5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cabuford
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Ok - let's get it out of the way. Virtual pinball sucks. It's not real pinball - etc etc....I get that. It's not the same- and it's not real. I own a number of real machines but that's not why I'm posting.

Over the weekend I lost cabinet access on my VirtuaPin via The Pinball Arcade due to a PBA "server issue" on Steam. Arcooda said it was Farsight's issue.

In the summer I had paid $150 to get full cabinet 3 screen access to my tables on my cabinet - via an unlock key from Arcooda Pinball. It's actually pretty awesome.

It was fixed yesterday, but I had to reset literally everything to get it working again after I re-entered my key. I did not realize that my key is dependent their server authentication. I thought I had purchased a permanent unlock.

I hate to say it - but based on this, if Farsight/PBA should go under - I think we literally lose everything.

Does anyone know more than I do for "legacy" support on Steam?

Arcooda offered to sell me a full off line set for $500(!!) - but I've already spent almost that over the years including the $150 this past June. I just can't justify another $500. If push came to shove I'll sell my virtual machine and just add to my collection

If it goes under (PBA) - I know we currently have PinballFX (and yes it does look better in many ways) but I'd hate to start over with a smaller collection.

Thoughts?

#2 5 years ago

Ugh. I got conned into the $150 as well, as I had already purchased 5 seasons of tables. Ironically (or not) I play most of these in VPX anyway. And the FX3 versions are looking nice, I didn't think the license would get picked up that quickly. I could never get PBA to play well with my cab controls or Pinball X either. I haven't used the Arcooda version much because I need a better dedicated PC to run my cabinet.

Maybe I'll dive back in this weekend, been focused on the real thing too much recently

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcooda-cabinet-support-the-pinball-arcade?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.