Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Russell
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    26-archer-Johnwilliams2.w529.h352_(resized).jpg
    d785d5af4dada16e3af2b39d625d85b5_(resized).jpg
    9211d412c548d74ff0b79c3777714de3_(resized).jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

I hope there are Frisky Dingo Easter eggs.

#52 7 years ago

Rampage!!!!

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Now what do you mean by that comment?
    Ive never heard of this archer. . Can someone explain what it is ? .
    Must be an American thing as im in Australia and never heard of it

Archer is an animated show that used to be funny (the first season was hilarious). My comment was one of the repeated jokes throughout the show.

#54 7 years ago

#55 7 years ago

RAMPage mode was added in the latest code...

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

RAMPage mode was added in the latest code...

This game just seems to get better and better.

If it never gets produced could you guys at least build an extra one to sell/donate to PAPA so we all can play it there? Seriously love this project, it rocks.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

bwahaha.... hahahahahaha.... hahahahahahaha!!! Archer... family friendly?? Seriously?!?
    If the Archer call outs are family friendly, then they sampled sound clips from the wrong show.

I guess I consider anything that doesn't actually say Fnck or have gratuitous nudity to be family friendly. I guess some of the violence may be strong for kids, I haven't watched the show in a while and don't remember how graphic it is. FYI I don't have kids but if I did I they could watch pretty much whatever they wanted. Maybe family friendly was the wrong term, maybe PG13 fits archer better.

#58 7 years ago

This is my dream theme. Here is some MPAA information.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486217/parentalguide#certification

TV-MA in Murica and 14A in Canada.

#59 7 years ago

I'd take one.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gorno:

Here is some MPAA information.

There's dipswitch settings for G, PG, PG-13, R.

Now to add that dipswitch on the P-ROC somewhere...

#61 7 years ago

Elwin Segway - Anyone know where to get the pinball 101 video as a stream? Seen the preview on YouTube but there doesn't seem to be a buy option. Don't carry a portable DVD player with me...

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Elwin Segway - Anyone know where to get the pinball 101 video as a stream? Seen the preview on YouTube but there doesn't seem to be a buy option. Don't carry a portable DVD player with me...

Are you able to buy/rent the video here?

#63 7 years ago

Sterling Archer: I'm Going to make Them pay for it!
    Malory Archer: What are you ...? Sterling, NO! Your not well! What are you going to do?
    Sterling Archer: Cry "Havoc", and let slip the hogs of war!
    Lana: "Dogs" ..of War.
    Sterling Archer: What ever farm animal of war Lana! ... Shut up!

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Are you able to buy/rent the video here?
    » YouTube video

It always gives me the preview on my phone but no way to purchase. Maybe I need to try a desktop PC. Does it give you the option?

#65 7 years ago

I was very impressed with the Archer prototype that was shown at Arcade Expo earlier this year. Didn't know the theme, but it was a fun game to play with some very cool and clever shots. Not sure if this would be something for Stern (while they say they are open for third party designs the only one they did so far was with a designer that used to work at Stern and teamed with someone currently working at Stern. That's all fine, but if that is how it works then it's not likely that someone they don't know can show them a design and get the green light - although I'd love to see that happen. If Stern would be interested in Archer I can only hope they will let the Elwin brothers do the design). Hopefully Spooky or JJP are interested and already acted on this.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No there is only one. People are speculating how it might be finalized and then produced in quantities that keep pricing reasonable. But carry on.

Did some one start one and then change it? I see 2 on youtube. One has a few ramps, 2 screens, and a head on the playfield, the other has a lower playfield, and the crazy multiple orbit loop shots.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

It always gives me the preview on my phone but no way to purchase. Maybe I need to try a desktop PC. Does it give you the option?

Yes, a 2500 day "rental" for $8.99. So basically 7 years or so. Kinda weird.

#68 7 years ago

I would love to see this pin getting some love from one of the companies producing machines.

I have no special attachment to the theme, but it seems to be an overall cool theme that you do not need to have any special feelings towards to enjoy.

The most important thing is the design. Judging from video clips and pictures, I am simply amazed at how cool the design looks and how much cool stuff they are able to fit on a standard playfield. The use of the upper flippers and their shots is simply breathtaking.

Something about this design brings me warm and fuzzy twilight zone thoughts. Not that they are very similar. I just get the same kind of "Mad genius at work" thoughts,(if that makes any sense) when seeing this in action.

How about an Elwin Brothers/Pat Lawler co-production at JJP?

Heigway has already said that they would welcome good designs from new designers and they appear to be very much open
    to new ideas, so that could also be a good option

No matter who goes for it, this machine needs to begin production right now!

Great, great work, sk8ball!

#70 7 years ago

The Archer theme would sell well. It's Johnny Quest meets South Park, ignorant but funny as heck!
    Mark me down for one.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from karl:

Great, great work, sk8ball!

Thank you! The Archer theme was chosen because of the quick one liner quotes and between Archer's weapons and cars and Krieger's gadgets there was enough material there and then some. When we took it to Arcade Expo we were both surprised that most of the UK people there have never heard of the show. So I am guessing that is why Stern has never pursued the license.

We are bringing the game to Pin-a-Go Go next month. I haven't updated the blog in awhile because we are doing non-sexy stuff right now (Adding multi-players, ball save, better ball tracking, high scores ect as well as prototyping some metal ramps.) The only real mechanical change since AE is the center elevator ramp which we will show soon.

#72 7 years ago

It may not be a huge international release, but I think Stern's vision for "studio" games is a bit different. My impression is that their idea was to make some small runs of niche games. That sounds perfect for Archer.

I wonder if anyone has a link to Gary discussing his intent for the "studio" games...I'd be curious.

Spooky might be an interesting option as well. They are growing slowly and the (presumed) size of their next run might fit the demand pretty well.

3 weeks later
    #73 7 years ago

So this..

And this.....

Are the same? I told yall there were two and everyone said no...this looks like two different Archer pins to me....?

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So this..
    » YouTube video
    And this.....
    » YouTube video
    Are the same? I told yall there were two and everyone said no...this looks like two different Archer pins to me....?

Very interesting. And very similar.

All the cut-out character stand-ups on the second one seem kinda cheesy, but I guess there aren't any action figures to put in as toys.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Thank you! The Archer theme was chosen because of the quick one liner quotes and between Archer's weapons and cars and Krieger's gadgets there was enough material there and then some. When we took it to Arcade Expo we were both surprised that most of the UK people there have never heard of the show. So I am guessing that is why Stern has never pursued the license.
    We are bringing the game to Pin-a-Go Go next month. I haven't updated the blog in awhile because we are doing non-sexy stuff right now (Adding multi-players, ball save, better ball tracking, high scores ect as well as prototyping some metal ramps.) The only real mechanical change since AE is the center elevator ramp which we will show soon.

Thank you very much for bringing it! That double loop shot felt so satisfying, i couldn't get enough of it. Also i LOVED the jump target, and the machine gun sounds made me want to hit the target over and over. Also, i really liked the beacon light effect but i wish there was a lit insert under the ramp to let me know to shoot it when the beacon light went off. Didnt realize that i was supposed to shoot under there until it was too late Great job, great theme, and thanks again for letting us test it out all weekend, if these ever become available for purchase ill be signing up day one.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

IN for minimum of a Pro, but likely a premium that comes with your own Ocelot.

Pro/Premium is stern's BS business model... if boutiques start to pull that crap I'll be automatically out.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damon:

Thank you very much for bringing it! That double loop shot felt so satisfying, i couldn't get enough of it. Also i LOVED the jump target, and the machine gun sounds made me want to hit the target over and over. Also, i really liked the beacon light effect but i wish there was a lit insert under the ramp to let me know to shoot it when the beacon light went off. Didnt realize that i was supposed to shoot under there until it was too late Great job, great theme, and thanks again for letting us test it out all weekend, if these ever become available for purchase ill be signing up day one.

The Saturday night code update added the under ramp insert lights back in so you must have played it before then. Thanks for the positive feedback... sorry the rocket launcher motor crapped out. New one on order!

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

The Saturday night code update added the under ramp insert lights back in so you must have played it before then. Thanks for the positive feedback... sorry the rocket launcher motor crapped out. New one on order!

Sk8ball,

Thanks for bringing archer to PaGG it was great to play again. Seeing my friends get a chance to play after I told them how much it impressed me at arcade expo was awesome.

Keep up the hard work brother. We are all gunning for a green light on this title.

I'll see if I can dig up the picture of Isis standing in front of the ISIS screen.

#79 7 years ago

love those pop bumpers.

#80 7 years ago

That Archer layout is awesome, I would be in!

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

I guess I consider anything that doesn't actually say Fnck or have gratuitous nudity to be family friendly. .

So you think: "maybe you should shut your dick holster" is appropriate for kindergartners?

#82 7 years ago

I'd be in for sure.

#83 7 years ago

Definitely one of the highlights of PAGG. Thanks for bringing it ...

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mamushka:

So you think: "maybe you should shut your dick holster" is appropriate for kindergartners?

Why wouldn't it be? We all have dick holsters don't we? I assume dick holster means mouth and not vagina.

But I see your point. I don't have kids and haven't watched the show for quite some time so I may not have remembered how blue it was. I also try not to get hung up on if any words are appropriate for children, little old ladies, or the easily offended. Granted, I probably wouldn't use the phrase "dick holster" at work, so I'll retract my statement of family friendly.

On another point, this layout is just flat out awesome, regardless of theme this layout needs to make it to production. Great job sk8ball!

#85 7 years ago

Layout looks awesome and I don't even like Archer. IN for sure.

#86 7 years ago

I would be very surprised if Stern were to make this. Archer is practically unknown outside the US. What percentage of Stern sales are export ?

#87 7 years ago

Still surprised Chitown's post was just glossed over. What's the story behind these two very similar pins?

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from CobraClutch:

Still surprised Chitown's post was just glossed over. What's the story behind these two very similar pins?

"Very similar"? How? That they both chose the same cult TV show to build a homebrew game? Because that's really the only commonality at all.

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I would be very surprised if Stern were to make this. Archer is practically unknown outside the US. What percentage of Stern sales are export ?

I live in Belgium and here it is on Fox, so not that unknown. Would also consider a pin (I have the FX2 version already) about Archer.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

I live in Belgium and here it is on Fox, so not that unknown. Would also consider a pin (I have the FX2 version already) about Archer.

I had never heard of it until I saw this thread. Don't get me wrong it looks like it could be an interesting theme but sales tend not to be very good on games that are very US orientated.

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I had never heard of it until I saw this thread. Don't get me wrong it looks like it could be an interesting theme but sales tend not to be very good on games that are very US orientated.

Agreed that Archer isn't a widely known license and unlikely on Stern's radar. But if a game is fun enough I buy it regardless of license (Mustang, Ripleys, Metallica) are games in my collection I like despite no interest in the theme. Spooky would be a likely candidate to ever make one given their business model of short runs to add to the collectibility.

#93 7 years ago

Spooky Pinball would be a far better candidate than Stern to do this title. They don't export much...

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

From what I've seen of the layout this would be a very fun pin. Plus Archer is very popular, clip art would be fine, the call outs are funny as hell but still mostly family friendly. If stern is gonna do it they should do it quick. Not sure how long Archer will be around, things just don't last these days, IMO.

plenty of things last

Archer - Season 7 still airing
    American Dad - Season 13 still airing
    Family Guy - Season 14 still airing
    Simpsons - Season 27 still airing
    Fairly OddParents - Season 10 still airing
    Power Rangers - Season 23 still airing

I hope Stern does not make an Archer pin because that I would HAVE to buy immediately! lol

#95 7 years ago

In watching the videos, I really liked what Keith has done with the playfield design. It looks awesome.

7 months later
    #96 7 years ago

I hear Keith is working for Stern. Is it possible that Archer is now under development!?! Keith, can you confirm?

#97 7 years ago

Keith is no longer active on these forums.

#98 7 years ago

Does that mean that he just hasn't posted in a while? He may not be able to say anything, but he's a nice guy, maybe he'll tell us what he can.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Does that mean that he just hasn't posted in a while? He may not be able to say anything, but he's a nice guy, maybe he'll tell us what he can.

Nope. It means he deliberately went into his settings page and clicked deactivate.

#100 7 years ago

That's a shame. I know he's still active on the other forum, maybe we'll get some info there.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-sterns-next-studio-title/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.