image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

if so... I find it bad form and really anti-Pinhead to remove videos he already published. That right there would end any "relationship" I had with the guy.
If Stern or the copyright holders made him pull it... then that freaking BS. You need to be upfront with the community ... not rip the carpet our from under them.
Ofcourse it's all speculation - but silence would pretty much confirm the situation.
I'm happy for the guy... but honestly; in either case - I really don't like the heavy handed bullsh1t that appears to have just gone down.

You are being ridiculous.

Any company, including JJP, Heighway etc. would not have done any differently. I'm sure Keith knew exactly what would be required of him before taking the job, and he took it down *voluntarily*.

Heavy handed bullshit? Really?

Edit: if anything, the fact that he took these videos down is a positive thing to me, because it means it's more likely that this design is going to be released by Stern.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

There are plenty of sources out there if people really still wanna see what it looks like. Man this is good news for the community and it's sad that people are trying to find a negative spin on the subject.

Sad indeed. But not surprising, unfortunately.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Argh.
I really don't understand why you guys are "OK" with this.
At this point; time to drain this thread as there is no NO HOPE for a explaination from the OP.
IMHO; this guy is now on my "list" for being a tool.

Ironic, because I just put you on that same "list."

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ah, glad to see some videos survived. It's documentation of pinball history. Defending that being erased is really baffling to me.
I get it, people are negative and shitty on this forum to Stern. Over and over and people are tired of it. Fine. But don't start white knighting every stupid thing they do in response. That's not helpful.
I'm sure Keith had his reasons to pull them, and I really and truly wish him success at Stern. I don't know him well, but I've played Archer and talked to him about it, and seeing it manifest as a real game in some fashion would be awesome.
But whatever comes out I want to be able to pull up the old videos and say "check this out, this is what it started as". It's why we geek out over whitewoods and prototypes and cool old stories. Don't throw history under the bus just because you're excited about some new game that might come out.

Oh please, you are being overly dramatic.

"Pinball history?" Really? As though this was some important piece in time where there was an quantum shift in the pinball world that really needs to be documented as part of "history" for fear that it will be lost in time forever?

And the "white knighting" accusations are getting old and tired. Just because someone takes a position that seems favorable to Stern doesn't equate to "white knighting" or being a "fanboy" etc. To many of us, it's called common sense.

I bet the very company that you worked with on Alien would have made the exact same request of Keith.

In addition to the above, as was pointed out early on, there are several sources where many of the videos can still be found. Even if that wasn't the case, I'm sure that Keith still has all of those videos saved on his computer, so they can always be shared again in case they become important "pinball history."

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

I still have pieces of history scattered about my garage floor, and a blob of history where my paint can nozzle dripped flat black...

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So; in summary - I'm happy for the guy. Just not happy with the way he treated the community.

Yep. Keith really shat all over the entire pinball community! I can't believe that jackass had the audacity to take a job at Stern and take down his videos. F' that guy!

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Dude... There is a concept here.... we share information for the well being of the hobby.

Seems to me that something very positive came out of Keith sharing his Archer design with the pinball community. He got a fucking job at Stern!!

That certainly seems to be for the "well being of the hobby" to me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-home-brew-pinball-machine-blog?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.