image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg
There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 8 years ago

Would Keith or Randy be opposed to me posting up the ~20 presentation from 12:30 on Saturday? I got a chance to thank Keith for bringing the machine, but don't know if I got to say thanks to Randy in person, so thanks Randy.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

True fans will get this from the San Diego zoo

0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg

Were they piss-reeking?

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

True fans will get this from the San Diego zoo

0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg

babou!

Babou_(resized).pngBabou_(resized).png

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Would Keith or Randy be opposed to me posting up the ~20 presentation from 12:30 on Saturday? I got a chance to thank Keith for bringing the machine, but don't know if I got to say thanks to Randy in person, so thanks Randy.

Yep that's fine if anyone finds it interesting Next time hopefully we have more time to prepare and can show pics of the build process.

#355 8 years ago

My wife actually said this area reaks of cat piss (near the penguins) then I turned around and saw the signs haha "look at his tuffted ears"

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

... but don't know if I got to say thanks to Randy in person, so thanks Randy.

You're welcome!

#357 8 years ago

After fighting with YT (on my phone) for a while, finally got the file uploaded. Great making-of conversations in this one:

#358 8 years ago

Will there be a easter egg to Sealab

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

My wife actually said this area reaks of cat piss (near the penguins) then I turned around and saw the signs haha "look at his tuffted ears"

It was probably like meowschwitz in there

#360 8 years ago

Initially throught it was an amazing art package - and sound - you'd been able to create for this game. Now I realise it is off a TV show, yeah. Why not - super agent is a great theme and the artwork is awesome.

I really like that this game shows a some new ideas to "core pinball". Flow, shot patterns and mechanics. I have been wondering why Stern have not tried to shake things a little bit. And done something like locating a ramp out where the orbit shot usually is to see at options that brings along. Like this.

Question. Does the right orbit and right inner loop shots always feed the upper left flipper? And what about shots to the centre ramp that goes left. Or will some shots drool out of the lane behind the flipper?

I was also thinking that the upper left flipper could come in play via the post in modes and such on a direct shot from the right flipper->spinner->post->upper left flipper. Or maybe as a race via the inlane like Thing Flips.

Good luck on this.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Well first of all, holy shit at another pinball fan in Ladera Ranch, and to answer your question: at the Arcade Expo 2016 in Banning!

Oh cool another Ladera Ranch person! I'm probably the only person in the city who is single without kids so I can spend money on toys like pinball machines fortunately.

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Initially throught it was an amazing art package - and sound - you'd been able to create for this game. Now I realise it is off a TV show, yeah. Why not - super agent is a great theme and the artwork is awesome.
I really like that this game shows a some new ideas to "core pinball". Flow, shot patterns and mechanics. I have been wondering why Stern have not tried to shake things a little bit. And done something like locating a ramp out where the orbit shot usually is to see at options that brings along. Like this.
Question. Does the right orbit and right inner loop shots always feed the upper left flipper? And what about shots to the centre ramp that goes left. Or will some shots drool out of the lane behind the flipper?
I was also thinking that the upper left flipper could come in play via the post in modes and such on a direct shot from the right flipper->spinner->post->upper left flipper. Or maybe as a race via the inlane like Thing Flips.
Good luck on this.

Yes, right orbit, inner loop always feed upper left flipper. Shooting range target is about 60-40 left flipper feeds to right flipper feeds.
Check out the up post in action as you describe at the 3:23 mark

#363 8 years ago

very cool layout and games guys, nice work and in the video on post #357 I really like the backglass art as well as the ease to remove - big thumbs up

3 months later
#364 7 years ago

Mini blog update. Archer will be at Pin a Go Go '16!

Updates since last update:
Multi player game support
ball save
2x & 3x playfield scoring during Rocket Launcher multiball
Center mission start up/down ramp now functional
Rocket Launcher rotating beacon installed
Flipper Animation abort
Left ramp wireform installed

latest footage:

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Mini blog update. Archer will be at Pin a Go Go '16!

Awesome! I can't wait to try this game if possible!

#367 7 years ago

was that a big lebowski callout hidden in there?

#368 7 years ago

I don't even watch the show, but that layout just looks phenomenal.

#369 7 years ago

very cool, love the rotating flashers

#370 7 years ago

I'd think this machine looked completely awesome even if i wasn't a huge fan of the show (which i am). So.... double awesome?

Also, showed the vid to my wife and, congratulations sir, you've officially made the first pinball machine that she's actually ever encouraged me to buy should it ever become available.

#371 7 years ago

It reminds me a bit of Fun House, but with more flow & less frustration. Good stuff.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Updates since last update:
Multi player game support
ball save

An understatement!
Archer's control codebase was rewritten in Python (from C) using PyProcGameHD Framework.
After 4 weeks of coding (and learning Python) it's almost hands-off playable, but a bit more work to do.
Thanks to rosh and mocean for helping me get it up and running.
-r

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

An understatement!
Archer's control codebase was rewritten in Python (from C) using PyProcGameHD Framework.
After 4 weeks of coding (and learning Python) it's almost hands-off playable, but a bit more work to do.
Thanks to rosh and mocean for helping me get it up and running.
-r

Sorry I skipped the boring stuff Now fix that rocket launcher sound effect already!

#374 7 years ago

Always excited to see updates to this thread. Love the theme, layout and with KME on the rules it's sure to have some good balanced gameplay. Really hope this finds it way to public consumption some day. Insta-buy for me if it does.

2 weeks later
#375 7 years ago

Archer is back home from PAGG 16! Rocket launcher motor crapped out so I installed a new one today and recorded some better test footage than the earlier May update.

#376 7 years ago

It's been nicely refined since I got to play it at Arcade Expo. Nice job guys. How much is in the game that was originally planned, and how much is left to do? Love the project and have enjoyed the updates so far.

#377 7 years ago

So you HAVE to hold the left flipper to make that orbit shot, or is that a design flaw you'll fix later? Otherwise lookin sweet. Cant wait to play at expo!

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So you HAVE to hold the left flipper to make that orbit shot, or is that a design flaw you'll fix later? Otherwise lookin sweet. Cant wait to play at expo!

Ive played it & you don't HAVE to hold the flipper up to make the shot. It just makes the shot wider like how if you hold the upper flipper shot up on TZ it makes the camera shot wider.

#379 7 years ago

Not at all. Plenty of room.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#380 7 years ago

Right on, just noticed in each video you hold it.

#381 7 years ago

Seriously, sell the ramps and mechs along with code and a precut/insert filled playfield and I'll build the rest of the cabinet, I want to play this thing!

#382 7 years ago

Man this game looks awesome! I really like what you guys have done with the layout. Makes for some great looping and nice flow.

I think that video mode is probably the coolest thing I've seen in years. I really like the drummer idea and hitting the flipper buttons in rhythm.

Great work..

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Right on, just noticed in each video you hold it.

The original idea was after 4 loops the upper flipper hold circuit would disable and the loops would be worth 2x loop jackpots. But we settled on the up-post coming up and hitting the opposing loop to start the looping jackpots.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Archer is back home from PAGG 16! Rocket launcher motor crapped out so I installed a new one today and recorded some better test footage than the earlier May update.
» YouTube video

If you can license and build these for $6.5k, I'll sign up for one now. Smooth shots, great dmd and audio, cool toys and the best license imho ..... Probably take a few years to complete a production approved model and Spooky will likely be selling their games for $6.5k, so mark them accordingly and watch Spooky build a few thousand of them. rooting for you to get this to the finish line. I wasn't a fan of the show until I starting reading this thread. Decided to watch a few seasons and now am hooked. Gimme Archer !!!

edit ** btw - a big obstacle faced by a first-time manufacturer is lack of a track record and questions about whether this infant manufacturer will be around in the long term, to provide service and parts. Spooky is showing that yes they can produce dependable games that are supported long after the sale. And it looks like they are here to stay. So hopefully you can work something out with them.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you can license and build these for $6.5k, I'll sign up for one now. Smooth shots, great dmd and audio, cool toys and the best license imho ..... Probably take a few years to complete a production approved model and Spooky will likely be selling their games for $6.5k, so mark them accordingly and watch Spooky build a few thousand of them. rooting for you to get this to the finish line. I wasn't a fan of the show until I starting reading this thread. Decided to watch a few seasons and now am hooked. Gimme Archer !!!
edit ** btw - a big obstacle faced by a first-time manufacturer is lack of a track record and questions about whether this infant manufacturer will be around in the long term, to provide service and parts. Spooky is showing that yes they can produce dependable games that are supported long after the sale. And it looks like they are here to stay. So hopefully you can work something out with them.

I agree with all of this, would love to see this as a Spooky game. As an AMH owner, and waiting on my RZ, I'd love to add Archer as well. Look great next to my six foot tall cardboard Archer cutout that is already in my game room. Available at Amazon if anyone else is looking for one.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I agree with all of this, would love to see this as a Spooky game. As an AMH owner, and waiting on my RZ, I'd love to add Archer as well. Look great next to my six foot tall cardboard Archer cutout that is already in my game room. Available at Amazon if anyone else is looking for one.

Oh man, Archer and Lana carboard cutout "siders" sounds like a great idea!

#387 7 years ago

This is one of the best themes & playfield layouts in a long time. Love that quick smokey and the bandit scene.."10-4"!! Hilarious!

#388 7 years ago

I really enjoyed playing this at PAGG - particularly when I found the Bert Reynolds bit! It also turned me from an Archer "meh" (I watched a few episodes of the first season when it came out and wasn't impressed) to an Archer Addict.

Thanks guys, hope to play it again soon!

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Look great next to my six foot tall cardboard Archer cutout that is already in my game room. Available at Amazon if anyone else is looking for one.

I also found a Glengoolie rocks glass last year on Amazon if you're into Archer swag.

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

#390 7 years ago

Thank you and I am! I have the book by Archer as well. It's pretty funny.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I also found a Glengoolie rocks glass last year on Amazon if you're into Archer swag.

"For the best of times"

3 weeks later
#393 7 years ago

Guess we have to start working on it again

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Guess we have to start working on it again

Archer: VE

Vice Edition

2 months later
#395 7 years ago

Any other action on this game ?

1 month later
#396 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any other action on this game ?

Archer has been on vacation since Arcade Expo. Finally getting some time to bang away on it again. Updating the video blog with some rule basics that are in the game at this point. Will continue to add to it as we go.

4 weeks later
#397 7 years ago

I was watching the recently posted gameplay video.

Does the game code acknowledge a double outlane drain, with that "cry" soundbyte? Neat, indeed.

Great game, looking better and better.

2 months later
#398 7 years ago

Why.. Are all of these video now unavailable?

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Elwin just announced he was working as a designer for Stern. I'm guessing they asked him to shut everything down and delete record of it.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Big brother Stern is all controlling!

There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-home-brew-pinball-machine-blog/page/8?hl=no_skill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.