Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180505_180527 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180506_0947452.jpg
    Randy_Lorde (resized).jpg
    Us - Long, long ago (resized).jpg
    e3ab053b58250dd25a1c6ee13e94d6c9 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180419_2024397.jpg
    IMG_20180419_2024253.jpg
    ArgumentChance (resized).png
    IMG_6715 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7064 (resized).JPG
    20180331_011307 (resized).jpg
    20180329_184723 (resized).jpg
    FW-190 pic #2 (resized).JPG
    DSC00067 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irobot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 5 years ago

I don't understand why any wife would complain about any hobby.

My wife likes to watch cooking shows, which I think is incredibly boring, but I would never give her static about it.

Why would I? Why would I care what my wife does with her time? She wants to watch boring TV, then be my guest.

The only reason I could think of for a wife to have any legitimate complaint about pinball is if you were short on money. These games are expensive, so it might be considered a needless expense.

But if your wife has a gripe your pinball hobby just because she personally doesn't care for pinball, then she's being a jerk.

A wife like that would complain about any hobby you had. If you liked fishing or bowling or stamp collecting, she'd be on your case about that, too.

#173 5 years ago

Anyway, to answer the OPs question: No, not all women are crabby about pinball.

Mine likes to camp out on our TAF.

1 week later
    #196 5 years ago
    Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Wish I had followed this advice before I told my wife last night that I'm (we're) out $9K!!!! Thankfully I'd been prepping her that this exact scenario might play out. She wasn't happy, but understood the how's and why's of what happened.

Do tell.

I'm out of the loop on all this stuff.

Lost $9k?

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from T-Tommy:

Farmville, browsing Facebook, worrying about the dogs. This thread is getting away from pinball and heading into therapy. My bad. Pinside is great. Another fun and relaxing thing to do. It's fun to find a repair tip and learn something new. I especially enjoyed TerryB's soldering guide. Awesome. Learning to work on boards is probably the next goal. Pulled a motherboard out of an old comp to practice on.

maybe you need a little marriage counselling.

sometimes it's best to lift the scab and dump some peroxide in there

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

Having a hobby is healthy as long as it doesn't dominate other areas that are more important. Spouse, kids, work, health, - These should always take priority. Hobbies are a welcome distraction from all other responsibilities in life. However there are times a hobby can become a distraction. We all know people who do something too much. I'm sure you know people who: watch too much TV, Surf the internet too much, play on their phone too much, play video games too much... Etc. See what I'm getting at? Try to look at it from her side. Is it dominating time you should be investing elsewhere?
    I work long hours (60-70 hours/week). I decided that I would avoid hobbies that require time away from my family. So, if I'm not working then I'm home. I can play 15-30 minutes and it isn't a big deal since it is at home. My kids and wife can play too if they want. However, if there are things I should be doing more (cleaning, reading to kids, making dinner, etc) then I do that first. Otherwise you should look at your priorities.
    I bought a game my wife liked (WOZ). We have found some overlap in games we like but not all of them. I have many friends who's spouse never plays their games. This is fine but it is more fun to share interests if possible.
    What does your wife enjoy doing?

My wife and I used to work non-stop.

Then we decided that come 7:00 PM, we're done for the day. Period.

And no work gets done on Sunday. Period.

Try it.

Let the kids watch cartoons and eat mcdonalds for one day a week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irobot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-pinball-wives-mad-all-the-time?tu=irobot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.