Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 761 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by AmokSolderer
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you using the APC and what's the reason if not?”

• I'm using APC with MPF 4 votes
      15%
    • I'm programming APC natively 2 votes
      7%
    • I'm waiting for PinMame support 5 votes
      19%
    • I have an APC board, but I still have to populate it 3 votes
      11%
    • I would only use the APC if populated boards were available 13 votes
      48%

(27 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1810171024_Guangdong-Hottech-APM4953_C181099.pdf (PDF preview)
    1810061025_Infineon-Technologies-IRF7316TRPBF_C55887.pdf (PDF preview)
    20210722_181324 (resized).jpg
    20210714_110844 (resized).jpg
    20210715_010609 (resized).jpg
    90604CAD-DC40-40B3-9F56-7BA2F4A23025 (resized).jpeg
    img-2718-tQs8d72n-2-2.gif
    66933565-BC7C-4169-BC7B-F9B405142B14 (resized).jpeg
    20210425_124411 (resized).jpg
    20210425_124407 (resized).jpg
    20210425_124220 (resized).jpg
    20210425_124218 (resized).jpg
    20210308_082220 (resized).jpg
    P1020681 (resized).JPG
    PXL_20210227_045123229 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210225_042701758 (resized).jpg

There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
    #751 31 days ago
    Quoted from slochar:

For your linked example do you cancel the 3 second thing for the shooter lane switch if someone manages to not get the switch activated

No, the exception code does rely on the switch to work properly. It would be very simple to cancel the timer also when a playfield switch is activated or do 3 attempts at max, but I wanted to keep it simple as it was meant as an example. Still works great though.

Quoted from slochar:

For small patches hooking in is ok but for large wholesale changes nothing beats having the whole thing laid out in source

Yeah, if the changes are too severe than it's better to write a new code, but sometimes it's just some details that need to be changed to make a game better.

#752 31 days ago
    Quoted from gorgar007:

I'm excited for a clean slate.. assuming the framework is intuitive enough and all of the game mechanics are easy enough to access. Could be fun!

There are basically two frameworks: Either low-level on the arduino. Or a high level framework with runs on a separate PC or RPi: https://missionpinball.org/ or https://docs.missionpinball.org/

#753 29 days ago

While I learn about APC, I've been trying to rip the audio files from Transporter. Had limited success with the M1 path.. couldn't find any of the voices, just music. Just found all of the voices with pinmame, success!

1 week later
    #754 22 days ago

AmokSolderer - is there a way to easily switch your Rollergames MPF demo to mirror what you're sending to the hardware segment display, to the virtual segment display?

#755 20 days ago

I guess jabdoa is better suited to answer that question.
    My humble MPF skills were barely enough to make that Rollergames demo work.

#756 15 days ago

I might have a v2.4 and a v3 board for sale soon. It is coming in as a trade from someone who bought one of the previous boards from me. I think that the v2.4 build was started, then he bought the v3 board and then ran out of time. So, it should have all of the parts for the 2.4 build, which would include the parts needed for the v3. You could order the v3 through hole parts and build both. Or, I could sell them separate. Anyway, PM me if interested. I'm still waiting for the trade to finalize.

#757 12 days ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I might have a v2.4 and a v3 board for sale soon. It is coming in as a trade from someone who bought one of the previous boards from me. I think that the v2.4 build was started, then he bought the v3 board and then ran out of time. So, it should have all of the parts for the 2.4 build, which would include the parts needed for the v3. You could order the v3 through hole parts and build both. Or, I could sell them separate. Anyway, PM me if interested. I'm still waiting for the trade to finalize.

I have an extra set of the v3 through hole parts if someone doesn't want to go through the trouble of getting them all themselves, which I had to go to multiple vendors to do. I ended up with the extra set as one of the V3 boards I ordered had manufacturing defect.

Actually, PM'd you, I would take the V3 board then I can make a complete kit for someone with the through hole parts I have.

#758 10 days ago
    Quoted from gorgar007:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"67a1fefee14988c66325738f0b0557658a9f734f-1633778177-1800"};
    //]]>

AmokSolderer - is there a way to easily switch your Rollergames MPF demo to mirror what you're sending to the hardware segment display, to the virtual segment display?

Have look at virtual_segment_displays in the MPF docs. That should do what you want. They recently gained more features in dev (future 0.56) but basic functionality should be in 0.55 already.

Jan

#759 9 days ago

Hi at all!
    I write from Italy. First at all, really good job for all the work. I have ordered 5 pcb from JLCPCB for play with this board.
    At moment I have Comet (Sys9), Rollergames (Sys11c) and a Firepower II (Sys7) theorically compatible with this system.
    Firepower II now have original CPU with problem, but I try to solve it.
    But this system it's very interesting, and if I can do some test on my pinball or help to implements something it's a pleasure for me.
    I'm HW/FW developer so, I am not a beginner but not too experienced

I will keep you updated when the circuits arrive.

Byeeeee

#760 3 days ago

So you were able to get 5 completely SMD populated boards? Seems to get increasingly difficult as lots of components are currently running out of stock.

Quoted from drConti:

At moment I have Comet (Sys9), Rollergames (Sys11c) and a Firepower II (Sys7) theorically compatible with this system.

For the Rollergames there's still an unsolved PinMame issue which has been discussed before:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arduino-pinball-controller/page/13#post-6186276

When using PinMame the music does only work correctly during test mode. This means one has to write some PinMame exception which tracks the status of the game and decides which music command to execute and which to ignore. Currently I don't have the time to do it, so if you want to start digging into the APC world then this could be a good first task. An example for using PinMame exceptions can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arduino-pinball-controller/page/15#post-6504949

But there's also some good news about the Rollergames as I have already extracted most of the sound and music files. That means if you come to the point of wanting to try and make this machine work with the APC and PinMame, just send me a PM and I'll send the audio files to you.

Have fun

#761 2 days ago
    Quoted from drConti:

Firepower II now have original CPU with problem, but I try to solve it.

BTW, you can replace your faulty System 7 CPU with minimum effort. The APC 3 boards can control a Sys7 audio board directly. That means you don't have to bother with extracting audio files. All you need is a simple ribbon cable as it is shown here:

https://github.com/AmokSolderer/APC/blob/master/DOC/HowToStart.md#system-7-audio-cable

There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside