Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180505_180527 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180506_0947452.jpg
    Randy_Lorde (resized).jpg
    Us - Long, long ago (resized).jpg
    e3ab053b58250dd25a1c6ee13e94d6c9 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180419_2024397.jpg
    IMG_20180419_2024253.jpg
    ArgumentChance (resized).png
    IMG_6715 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7064 (resized).JPG
    20180331_011307 (resized).jpg
    20180329_184723 (resized).jpg
    FW-190 pic #2 (resized).JPG
    DSC00067 (resized).JPG
    There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 6 years ago

My wife has not been very supportive. No interest, snarky comments, etc. She tolerates it now but I do wish she would at least feign interest.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

» YouTube video
    This video should be played for all young men in school. It’s a potential lifesaver

LOL!!!

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

He’s only salty because his encounters have to be planned atleast an hour in advance for the little blue pill to kick in.

It takes at least an hour for the glass to get hot on the machine.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-Tommy:

Is it just mine or do all pinball wives hate our hobby and seem to be annoyed by our happiness. I finally found something I am interested in and all I get are jabs and criticism. What ever happened to a spouse being happy that their spouse is happy. I guess if we just walked the dogs 12 hours a day she would be happy. I'm confused.

My wife likes my Pinball hobby and she even likes to play, but what I have come to find she likes most about pinball is that it makes me happy.

#105 6 years ago

IMG_7064 (resized).JPGIMG_7064 (resized).JPG

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

My wife has not been very supportive. No interest, snarky comments, etc. She tolerates it now but I do wish she would at least feign interest.

You need to watch this video!

#107 6 years ago

Bitchy wifes are mad all the time lol. And yes I am married thankfully it is not all the time for me. Good luck guys!

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

That's why I went straight for the trophy wife.

O papa, please teach me your wisdom.

QSS

#109 6 years ago

January 3rd, 2001. My wife got home and opened the front door and was greeted by a BBB right there, along with the Christmas tree, TV, and furniture. All in a small living room.

I temporarily set BBB there as I just got back from Chicago and ran to work. I was going to deal with it later.

She was not a happy camper. Every once in awhile I miss her. And then it goes away.

LTG : )

#110 6 years ago

After being together for 41 years, all I am looking for is "I'm glad your having fun honey". If I'm not doing what she thinks I should be doing it causes friction. I guess the consensus is a quote by Mr. Miagi in The Karate Kid. "Balance not just for karate, but whole life".

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

» YouTube video
    This video should be played for all young men in school. It’s a potential lifesaver

BEST.......VIDEO........EVER!!!!!!!

QSS

#112 6 years ago

My wife is good about it. At one point I nearly took over the entire house. Now I make sure that she has space in the house.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

Pinball has kicked my wifes car out of the garage and she has never complained. I have a good one!

Ditto on this
    My side of the garage is full and the wife’s side has my current projects in it,
    She never complains either. Her car does have remote start and I always try to
    Get the snow off it before she goes to work.
    She also helps me at times and also enjoys playing them.

#114 6 years ago

My wife doesnt understand this hobby and most of everything else I do on a daily basis. However, i bring home the bacon! She runs the house and the kids.

So I get one night a week (Wednesdays usually) to mess around (with my pins that is). Basically my hall pass.

We have a date night once a week no matter what and that helps our marriage big time!

IMG_6715 (resized).JPGIMG_6715 (resized).JPG

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

From reading many posts on pinside, I picture being married something like this.

Marriage is the last form of legal slavery.
    Why have a subscription when you can have single copy instead?

#116 6 years ago

All I really have to say is that my WoZ is sitting in my dining room and my wife doesn't care.

#117 6 years ago

ArgumentChance (resized).pngArgumentChance (resized).png

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bundy:

Marriage is the last form of legal slavery.

I would throw debt into that category as well.

#119 6 years ago

She used to bitch all the time but over the years she fell in love with a few titles. Now she tolerates it because it of my happiness. You just haven't worn her down enough!

#120 6 years ago

I’m lucky and caught a brunette unicorn myself. She helps me shop machines and only gets pissed when I sell one of “her”machines... bad cats.... or kick her off the high score board. As long as I don’t sell her TOTAN She will eventually forgive me and fall in love with the next machine. She is also very good player and just won her First Ladies tournament last month against some very competitive players. She is extremely competitive and hates when I beat her. I try to explain I have 20+ year experience on her but she keeps trying to knock me off my pedistal. She has her first trophy on the wall in our game room and Inlook forward to her dominating our wall space in the future. I’m truly a lucky guy I don’t think I would live with someone who wasn’t supportive of my interests.

#121 6 years ago

We are the crazy ones. Our hobby is expensive, time consuming, and takes up a large amount of space. God bless the significant others in our lives who put up with it. If you found someone who does more then "put up with it", congratulations you've found someone as crazy as you are.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

We are the crazy ones. Our hobby is expensive, time consuming, and takes up a large amount of space. God bless the women in our lives who put up with it. If you found someone who does more then "put up with it", congratulations you've found someone as crazy as you are.

LOL well put

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I would throw debt into that category as well.

Ain't that the truth. And if you consider your marriage slavery, you did something wrong.

#124 6 years ago

Mine didn't seem too mad at league night tonight. Winning on FT probably helped.....

IMG_20180419_2024253.jpgIMG_20180419_2024253.jpg

IMG_20180419_2024397.jpgIMG_20180419_2024397.jpg

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mine didn't seem too mad at league night tonight. Winning on FT probably helped.....

I know that face. That's the "I kicked your ass bitch" face. I know it all too well on AFM.

#126 6 years ago

Mine gets mad when I buy a machine she doesn’t like. Like when I picked up my Aerosmith pro.

#127 6 years ago

I met my wife nineteen years ago & we've been married for seventeen. I've had many hobbies during our relationship & she's been extremely supportive throughout. When I started w/ pinball six years ago, she didn't completely understand but she was fine w/ it. Although it took several years, we now have an arcade in the front room & several pinball machines in the back room. Virtually every Friday & Saturday night, we turn on all the machines & have a fierce competition w/ whatever we are playing. Though it was quite some time for her to understand this pinball/arcade obsession, it did click & all's well. We've been together a long time & have never had an argument. We have always approached our relationship w/ these two principles ~ Agree to disagree & unconditional respect! Though there are many other dynamics to this formula > She's the best!!!

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

She's the best!!!

She must read pinside

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I met my wife nineteen years ago & we've been married for seventeen. I've had many hobbies during our relationship & she's been extremely supportive throughout. When I started w/ pinball six years ago, she didn't completely understand but she was fine w/ it. Although it took several years, we now have an arcade in the front room & several pinball machines in the back room. Virtually every Friday & Saturday night, we turn on all the machines & have a fierce competition w/ whatever we are playing. Though it was quite some time for her to understand this pinball/arcade obsession, it did click & all's well. We've been together a long time & have never had an argument. We have always approached our relationship w/ these two principles ~ Agree to disagree & unconditional respect! Though there are many other dynamics to this formula > She's the best!!!

That remains to be seen: the big question is: does she like Rush?!?

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

Mine gets mad when I buy a machine she doesn’t like. Like when I picked up my Aerosmith pro.

Agreed, I've been with my wonderful wife for 23 years now and while she is supportive, she can't stand it when I buy certain titles. Take Metallica for example, she wants it gone like yesterday and says " you don't even like Metallica!!" every few days. ( which is true! )

I've learnt the best way to keep her happy and interested, is to let her pick some games. First pinball show we attended she fell in love with Woz, so I bought her a Emerald City version. Recently we went to a new pincade and she played AFMr several times and really enjoyed it, I ordered one that night. As long as she's happy with a few, I'm happy too.

My biggest problem is I cant part with any of my games and I dare not ask to sell hers! lol.

#131 6 years ago

I wear the pants at my house. I mean, ok yeah, she picks out the pants and tells me what shirt to wear but I do technically wear the pants.

#132 6 years ago

My wife likes pinball enough to let me have them. However i limit my time playing since we have a baby.

#133 6 years ago

My wife likes pinball, and even has a game (World Cup Soccer) that she allows me to clean and service for her. She’s such a sweetheart!

#134 6 years ago

My wife loves pinball, when I get a new game she buys another puppy.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Ain't that the truth. And if you consider your marriage slavery, you did something wrong.

No, I just want to be able to make my own decisions and not having someone else trying to do it for me…

#136 6 years ago

Funny story my wife got into buying these 31 bags I think she even was in one of these clubs where you had to buy a bag a month? One day I said do we really need another F'n 31 bag she turned and said do we really need another F'n pinball machine. I said yep we need more 31 bags.

But honestly she is not into pinball but supports me with my hobby, she actually found a big portable building that we ended up buying and made into a game room. When I'm looking at something she will say are going to buy it? And no issues when I do she will come outside see what I brought home and that's about it. She will play some pool and there are a few arcade games she likes playing when we go to Expo's and friends places. So I recently bought an arcade game that she likes playing and added it to the game room.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

I wear the pants at my house. I mean, ok yeah, she picks out the pants and tells me what shirt to wear but I do technically wear the pants.

Lol!

#139 6 years ago

I think the title of this post should be changed to "Are all wives mad, all the time?"

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Or a Shrek! Bitches love that game

I can vouch for this. My wife wants one over Family Guy...and we have watched TONS of Family Guy and American Dad, so it's not like it's a dislike of Family Guy or ignorance of source material.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

My wife likes pinball enough to let me have them. However i limit my time playing since we have a baby.

Is there a way to mount a car seat to the machine leg like they have for cupholders?

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

Is there a way to mount a car seat to the machine leg like they have for cupholders?

topper

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That remains to be seen: the big question is: does she like Rush?!?

If you've ever seen them in concert you know the answer. Last time I saw them there were maybe four women in attendance and the rest of the crowd was white guys, my age, dressed like me. It was a little unsettling. I can't think of another band that has such a laser focus on their demographic.

#144 6 years ago

My wife has been very understanding about the growing number of pins, but plays seldomly.

What she doesn't understand is when I go to pick up a pin & come back 6 hours later after checking out the seller's game room & playing for hours. "You were at a stranger's house that whole time?" My response "he's a friend now, so no".

#145 6 years ago

The thing that makes me most mad as a pinball wife is the number of shows that fall on my weekends to work. We’d be traveling to lots of great shows if my job didn’t require every other weekend hours. No TPF for me next year, but I’ll get to go to my first ReplayFX next year. Expo is my weekend to work this year...

#146 6 years ago

Check and see if SFGE is on an off weekend, it's a great pinball show!

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bundy:

No, I just want to be able to make my own decisions and not having someone else trying to do it for me…

You married someone who tried to make decisions for you?

#148 6 years ago

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    High Speed Archived
    As is - “high speed in reno nv, this was a excellent example of the game, but was vandalized, hit with a hammer about 10 times. (I don't know much about how or why this happened I was not i...”
    2018-04-20
    Reno, NV
    700 (Firm)
    Archived after: 13 days
    Viewed: 560 times
    Contributed to Pinside

I’m guessing this was the wife’s doing lol

#149 6 years ago

Okay okay, so it’s not that we’re angry, per say. There are two things I’m guessing are going on, and I speak from experience....

1) equate your obsession with pinball to her being obsessed with diamonds. Miiiiiight cause some marital strife, no?!
    2) You can love pinball, but you gotta love yo’ wife wayyyyy mo’! Get her involved and make her feel special.

XO Mrs. Pin

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from Elix72:

The thing that makes me most mad as a pinball wife is the number of shows that fall on my weekends to work. We’d be traveling to lots of great shows if my job didn’t require every other weekend hours. No TPF for me next year, but I’ll get to go to my first ReplayFX next year. Expo is my weekend to work this year...

I agree with this! I was luckily able to trade my work weekends to make it to TPF, MGC, and ReplayFX this year (or I would definitely be one of those “angry pinball wives” — although sounds like a better type of angry than some of the wives I am hearing about)

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-pinball-wives-mad-all-the-time/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.