Are all super rare games accounted for? Like all 9 kingpins, all 13 original BBBs, the 2 Bigfoot’s, the one Loch Ness monster? Or are some of these games potentially out there somewhere waiting to be found again?

Kingpin #8 surfaced in the last year or two...there was a thread with lots of good photos of it.

A BBB and kingpin were lost in a fire. I can't remember if the count of surviving kingpins is 10 down to 9 or 9 down to 8. Ipdb say 9 confirmed, but I'm not sure if that was pre or post fire.

The big foots were likely dismantled, though a few extra backglasses have surfaced. A few photos and some video footage survived.

Someone posted a nice set of photos in the last year or two of loch ness.

The king kongs were more or less all accounted for, and the story about the undiscovered one was never substanciated.

The original bbb's were pretty much all accounted for.

The DE Michael Jackson pin was listed on ebay a few times, but the owner either didn't actually have it or was incredibly eccentric and wouldn't let anyone see it.

Moat of the time, rare games like this don't often get listed for public sale, and generally either stay in collections long-term or change hands privately.

#10 6 years ago

Magic Clock and Pinky, all present and accounted for.

#11 6 years ago

I've actually played 3 different Adam Families

#12 6 years ago

Who has the DE Mad Magazine stuff?

#13 6 years ago

How about the solid state Boomerang?

I encourage the pinball community to help me find this game. It is known to be made, and known to exist. Patent documents on IPDB confirm it's existence. As the restorer of the only Solid State Flicker, I am hoping someone will come forward. I'm trying my best to recreate the game, but an original (or photos of) would really put this project into overdrive.

John

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Wow, must have missed this one! I’m not on as much as I used to be with a different work schedule. Have a link to this thread easily available?

It's one hell of a story, but at least he substantiated it by posting a pic of a Bally Star Trek:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-valuable-restored-or-left-as-is

And some follow-up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/knockout-of-a-deal

And then there were some angry PMs he sent me, but I'll save those for now. Basically he claimed to have shipped it to Ohio despite the buyer not paying in full. Then he repo'd it and sold it to someone else, all without taking a single picture of the game.

#15 6 years ago

Total Recal. One was made. Where is it?
IMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2876 (resized).JPGIMG_2876 (resized).JPGIMG_2877 (resized).JPGIMG_2877 (resized).JPG

#16 6 years ago

what a ugly Arnold face, don't think it got permission from him.
Looks like he is on a diad.

#17 6 years ago

I'd be curious to know if all the Krull's have been accounted for. That movie was so craptacular I'd love the chance to play a game or two.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The DE Michael Jackson pin was listed on ebay a few times, but the owner either didn't actually have it or was incredibly eccentric and wouldn't let anyone see it..

My mate bought one from the states with about 10 games on it, LW3 layout with different artwork and sound.

#19 6 years ago

Wizard Blocks

Operation Desert Storm

#20 6 years ago

Frontgate has a Michael Jordan in stock if it takes anyone's fancy. With their current Autumn sale of 25% off and free shipping it would have to be a bargain at $67000.

https://www.frontgate.com/ProductSearch2#?p=Q&lbc=frontgate&uid=968445149&ts=ajax&w=pinball&method=and&view=grid&af=&isort=price+rev

Great sales pitch - "one of a kind."

Then further down....

"one of seven."

#21 6 years ago

Total Recall is a bit of a mystery but from what I've heard, it was pitched. Not even sure if it was ever flipping.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Kingpin #8 surfaced in the last year or two...there was a thread with lots of good photos of it.

Kingpin - now there is a theme I could go for, but would need to be based upon the Woody Harrelson/Bill Murray/Randy Quaid movie! I don't know why I have to stop down and watch it every time I come across if flipping channels, but always cracks me up. Just hope that I never get Munsoned when it comes to pinball!

#23 6 years ago

I absolutely cringe at the thought of having to move or service that total recal pin.

#24 6 years ago

Did you know the Aaaron Spelling ROMs have been dumped to IPDB? I burned them and plan on trying it in my Lethal Weapon 3 someday.

#25 6 years ago

In 2008 I sold some zaccarias to a high end collector. He told me he bought Ritchie Rich and was going to put it in his Mahattan Office. I never heard from the guy again but I thought it was cool at the time.

Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Good question . I would like to know where Ritchie rich is !

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did you know the Aaaron Spelling ROMs have been dumped to IPDB? I burned them and plan on trying it in my Lethal Weapon 3 someday.

Hit stand up " I love you daddy"
Hit stand up again " I love you daddy"
Ugh...

#27 6 years ago

Ive always liked the art of Kabuki. Only 2 made - 1 for the former Chairmen of Namco. Uses The Who's layout.

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg
image-3 (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpg
image-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpg
image-28 (resized).jpgimage-28 (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It's one hell of a story, but at least he substantiated it by posting a pic of a Bally Star Trek:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-valuable-restored-or-left-as-is
And some follow-up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/knockout-of-a-deal
And then there were some angry PMs he sent me, but I'll save those for now. Basically he claimed to have shipped it to Ohio despite the buyer not paying in full. Then he repo'd it and sold it to someone else, all without taking a single picture of the game.

King Kong is still on his collection history of games owned in the past...

#29 6 years ago

I dumped Michael Jordan roms earlier this year.
I submitted them to John Wart in case anyone wants them.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

How did they stop at two players for Total Recall when they easily could have went with three in honor of arguably the most lasting legacy of the movie?!?

three_is_a_magic_number (resized).pngthree_is_a_magic_number (resized).png

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I'd be curious to know if all the Krull's have been accounted for. That movie was so craptacular I'd love the chance to play a game or two.

One alive and well in SoCal, I can tell you that. IMG_6028 (resized).JPGIMG_6028 (resized).JPG

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

I would like to know where Ritchie rich is !

I think John Dayhuff had that for a while. He may know where it went.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

In 2008 I sold some zaccarias to a high end collector. He told me he bought Ritchie Rich and was going to put it in his Mahattan Office. I never heard from the guy again but I thought it was cool at the time.

That's awesome ! I think there was only one made and it's blinged right out !!

#34 6 years ago

What about the other Pinball Circus? One is at the Hall of Fame did the other one surface?

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

What about the other Pinball Circus? One is at the Hall of Fame did the other one surface?

Owned by Neil Nicastro. The one that went to Germany disappeared.

I don't think we'll ever know how many Capcom Big Bang Bars or Kingpins exist. I've heard too many different numbers from those involved. Best I've found is 9 BBB's and 8 KP's. Including one of each lost in a fire.

LTG : )

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I think you were the guy that I worked with at expo one year when that game was there... They were not previously available until I carefully removed them, then you read them and I even more crefullly placed than back in the game at Chicago expo one year... I was really nervous about the game starting back up but it all went great if I remember correctly.

#37 6 years ago

Wasn't me, but a really interesting way to find out how they ended up on IPDB.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One alive and well in SoCal, I can tell you that.

I have an understanding that there is a krull in Texas east of Fort Worth

#40 6 years ago

I dare say I must be the owner of a super rare pinball myself. I am currently the only pinsider listing CB Charlie in their collection.

CB Charlie 4 (resized).jpgCB Charlie 4 (resized).jpg
CB Charlie 5 (resized).jpgCB Charlie 5 (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1508538516097 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1508538516097 (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago

I often wonder about Gottlieb Wizard (http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2802).

The owner name on IPDB is the same owner name which accompanies photos I have seen of the machine in a couple of books, and it would be interesting to know if any other full Gottlieb Wizard machines exist.

#43 6 years ago

I would love to see these 2 custom pins from Pinball Summer the movie surface someday?

PINBALL-SUMMER-11.jpgPINBALL-SUMMER-11.jpg
vlcsnap-1233-03-20-07h51m52s580.pngvlcsnap-1233-03-20-07h51m52s580.png
vlcsnap-3434-03-26-05h12m56s151.pngvlcsnap-3434-03-26-05h12m56s151.png
vlcsnap-5222-06-28-22h05m46s384.pngvlcsnap-5222-06-28-22h05m46s384.png
vlcsnap-4062-11-22-02h32m49s451.pngvlcsnap-4062-11-22-02h32m49s451.png
vlcsnap-4201-07-15-14h59m23s374.pngvlcsnap-4201-07-15-14h59m23s374.png

pickupsummer_frame02 (resized).jpgpickupsummer_frame02 (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It was shown in this video at the 1998 pinball expo!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One alive and well in SoCal, I can tell you that.

Plus all the rest of the rare stuff as well. Wizard Blocks, Wild Horse Saloon, King Kong, originals of both BBB and Kingpin, Loch Ness Monster, Golden Cue, Zingy Bingy proto by Python Angelo.

Great collection and more than willing to open his house to someone who had travelled halfway around the world to see it.

207568-i (resized).jpg207568-i (resized).jpg

207558-i (resized).jpg207558-i (resized).jpg

207571-i (resized).jpg207571-i (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Plus all the rest of the rare stuff as well. Wizard Blocks, Wild Horse Saloon, King Kong, originals of both BBB and Kingpin, Loch Ness Monster, Golden Cue, Zingy Bingy proto by Python Angelo.
Great collection and more than willing to open his house to someone who had travelled halfway around the world to see it.

Is that the Italian piazza house?

Quoted from gmkalos:

It was shown in this video at the 1998 pinball expo!
» YouTube video

What time?

#47 6 years ago

Where is the other Atari Roadrunner and 4x4?

One of each at PHOF in Vegas, but the other.

Anyone?

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Where is the other Atari Roadrunner and 4x4?
One of each at PHOF in Vegas, but the other.
Anyone?

Dan Kramer used to have both of them at his home in Sunnyvale, Ca but I have not seen him in many years. He worked at Atari for a time. They might even be the games that are at the PHOF.

Edit: Dan also used to have the one and only Atari 'Neutron Star' whitewood that he used to bring to shows.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1664

#50 6 years ago

"Super rare" is subjective I think. Look at the Charlies Angels, with 350 em's made which is not super rare but try and find one....

John

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
BMX
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 45.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-super-rare-pins-accounted-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.