image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

Do you want an awesome pinball? Because that's how you get an awesome pinball.

4 months later
#244 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Then there was a huge onslaught of negative comments about how the person doing this has no life and should be doing better things than working on a pinball machine for himself.

What a bunch of losers. How little life do you have to have to make yourself feel better by putting other people down like that?

2 months later
#288 8 years ago

That's bad ass man, really clever idea for a video mode that feels right.

Suggestion: would it be possible to light up the drums if you hit them right? Would be a really helpful visual cue on where to focus and how to adjust.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

It's a pinball machine, not a videogame dammit!

You lose that moral high ground when you put a video mode in your pinball machine!

#299 8 years ago

Pinball is corrupting the morals of the youth!

2 weeks later
#308 8 years ago

Archer will make it's public debut at Arcade Expo 2016 in Banning, CA!

Yes!

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Also, I guess the awesome theme doesn't hurt either.

I love Archer. It's a great theme. But I have to admit, I kind of wish it was dinos and monster trucks, only because that would mean a much better chance of this getting made some day.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

If Spooky passes, I'd be interested. We got this new space lined-up and nothing to build yet!

I want to see this happen! Keith, talk to Aaron, he's got crazy ideas that might just work out for you.

1 week later
#344 8 years ago

The game was great. Had a really nice chat with Randy about how he was handling a lot of the code, always interesting to see how other people are doing things.

Big thanks to Keith and Randy for bringing it out to Arcade Expo!

11 months later
#415 7 years ago

It sucks that pinball history is erased. Who cares why.

#431 7 years ago

Ah, glad to see some videos survived. It's documentation of pinball history. Defending that being erased is really baffling to me.

I get it, people are negative and shitty on this forum to Stern. Over and over and people are tired of it. Fine. But don't start white knighting every stupid thing they do in response. That's not helpful.

I'm sure Keith had his reasons to pull them, and I really and truly wish him success at Stern. I don't know him well, but I've played Archer and talked to him about it, and seeing it manifest as a real game in some fashion would be awesome.

But whatever comes out I want to be able to pull up the old videos and say "check this out, this is what it started as". It's why we geek out over whitewoods and prototypes and cool old stories. Don't throw history under the bus just because you're excited about some new game that might come out.

#471 7 years ago

This forum has become so black and white. Why can't you be happy for Keith, excited about the game potential, and still be disappointed some cool videos that will be interesting to compare against in a couple years are gone?

Zitt is acting like a tool. Don't diss Keith. And don't act entitled. I'm simply saying I think it sucks. Not because I'm owed anything, just because I like history and the hobby is cooler with more documentation, not less.

If there was a video of a prototype of Alien3 before it became BSD would you want to see it? I would!

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Have you asked Keith if he could send you copies of the videos for personal viewing?
If he says he can't, oh well... you've learned rule #1: don't trust the permanence of the internet. If you see something you may want to look at in the future, download it now. Life happens, and stuff goes away with no notice (was: re: clay's guides... etc)

True that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-home-brew-pinball-machine-blog?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.