(Topic ID: 271966)

Are All Pinsiders Over 35 and Married? Hell No!

By Origin

45 days ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you want to post acne pictures?”

• Yes 5 votes
      11%
    • No 23 votes
      50%
    • I like trains 18 votes
      39%

(46 votes)

#1 45 days ago

Hi everyone,

So today, I found a peculiarity in the user demographics of Pinside. Most of this is found in the forum BTW.
    I noticed that a lot of Pinsiders mention their husbands/wives or kids in their posts, and they also mention that they do a lot of things not generally associated with the younger guys here.
    Many of these people are in their 40s or 50s, but some are not. I will turn 23 in August, for instance.

Here comes the fun part:
    I am calling ALL PINSIDERS who match with these rules:
    -Born between 1993 and 1999, including both dates.
    -Single or living with partner, NOT married.
    -C̵a̷n̷ ̸s̵h̸o̴w̴ ̸m̵e̶ ̴p̵i̴c̴t̴u̷r̷e̸s̸ ̵o̷f̶ ̴t̵h̸e̴i̸r̴ ̸a̷c̸n̴e̵. (JOKE)

I hope to see some 90s kids having fun!
    -OriginPB

#2 45 days ago

Check out my collection, then tell me how old you think I am.

#4 45 days ago

I'm 24 (1995), not married and I think I have a pretty sweet collection of pins for my age
    (Okay TZ is not mine lol)

#5 45 days ago

I guess I am old...

41 getting married soon, also am a grandpappy.

No sure why this came up.

#6 45 days ago
    Quoted from Origin:

Hi everyone,
    So today, I found a peculiarity in the user demographics of Pinside. Most of this is found in the forum BTW.
    I noticed that a lot of Pinsiders mention their husbands/wives or kids in their posts, and they also mention that they do a lot of things not generally associated with the younger guys here.
    Many of these people are in their 40s or 50s, but some are not. I will turn 23 in August, for instance.
    Here comes the fun part:
    I am calling ALL PINSIDERS who match with these rules:
    -Born between 1993 and 1999, including both dates.
    -Single or living with partner, NOT married.
    -C̵a̷n̷ ̸s̵h̸o̴w̴ ̸m̵e̶ ̴p̵i̴c̴t̴u̷r̷e̸s̸ ̵o̷f̶ ̴t̵h̸e̴i̸r̴ ̸a̷c̸n̴e̵. (JOKE)
    I hope to see some 90s kids having fun!
    -OriginPB

1998 here! Single as hell - and like it that way! Also no acne - at least not under the foundation!

EMs are honestly becoming my favorite making me even more of a minority; they’re way more affordable, easier to maintain, are super fun and have that “one more game,” feel.

Disclaimer: I do feel about 35 however, my athletic injuries have added up in a major way.

My collection isn’t super impressive at this time - but that’ll change again soon. I’ve been keeping some control as I’m doing a big move next year.

90’s kids - UNITE!

#7 45 days ago

HA! Started collecting pins 5 years before the OP was born.
    Nice to see youngsters in the hobby to carry the torch and buy
    pins at high prices from our estates when we croak.
    Steve
    ps-I'm 65

#8 45 days ago

If you were born between 93 and 99 you are not a 90’s kid.

#9 45 days ago

Hehe, I'm 33 and married, but my wife is 26... does that count? We've only really gotten into the hobby over the last 2ish years now, its something we both enjoy together. The whole kit and caboodle too, from playing to owning to restorations!

#10 45 days ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Check out my collection, then tell me how old you think I am.

I'm 27.

#11 45 days ago

I was going to say 24, since you are the '96 stang.

#12 45 days ago

27 here and own 4 machines which I purchased on my own.

#13 45 days ago

24. Think my collection is pretty neat!

#14 44 days ago

ITT: 00s kids who wish they were 90s kids.

#15 44 days ago

I knew Twilight Zone was built in 1993 before I realized I was born in 1993. So...there's that.

#16 44 days ago
    Quoted from ctviss:

ITT: 00s kids who wish they were 90s kids.

How about 90s kids who wish they were 80s kids when pinball was awesome??

#17 44 days ago

You’re still a bunch of crackers!

#18 44 days ago

90s kids missed out on the golden age of arcades.....but you had much better home gaming consoles (MUCH BETTER). :p

#19 44 days ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

Right? I was playing Doom, Commander Keen, and Quake as a 12 year old, while these "90's kids" weren't even zygotes... lol...nice try!

#20 44 days ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

True, but we focus on the “New Wave” community of people. In recent years there has been an influx of content creators online, born between 1995 and 1998 in particular, and these people are our main focus. Sorry 1990-1992 gang!

#21 44 days ago
    Quoted from Origin:

True, but we focus on the “New Wave” community of people. In recent years there has been an influx of content creators online, born between 1995 and 1998 in particular, and these people are our main focus. Sorry 1990-1992 gang!

I think he is more meaning that in order to be a 90s kid you probably needed to be a teen in the 90s. For instance, I’m 38 and I think of my age as about the last “90s kids”. But what do I know lol.

For the record I totally get what you’re saying though

#22 44 days ago

Also, I forgot to give you a FREE PASS if you have done one or more of the following:

Animated on Flipnote DSi
    Played a game on PS1 (not the emulators)
    Made a YouTube video
    Subscribed to TheOdd1sOut, Jayden Animations, or other story time channels
    Listened to Eminem
    Smashed a window when playing baseball
    Played Beat Saber

If you have done one of these things, you’re welcome!

#23 43 days ago

I'll have to get my kids on here then. Oops one of them was born before 1993.

BTW, my C64 is still up and running 5.25" FDs.

#24 43 days ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Awesome to see someone dedicated to older technology!

#25 43 days ago
    Quoted from Mistermoberg:

1998 here! Single as hell - and like it that way! Also no acne - at least not under the foundation!
    EMs are honestly becoming my favorite making me even more of a minority; they’re way more affordable, easier to maintain, are super fun and have that “one more game,” feel.
    Disclaimer: I do feel about 35 however, my athletic injuries have added up in a major way.
    My collection isn’t super impressive at this time - but that’ll change again soon. I’ve been keeping some control as I’m doing a big move next year.
    90’s kids - UNITE!

We could be great together! Have just one game - a BSD, but works perfectly!
    Welcome to the club!
    -OriginPB

#27 43 days ago
    Quoted from Origin:

Born between '95-'98 puts you squarely in the 00s-kid category. You'd have to be born in the mid to late 80s to be considered a 90s kid.

#28 42 days ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Wait, 5.25 floppy's what are those? I loaded my TI99-4a off cassette or rom cartridges!!!

I remembered waiting 5 minutes to load Snipes into my 4K of RAM.

Yup I am getting old!!!!

Edit:: if no shout out to anyone who knows snipes. If anyone doesn’t google it!! For a 40 year old game it is still fun.

#29 42 days ago
    Quoted from Frax:

these "90's kids" weren't even zygotes

There's a good name for a pin:
    2021 Spooky Pinball presents - zygote

#30 41 days ago
    Quoted from ctviss:

Born between '95-'98 puts you squarely in the 00s-kid category. You'd have to be born in the mid to late 80s to be considered a 90s kid.

I think I worded it in a confusing way. I mean people BORN in the 90s, sorry for the inconvenience.

#31 40 days ago

I don’t post much private info online but I do fit this category for sure,
    I think I’ve got a decent collection for my age and abilities. Just gotta collect smart!
    I’m also know as Dr. Frankenpin in my local collectors circle since I typically buy parts and pieces and bastardize pins together.
    I put waaaaay too much work into garbage just because it feels good bringing them back to life!

Even being a Zoomer, I’ve never found any appeal in the “story time” nonsense on YouTube.
    So boring.

2 weeks later
    #32 25 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

There's a good name for a pin:
    2021 Spooky Pinball presents - zygote

It's an Embryon prequel.

#33 24 days ago

Back when I was the OP’s age with 1 pin like him I was out getting laid not hanging out on a forum talking to old dudes lol.

#34 24 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Back when I was the OP’s age with 1 pin like him I was out getting laid not hanging out on a forum talking to old dudes lol.

Lmfao

#35 24 days ago

I know I shouldn’t be posting in here! But I count for two of the 90s kids!
    I was born 40 years to early to be posting here. Great to see you guys taking up the reins.

#36 22 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You’ve been on pinside for 16 years? What was it like here 16 years ago?

#37 22 days ago

What was it like here 16 years ago?

Not as bright or purple.

#38 22 days ago

I’ll only say there was a bit less bickering granted there was less to talk about as the collector hobby was still deep underground.

#39 22 days ago

Gather round kids and I'll tell you

Not here, but RGP.

Once a month a noob would appear out of nowhere complaining that his favorite game that he wants to make his first game - inevitably, it was ALWAYS Medivial Madness, which was the most expensive/sought after game at the time - is too expensive and it's a hobby for rich people and everything was horrible. This was at a time when you could snap up about 75 percent of WPC titles for under $1500.

Like clockwork!

For extra hilarity's consideration, the price they were complaining about was $4,000.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 28.00
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 32.00
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside