image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

Wow, so many cool things on the machine. I'm not an Archer fan, but the layout is solid. The small flipper placement will obviously draw comparison to Twilight Zone. I'm talking specifically about the "camera" and "piano" shots. If that was indeed the inspiration it would be fun to play homage to that. Maybe a similar sound effect interrupted by a snide comment from Archer. Nothing too overused, maybe only in a certain mode.

I had to keep watching the add-a-ball video to figure out what was happening. There's a lot going on to setup that shot. I understand the "manual" feature, but what about returning balls at the end of the game. There must me some type of automatic ejection feature that's not shown in the video.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

The RL when down has a top piece (not seen in this old vid) which can divert from the VUK to the left orbit. The top piece also prevents any airball from landing in there. If absolutely needed a release post could be added to the left side to unload the balls but at this time I see no reason to implement that.

I'm not sure I understand. I guess my question is what happens if an a ball is loaded into the rocket launcher but not earned during the game. Wouldn't the ball remain there at the start of the next game?

#73 8 years ago

I'm sure it's well thought out. Having an option of "stealing" in multiplayer is a good idea. Hopefully something that could be turned off or on during the settings. Obviously some would like the added competition / strategy others want everything to be perfectly fair.

2 years later
#495 6 years ago

I would prefer Deadpool too as I'm a litter burnt out on music themes. Such a cool looking layout though. I'm sure it will be a hit if they can deliver that design.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-home-brew-pinball-machine-blog?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.