5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2019-03-09 16.18.17 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm doing a re-theme ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-night-rider-ss-re-theme ) and am starting to work on sounds, voices, for use during game play.

I started with an Uno and MP3 trigger, but decided to go with an Uno and WAV Trigger.

Wondering if other would like to share their experiences with Arduino and perhaps a wav or mp3 trigger.

Robert

#3 5 years ago

The chimes were rebuilt prior to deciding to attempt adding sounds to the game...so yes they are obsolete now.

My plan now is to use a WAV Trigger as the sounds & voices player and the Uno as the controller, similarly as you did with the Arduino. The WAV trigger has 16 inputs for activation sounds. It instigates them by grounding each of the 16 pins. Each of the 16 triggers can have 1 distinct or several random sounds/voices from each trigger grounding.

I suppose I could use the WAV Trigger without the Uno, by just using switches (double up on switches on some playfield) to activate the WAV Trigger, but that would mean limited added sounds or random sounds.

I thought of using the chime solenoids to activate switches to trigger sounds, since the game continually plays the chimes when the pinball hits things. But there are only 4 chimes, so there would be a lot of random sounds.

I was thinking that I could tap into the playfield and BBox lamps to trigger sounds, using an UNO. What do you think of that idea?

Robert

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from legtod2:

What are you going to use for the brain for your machine

What do you recommend?

Robert

#7 5 years ago

Starting to think about sound additions to the game...some possible game sounds, with a few pics of the progress so far.

I'm still thinking Arduino Uno with a MUX Shield activating a WAV Trigger.

Robert

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I wonder if it would be possible to do a circuit that would allow duplicate reading of the mpus switch matrix. I.e. a second switch matrix with pass through.

Not sure what you actually mean.

What I was thinking was to put a pass-through connector between the the backbox lamp connector (J2) and the lamp driver board so I could tap off the 5v being sent to the BB lamps...match, player up, tilt, # of players, etc. As i could use these inputs to trigger voices/sounds. I haven't found a connector yet that could serve this task, that fits on those old Bally connectors. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't decided how I'm going to get inputs from the coils or switches yet. Of course the "easy" way would be to double up on switches and use a ground signal to activate a sound. But I'd prefer a more elegant solution.

Any thoughts on this effort?

Robert

1 week later
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from legtod2:

Google spikenzielab B64 to see more details.

Thanks for the info.

Robert

3 weeks later
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from rightarmfal:

I think the only reasonable thing is just replacing all of the switches with these.

Interesting...

Robert

4 months later
#17 5 years ago

Wow, pretty cool!

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arduino-uno-amp-associated-programming-club?tu=MrSanRamon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.