Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mocean
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2387.jpg
IMG_2390.jpg
Cgosms_2014-09-2209-29-29.jpg
Untitled3.png
Untitled2.png
IMG_20141006_182826.jpg
image-980.jpg
image-227.jpg
image-7.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radpsxlist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

This thread recently inspired me to take the Arduino plunge. A few weeks back I picked up a Brunswick Alive Machine. The circuit board appeared to be fried. Everything had power, I even tested voltage to the board. After calling a few places around town I decided I could buy an Arduino and most of the parts for what they wanted to just look at this machine. So I ordered parts and Mocean was nice enough to send me some code to get me started. The game is very close to being complete now: lights, sounds, and game logic. The only thing that is really missing is allowing multi-player, which I'll be adding in shortly.

Untitled2.png
Untitled3.png
IMG_20141006_182826.jpg

2 weeks later
#25 4 years ago

I need to update with some new photos. For the Alive Machine thus far I have replaced all the rubber, replaced lights with leds, I've added more lights where the playfield was a bit dark, I replaced the popper body with a new one and lit it up, I moved the side switches in the matrix to their own lines since they were shared with the spinners, I've replaced the stand ups with actual ones I got off eBay instead of micro switches. This weekend I added a SD card to the arduino to keep track of the high score. Game is almost complete. I even had a friend with musical abilities help me add in intro music, it now plays the tagline of Elvis Viva Las Vegas. I keep kicking around the idea of multi-player. I think it would take a bit more coding, but at the same time I've never liked playing one as multi-player and having to take turns after every ball. So we'll just see on that one. lol Mine still looks a bit prototyped with all the little wires running everywhere, even though all the boards are attached inside the head. I might get a wild hair one weekends and solder everything to one big circuit board, but probably not. I am in the market for another one, so if I do find one I will probably do that on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 21.00
$ 30.00
$ 4.00
Electronics
Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 10.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 10.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radpsxlist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside