Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180505_180527 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180506_0947452.jpg
    Randy_Lorde (resized).jpg
    Us - Long, long ago (resized).jpg
    e3ab053b58250dd25a1c6ee13e94d6c9 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180419_2024397.jpg
    IMG_20180419_2024253.jpg
    ArgumentChance (resized).png
    IMG_6715 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7064 (resized).JPG
    20180331_011307 (resized).jpg
    20180329_184723 (resized).jpg
    FW-190 pic #2 (resized).JPG
    DSC00067 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

warning: serious post!

When my wife gets mad about the hobby, it is almost never about money, it is about me spending time away from her. I am also in a rock band and we play out quite a bit. We also have an 8 year old son. I help him with his homework, go to all his hockey games and practices, and we all go on several trips a year to get away. My wife and I WORK TOGETHER. Travel is the wife's thing; pinball and music are mine. When she gets mad about pinball, it's because of the time we're not spending together. Sometimes you need that time apart though. It's a balance

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

We are the crazy ones. Our hobby is expensive, time consuming, and takes up a large amount of space. God bless the women in our lives who put up with it. If you found someone who does more then "put up with it", congratulations you've found someone as crazy as you are.

LOL well put

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I met my wife nineteen years ago & we've been married for seventeen. I've had many hobbies during our relationship & she's been extremely supportive throughout. When I started w/ pinball six years ago, she didn't completely understand but she was fine w/ it. Although it took several years, we now have an arcade in the front room & several pinball machines in the back room. Virtually every Friday & Saturday night, we turn on all the machines & have a fierce competition w/ whatever we are playing. Though it was quite some time for her to understand this pinball/arcade obsession, it did click & all's well. We've been together a long time & have never had an argument. We have always approached our relationship w/ these two principles ~ Agree to disagree & unconditional respect! Though there are many other dynamics to this formula > She's the best!!!

That remains to be seen: the big question is: does she like Rush?!?

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

I wear the pants at my house. I mean, ok yeah, she picks out the pants and tells me what shirt to wear but I do technically wear the pants.

Lol!

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-Tommy:

Bingo. My wife needs a hobby. I don't think worrying about the dogs is considered a hobby. I'll keep looking to find her one.

I used to be married to one of those. Took me a while to realize a) she needed a hobby and not think we needed to be together ALL the time. The years I wasted...

And b) that -I- needed to be more engaged when it was our time to be together. My (second) wife still gets pissed when I am off doing something without her, but it is almost always because I didn’t tell her in time, and she’s got to deal with the kid by herself with no backup plan, or she feels ditched or whatever. If I tell her up front a week or whatever in advance, then it’s “planned”. Still learning..

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from T-Tommy:

AHHH Someone who understands and articulated beautifully. Thanks for a wise post. $500 isn't going to bust the bank. I think she doesn't like 'Those big ugly things in my house'. If I collected stamps, that would probably be stupid too. I guess I'm being selfish for doing something just for me. I don't criticize her for anything she does. Her choice her happiness. We are working it out. Things settle down until I find another game that I like. I'm not really wife bashing, just trying to understand where the negative vibes are coming from. Probably the money.

Nope. How much time do you spend fixing / playing?

1 week later
    #204 5 years ago

Good on you guys!

Not exactly a wife story but - Had dinner with the neighbors last night, half kid birthday party, half grown-up hangout. The kid whose birthday it was is over at our house ALL the time playing the machines. He comes over and basically barges in the house to run down to the basement. I’ve tolerated it a couple times even when my son wasn’t home, but figured it would be best to wait until he is next time.

Anyway we are at the party, and I am talking to the dad - good guy, does a lot of cool art I like, also is some kind of electronic music DJ (I’m a singer In a fairly successful rock band, so we have the music thing in common)- I tell the dad I have all the machines, and from his reaction 1) he clearly has no clue what his kid has been doing for months (huh wtf), and 2) makes the judgiest face I have EVER seen on a grown male, then changes the subject.

OK just had to get that off my chest. Very disappointing; thought we’d be hanging out more

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-pinball-wives-mad-all-the-time?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.