Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Thinking of fully restoring my Getaway and my Taxi. I feel like it would be easier to have a spare cabinet to restore and move to, rather then emptying, restoring, and refilling the same cab. Hence my question, are cabinets all built the same? Could I buy a spare, restore it for getaway, move all gateway stuffs over, then use old gateway cab to restore for taxi? Or alternatively, if sys 11 / wpc have different cabs, could I find any wpc cab to use for getaway restore, and any sys 11 cab for Taxi?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Thinking of fully restoring my Getaway and my Taxi. I feel like it would be easier to have a spare cabinet to restore and move to, rather then emptying, restoring, and refilling the same cab. Hence my question, are cabinets all built the same? Could I buy a spare, restore it for getaway, move all gateway stuffs over, then use old gateway cab to restore for taxi? Or alternatively, if sys 11 / wpc have different cabs, could I find any wpc cab to use for getaway restore, and any sys 11 cab for Taxi?

Not all cabs are the same, sys 11 and wpc are very different. Even in the same generation there can be variations by title.
You say you are going to restore these games then say that it you are looking for an easy way. This is not how to do a restore. Do it right or don't do it. A half assed job is a bad job.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Not all cabs are the same, sys 11 and wpc are very different. Even in the same generation there can be variations by title.
You say you are going to restore these games then say that it you are looking for an easy way. This is not how to do a restore. Do it right or don't do it. A half assed job is a bad job.

My intention is not to be half assed, that's the point of the question. If I can simply use another cabinet, things will be much smoother and higher quality in the long run. But if I don't need the exact same title for the cabinet, that opens up more options.

#4 6 years ago

Is there a way to determine which cabs would be suitable vs which wouldn't?

#5 6 years ago

The Getaway would be unique, due to the becon on the backbox and the shifter launch handle

while i can see what you are trying to do, ultimatly you wont be saving much time or effort

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

My intention is not to be half assed, that's the point of the question. If I can simply use another cabinet, things will be much smoother and higher quality in the long run. But if I don't need the exact same title for the cabinet, that opens up more options.

I can't answer your questions with the brand of pins you are considering but I totally get where you are coming from. Having an extra cab to work with offers some convenient options.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-all-cabinets-built-equal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.