image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#398 7 years ago

Why.. Are all of these video now unavailable?

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Elwin just announced he was working as a designer for Stern. I'm guessing they asked him to shut everything down and delete record of it.

if so... I find it bad form and really anti-Pinhead to remove videos he already published. That right there would end any "relationship" I had with the guy.

If Stern or the copyright holders made him pull it... then that freaking BS. You need to be upfront with the community ... not rip the carpet our from under them.

Ofcourse it's all speculation - but silence would pretty much confirm the situation.
I'm happy for the guy... but honestly; in either case - I really don't like the heavy handed bullsh1t that appears to have just gone down.

#405 7 years ago

Not sure I agree. Wholesale deleting of a homebrew project is pretty bad, imho

#425 7 years ago

You guys really think it's "ok" to remove the videos?
In no realm of reality would any employer expect for a employee to remove work already published.

So you are saying that when Aurich took the job at Heighway.... he was required to take down art he already published?
That's crazy talk and NOT typical.

What happen here is just plain wrong. Yeah; it's the OPs right to do with it as he pleases. But IN MY BOOK; it isn't right.
I'm entitled to my opinion as are yours.

I personally do not like what happened here... If stern is behind it... then F them.
If the OP did this because he felt he had to... well so be it.

IMHO; this looks bad. *IF* stern ships Archer... IMHO; it'll be a cheapen hulk of it's former glory... why? because I find it REAL suspect that they made him take down his previous work (IE there is a comparison they are trying to avoid).

TBH; I feel we'll never hear from the OP... he'll go into the black hole of Stern Employees on Public forums. We'll never hear his side... and you guys will be fine with it.

#440 7 years ago

Argh.
I really don't understand why you guys are "OK" with this.
At this point; time to drain this thread as there is no NO HOPE for a explaination from the OP.
IMHO; this guy is now on my "list" for being a tool.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironic, because I just put you on that same "list."

That's ok. Feeling is mutual.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I assume you've never talked with Keith at all... because how anyone who has even OBSERVED him, let alone hung out, can come to such a conclusion is mindboggling.

Correct; I only have this behavior to base it upon.

I would NEVER dream of deleting my home brew project(s) unless I was being sued and the Court and/or my Lawyer advised me to do so to minimize financial damage.

Maybe he really is a cool guy... but If stern had asked me to do this as a pre-curser to being hired... I'd have seriously considered not taking the job.

So; in summary - I'm happy for the guy. Just not happy with the way he treated the community.

#464 7 years ago

Dude... There is a concept here.... we share information for the well being of the hobby.
So yeah; I feel like he took good concepts and put them back in his toy box.
His right; sure. But it's still wrong in my box.

So; This is the last post I will make on the subject.
SDTM

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-home-brew-pinball-machine-blog?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.