2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

It seems that everywhere I look, there are out of stock (at least at websites that are good about updating that stuff is out of stock). And the price for wanted for them at eBay is ridiculous!

ebay.com link: itm

"455 flashing bulbs These are obsolete you can't buy them any more when they're gone they're gone. you get 10 bulbs per Box. These are for pinball machines"

I've got 24 in good shape (I throw out any bulb that looks corroded, etc.), and I wonder if I should help out the pinball community in selling them at $3 a piece.

#2 2 years ago

Pinball Resource is still selling them for a very reasonable price.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Pinball Resource is still selling them for a very reasonable price.

awesome! buy what you need but save some for others

#5 2 years ago

If they ever totally dry up and folks still insist on real incandescent blinkers in the lightbox, I guess somebody could design a cheap little circuit board with a dozen output transistors + chip(s) that duplicate the randomly-timed flashing... then you run individual wiring (DC) to each #44. Sort of like an auxiliary lamp board except with the randomizing.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

If they ever totally dry up and folks still insist on real incandescent blinkers in the lightbox, I guess somebody could design a cheap little circuit board with a dozen output transistors + chip(s) that duplicate the randomly-timed flashing... then you run individual wiring (DC) to each #44. Sort of like an auxiliary lamp board except with the randomizing.

Personally, I avoid modifications that aren't easily reversible.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-455-bulbs-no-longer-manufactured and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.