Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180505_180527 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180506_0947452.jpg
    Randy_Lorde (resized).jpg
    Us - Long, long ago (resized).jpg
    e3ab053b58250dd25a1c6ee13e94d6c9 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180419_2024397.jpg
    IMG_20180419_2024253.jpg
    ArgumentChance (resized).png
    IMG_6715 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7064 (resized).JPG
    20180331_011307 (resized).jpg
    20180329_184723 (resized).jpg
    FW-190 pic #2 (resized).JPG
    DSC00067 (resized).JPG
    There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 6 years ago

Is it just mine or do all pinball wives hate our hobby and seem to be annoyed by our happiness. I finally found something I am interested in and all I get are jabs and criticism. What ever happened to a spouse being happy that their spouse is happy. I guess if we just walked the dogs 12 hours a day she would be happy. I'm confused.

#2 6 years ago

Little marriage tip: don't complain about your spouse.

Figure out what is making her unhappy and work it out. Sometimes it's not pinball, exactly, but it's what is getting left aside for pinball. Talk to her.

#3 6 years ago

single tip: Stay single

#4 6 years ago

givrsum

#5 6 years ago

Left mine for pinball in 1991. I regret being selfish and putting my interests in front of hers. Haven’t met a lady liked her since.

#6 6 years ago

I tend to play when she's not home or after she's gone to bed. It's not so much being mad, as it is a subtle disapproval. She would never openly object, since I bring home the bacon. But I think the image of a 50+ yr old grown up man playing pinball bothers her. Apparently it would be more dignified if went fishing, hunting and/or played 4 hr golf games instead (all of which are fronts for some other activity.) Geez, at least pinball keeps you honest and at home!

#7 6 years ago

Wife encouraged me to get back into the hobby. So no, not all the time.

#8 6 years ago

Pinball has kicked my wifes car out of the garage and she has never complained. I have a good one!

#9 6 years ago

Ah, just get one of those inflatable women.

#10 6 years ago

I think most have a love/hate relationship with the hobby.After my last haul i got the go ahead to build on a 12x32 game room all it took was 4 in the kitchen haha. “I hope if something happens to me my woman doesnt sell my games for what i told her i paid for them”

#11 6 years ago

Its all a give and take. Remember your not collecting $2 baseball cards. Now your collecting Major 7K plus toys which is something you should Try to get her on board with. My wife and I love to play together and my (our) rule is if one of us doesn't like a game it goes. When we find a game we both like it's rather enjoyable and means to enjoy something together. Every case and marriage is different just know this is a Big buying decision. lol

#12 6 years ago

Mine loves pinball and is even in a league.

She even bought herself a VIP pass for YEGPIN in May.

The only time she gets angry is when I knock off one of her high scores.

#13 6 years ago

Minimising the intrusive mess factor of any hobby in the main domicile is the key to a happy spouse.

Setup the best of restored titles confined to one room of the house then build another shed preferably offsite from your main residential property and store the parts/machines overflow (ahem non working container units) there.

#14 6 years ago

My girl and me got tickets to Yegpin pin as well. I think I have a keeper although she hates tournaments but loves playing pinball at home and at (pokeys) our main location. So there are good ones out there there is hope for all. Good luck

Quoted from ImNotNorm:Mine loves pinball and is even in a league.
    She even bought herself a VIP pass for YEGPIN in May.
    The only time she gets angry is when I knock off one of her high scores.

#15 6 years ago

My wife loves Pinball and enjoys the hobby with me! As a matter of fact we’re going to Zapcon this weekend and she’s more excited then I am!

#16 6 years ago

Are all pinball wives mad all the time?

Yes.

#17 6 years ago

Same here, my wife is only mad when I haven't fixed our machines. She plays in a league and narrowly missed making it to state finals in DE this year. She reminds me to put in vacation requests for Pinfest and Pinburgh.

#18 6 years ago

Mine is cool and we play together all the time.

#19 6 years ago

Happy wife = happy wife

I don’t believe there is a saying in regards to the husband.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-Tommy:

Is it just mine or do all pinball wives hate our hobby and seem to be annoyed by our happiness. I finally found something I am interested in and all I get are jabs and criticism. What ever happened to a spouse being happy that their spouse is happy. I guess if we just walked the dogs 12 hours a day she would be happy. I'm confused.

Tommy, we should hang out. My wife thinks it's stupid, she only tolerates it because we have young kids.

#21 6 years ago

Most are most of the time. My friends wife supports about 15%.

#22 6 years ago

Who is your wife and why is she ruining your pinball playing experience?

#23 6 years ago

Buy her a wof, all will be good.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Buy her a wof, all will be good.

Or a Shrek! Bitches love that game

#25 6 years ago

Not since we bought Game of Thrones. She plays all the time now. Just have to find that right game for her.

#26 6 years ago

Me and my wife play pinball together almost every night. Unfortunately she seems to be better than me and holds all our top scores

#27 6 years ago

My wife play GB every morning and every night. She plays more pinball than I do. Plus I sold my original MM and NGG years ago and to this day she's mad that I sold both, especially NGG.

I'd like to sell a game to get something else, but she won't let me (I'm Totally Serious)!

We've been married 21 years so I guess I have a KEEPER!

#28 6 years ago

Hmmm all good as far as she doesn’t bother me about my pinball addiction but can’t say she will ever play a game either. Can’t say she enjoys any of my other hobbies either which include my Harley & trips with my buddies. Playing the drums in a band for almost 10 years with hundreds of gigs she maybe came to 5 of them? But then again opposites attract right?....

#29 6 years ago

nope. My wife is amazing, loves pinball, and she even has sex with me...

#30 6 years ago

Is she annoyed by pinball itself or is she annoyed by how you enjoy pinball? i.e. if you're investing too much time or money in something she's not interested in then you should talk to her about it. From my perspective - my wife hardly ever plays pinball but she doesn't have an issue with the hobby and she thinks the games are cool to look at.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

she even has sex with me...

That's just gross right there.

#32 6 years ago

Mine plays a little, likes going to the shows, and when I say "I'm thinking about getting another pin", she says "go for it".

edit: She has a horse, so she really has no room to bark about me spending money.

#33 6 years ago

Pinball?.... lol

#34 6 years ago

warning: serious post!

When my wife gets mad about the hobby, it is almost never about money, it is about me spending time away from her. I am also in a rock band and we play out quite a bit. We also have an 8 year old son. I help him with his homework, go to all his hockey games and practices, and we all go on several trips a year to get away. My wife and I WORK TOGETHER. Travel is the wife's thing; pinball and music are mine. When she gets mad about pinball, it's because of the time we're not spending together. Sometimes you need that time apart though. It's a balance

#35 6 years ago

My wife doesn’t hate it and even enjoys playing. She’s not competitive so we won’t try and get a high score or care about the rules. Her biggest gripe with pinball is the cost.

#36 6 years ago

Mine wants almost every new pin that comes out....I can't keep up. Thank goodness Stern makes pros before the premium because the whining about gettting Iron Maiden has already started....

#37 6 years ago

Never, she doesn't care.

If we truly could not afford the machines we own and they were depriving my family of vacations or the things they enjoy doing, there would be an issue.

If I was spending all of my time playing pinball and neglecting my wife and kids, there would be an issue.

#38 6 years ago

My wife is 100% supportive, and if she told me that we need to throttle back, I would, because wife. There's a reason why I married her.

#39 6 years ago

I'll use this opportunity to brag on my awesome wife. She never gives me crap about any of my hobbies and after almost 15 years of marriage we still love hanging out together.

She is currently going through chemo for breast cancer and handling it like a champ! One of the strongest people I know.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

nope. My wife is amazing, loves pinball, and she even has sex with me...

Whats Sex?

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'll use this opportunity to brag on my awesome wife. She never gives me crap about any of my hobbies and after almost 15 years of marriage we still love hanging out together.
    She is currently going through chemo for breast cancer and handling it like a champ! One of the strongest people I know.

Best Wishes, John.....one of the Best Pinball Wives, Ive met.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Whats Sex?

Best Wishes, John.....one of the Best Pinball Wives, Ive met.

Thanks Art! Your wife is pretty awesome as well, if I do say so. I'll be in touch about getting together in November again.

#42 6 years ago

The trick is to have the games clear and present in your home before you get a girlfriend. I know not everyone can do it in that order, but it is a huge help. My now-fiance is into pinball because of me and is bummed that she can't make it to Pinfest this year.

#43 6 years ago

She hates it.
    So I bought her a Mega-Touch.
    Now she sits at the bar playing happily, and I'm in the next room with the pins.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Sounds like a strong women. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Me and my wife play pinball together almost every night. Unfortunately she seems to be better than me and holds all our top scores

That’s depressing. I might get out of the hobby if that were the case!

#46 6 years ago

My wife is only happy about pinball when I sell a pin but not when I buy another one to replace the sold one.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Sounds like you are a lucky man in finding a great partner in life, hope all is well and goes as good as it possibly can go. Oh by the way my wife is also cool with my new hobby so it seems like a lot of us are lucky to have a great wife.

#48 6 years ago

We are shopping around looking at homes, and one of the first things she looks at is how big the basement is, if it’s a walkout, etc...
    of course I’ll have to give up some space, she wants a skeeball machine

#49 6 years ago

My fiancee just bought her first pin, a rollergames.

So nah, not all are mad.

#50 6 years ago

My wife, my friends wives, all hate pinball. Won’t play and think we are all dumb. They hate us buying but love us selling. My wife thinks arcade games, video games, pinball in general are childish and a waste of time and money. BUT if I got back back into car racing she would love it, haha, the ultimate money pit, so you can’t win.

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-pinball-wives-mad-all-the-time?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.