(Topic ID: 284738)

Arduino Pinball Controller group purchase

By ThatOneDude

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210128_012944287 (resized).jpg
    20210124_132359 (resized).jpg
    140188661_205600937955211_4993392817857496397_n (resized).jpg
    141884642_247004256809554_5176892696510523825_n (resized).jpg
    137065603_2913835285607806_2941339789169142971_n (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.30.37 AM (resized).jpg
    dominos-tracker (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.43.20 AM (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 10.44.09 AM (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 1.44.43 PM (resized).jpg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 3 years ago

Anyone have a spare missed this train

#53 3 years ago

My back is killing me, but...

Quoted from hockeymutt:

You might talk to Compy

20210124_132359 (resized).jpg20210124_132359 (resized).jpg
    #54 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

I've got blanks as well as whatever is in this order. I'll give you a shout as soon as mine gets in and we can get you set up! I've sent out blanks of the APC rev 2.4 boards before and I think I have 3 of those sitting on the racks, though I haven't reviewed all the changes between that revision and the current.

#55 3 years ago

OK, so rested my back a bit. I wrapped each board in foam, with two back to back like jlcpcb shipped them. I then divided the parts up. They are in static bags. Nothing should be hard to identify, so I just put them in the same bag. If you have questions identifying parts, ping me(or look them up on mouser). The amps got their own container to protect the pins. Molex headers went into ziplock bags. I cut up a shipping tube for the IC. Take anti static precautions.
    That's all based on the non surface mount component list. I did my best to guarantee everything is there. Let me know if I missed anything.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

OK, so rested my back a bit. I wrapped each board in foam, with two back to back like jlcpcb shipped them. I then divided the parts up. They are in static bags. Nothing should be hard to identify, so I just put them in the same bag. If you have questions identifying parts, ping me(or look them up on mouser). The amps got their own container to protect the pins. Molex headers went into ziplock bags. I cut up a shipping tube for the IC. Take anti static precautions.
    That's all based on the non surface mount component list. I did my best to guarantee everything is there. Let me know if I missed anything.

You're a good man! I'll wheel my Space Shuttle back into the living room this week and get everything ready.

Thanks for coordinating everything.
    -- Jimmy

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Compy:

I've got blanks as well as whatever is in this order. I'll give you a shout as soon as mine gets in and we can get you set up! I've sent out blanks of the APC rev 2.4 boards before and I think I have 3 of those sitting on the racks, though I haven't reviewed all the changes between that revision and the current.

Awesome! Thanks! Also have some blank system 11 display pcbs if you need those

#58 3 years ago

Everyone should have received a tracking # in a PM today. I plugged each one in to USPS to make sure I typed it right, but please double check tomorrow.

#59 3 years ago

One thing I thought I mentioned, but going back I don't see. It called for 3 LEDs(red, yellow and green). They were backordered on yellow, so I ended up buying 2x of the red ones.

#60 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

Should be here by Thursday, which means all weekend to tinker.

-- Jimmy

#61 3 years ago

Thank you! Can't wait to get the box!

#62 3 years ago

Box received! Excellent packaging! I even got free comics
    Thanks for the hard work Mike!

PXL_20210128_012944287 (resized).jpgPXL_20210128_012944287 (resized).jpg
    #63 3 years ago
    Quoted from matiou:

Box received! Excellent packaging! I even got free comics
    Thanks for the hard work Mike![quoted image]

Haha, got mine today too! Looking forward to putting on some TOPCast podcasts and soldering this up!

Thanks again ThatOneDude

-- Jimmy

#64 3 years ago

Thanks! Hopefully, we'll all be trading tips and building games soon!

#65 3 years ago

And, the last box is on it's way to Canada. So, that is that.
    I think we can go back to the main APC thread for actual tech discussions. I'll likely solder mine up this weekend. Have a lot on my plate for work.

#66 3 years ago

Package received!

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this project. Mike!

Bruce

#67 3 years ago

Also received mine, thanks for doing the leg work on this!

#68 3 years ago

Hey, I got my board soldered up, programmed my Due on the bench, and started he “initial tests”, but nothing happened. Seems the Due is dragging down my 5v. It’s reading about a half a volt with the Due plugged in, but goes to a full 5v when I remove the Due. I measure essentially a short from the 5v pin to the Gnd pin.
    When I plug the due into the usb cable on my bench, no more leds. So yeah, I think I killed my due.

I’m new to Arduinos, and I guess I bought a knockoff from Amazon. Is this something where I need to buy an official due? Is this a common thing? What can I check to make sure I don’t blow my replacement, too?

Thanks,
    Jeff

#69 3 years ago

Odd. First, don't trash the Due yet. Let it cool all the way down and try the computer connection again.
    Then start looking for solder bridges. I'll try to finish mine in the next day or so and see if I find something similar. Did anyone else have trouble?
    Also, we should move this to the main APC thread.

3 months later
    #70 2 years ago

Bummed that I missed this! ThatOneDude is the man! Do you suppose there is enough interest to do a second run or is that completely off the table?

#71 2 years ago

I'm probably not up to doing another run like that, but it's not hard to get it done. Go to the main thread and ask how many people would be up for a new run. Alternatively, you could just order 5x or so of the boards and offer them for sale.
    If you have questions about the ordering process, I could try to answer them for you.

#72 2 years ago

Totally understand. That's a lot of time and energy! I'm not in any rush at the moment and appreciate the discourse. I'll try to get my ducks in a row first and shoot you a PM when I'm ready. Thanks again!

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arduino-pinball-controller-group-purchase/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.