Topic Stats

• 497 posts
  • 177 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by pinballwil
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dismissed (resized).jpg
bye-felicia (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Monster+Trucks+Poster (resized).jpg
ke (resized).png
d-n-mt2 (resized).jpg
d-n-mt1 (resized).jpg
1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg

There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 3 years ago

So cool.

#102 3 years ago

The want is strong with this one.

#103 3 years ago

Yes, a RUSH soundtrack would take it over the top. A Krieger van toy would be icing on the cake.

#104 3 years ago

You HAVE to visit Homepin (like Gary did), speak to that Roger bloke, and get this thing made. Such a great idea.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

You HAVE to visit Homepin (like Gary did), speak to that Roger bloke, and get this thing made. Such a great idea.

Gary who? Roger who?
Edit: oh, I get what you're saying. Thought you meant some guys called Gary and Roger went to Homepin.

I don't know how licensing could be gone about with this, but given Homepin is still unproven (though looking more solid every day) I reckon this would be more in Spooky's woodhouse.

Just hope Stern doesn't catch wind of this and pull a Kiss by hijacking the theme, because I can't see anyone else pulling off a design as unique and fun as this.

Side note: as soon as I heard Nate mention this on C2C I'm sure I had a flashback to the PAPA circuit final where Keith was wearing an Archer shirt. Am I misremembering?

Also, we need to hear "boop" each time the start button is pressed

#106 3 years ago

And the machine must call out "LANA" on a very regular basis

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

please add Rush songs. this is awesome sauce!!!

vanospheres for the win!

seriously though, this is amazing. you've really done a great job of capturing and incorporating the show into the game. great job sir!!

Quoted from cscmtp:

And the machine must call out "LANA" on a very regular basis

this could work great when the player is cradling the ball and/or when no switches have been hit for say 15 seconds or more (when the game goes into a ball search mode) with archer shouting "Lana!" progressively louder and louder (and ending with "I'm just saying" when the ball is found or a switch is hit by the player

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

vanospheres for the win!
seriously though, this is amazing. you've really done a great job of capturing and incorporating the show into the game. great job sir!!

this could work great when the player is cradling the ball and/or when no switches have been hit for say 15 seconds or more (when the game goes into a ball search mode) with archer shouting "Lana!" progressively louder and louder (and ending with "I'm just saying" when the ball is found or a switch is hit by the player

There are already some great quotes in there when you leave the ball sitting in the shooter lane too long. Don't wanna spoil all the surprises

#109 3 years ago

sk8ball:
are you planning on bringing this to expo this year? if so, I've got a bottle of glengoolie blue with your name on it!

#110 3 years ago

That's a bit of a drive so it better be damn fun by then if we are

#111 3 years ago

"He died doing what he did best... getting shot"

#112 3 years ago

Love those looooooooops!

#113 3 years ago

Probably just me, but I think the kickback should be Archer's car (Jeannie's) ejector seat.

#114 3 years ago

My coworker is not a pinhead and wants in on this game if it ever becomes a purchasable thing.

Looks so rad.

#115 3 years ago

Awesome layout! Very original. I wish the big manufactures would take notice and take some new risks with their playfield designs.

#116 3 years ago

Just found this thread and added it to my favorites to follow along. Very cool!

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My coworker is not a pinhead and wants in on this game if it ever becomes a purchasable thing.
Looks so rad.

hahah, my coworker as well

#118 3 years ago

That rocketlauncer is what we as pinfans have been missing for years!

Fun and interesting new toys. Stern pins have a dramatic lack of them. I can walk to any new Stern pin, take a look and know exactly what will be going on. It is just a collection of old toys and shots in a new lay out. Game after game after game the same.

Still fun games, sometimes great games, like ac dc prem. but they all lack the WOW factor. Which is a shame for the best pin company in the world. Atm.....

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Shaneus:

Just hope Stern doesn't catch wind of this and pull a Kiss by hijacking the theme, because I can't see anyone else pulling off a design as unique and fun as this.

It would be pretty sleazy. I know I would pass on an MFG who took the idea for their own mass production pin. I would support them if they worked with you to put your design into production. It looks like a fun machine to play.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

That rocketlauncer is what we as pinfans have been missing for years!
Fun and interesting new toys. Stern pins have a dramatic lack of them. I can walk to any new Stern pin, take a look and know exactly what will be going on. It is just a collection of old toys and shots in a new lay out. Game after game after game the same.
Still fun games, sometimes great games, like ac dc prem. but they all lack the WOW factor. Which is a shame for the best pin company in the world. Atm.....

I don't know... The hammer and locking jaw of snake on Metallica, Hulk on Avengers. Acdc and StarTrek are lame ducks but credit where due.
Reliable toys are pretty important, it could be the greatest toy conceived but it's not much chop if it only lasts 100 games.

#121 3 years ago

That hammer is just what i mean by old toys in a new lay out.

The hammer trick is stolen from the Genie, from TOTAN. 1996....... The snake jaw lock ball has been done so many times too.

And than i see in a topic by a homeuser, who makes his own pin, a fantastic toy. And the best company in the world, with all their assets and 'famous' lay out designers cant come up with one single new and fun to play toy in a decade of bringing out pins.

That is just poor. And this is why i think Stern slowly will lose their first spot. This, in combination with their horrible code policy.

#122 3 years ago

I presume you have it covered already but if you ever need a hand with software let me know, I'm local

#123 3 years ago

Going to be a problem with those custom Woodhouse callouts...

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

Going to be a problem with those custom Woodhouse callouts...

July 20th - 'Archer' Star Dies At 86: Remembering George Coe's Extensive Career And Best Moments As Woodhouse.

Today marks a sad day for fans of “Archer” and good comedy in general. George Coe, the actor that voiced Sterling Archer’s long-abused butler Woodhouse, died on Saturday in Santa Monica, Calif. at the age of 86.

http://www.ibtimes.com/archer-star-dies-86-remembering-george-coes-extensive-career-best-moments-woodhouse-2016316
archer.jpg

#125 3 years ago

May he enjoy fetching rugs in heaven.

#126 3 years ago

Just saw his "real" picture. So THAT's who he is! I remember him from the Not-Ready-for-Primetime-Players, among other things. RIP, Mr. Coe.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

May he enjoy fetching rugs in heaven.

And eating spiderwebs. And fetching sand to be rubbed in his eyes...

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

And eating spiderwebs. And fetching sand to be rubbed in his eyes...

Finding bliss with Reggie...

#129 3 years ago

Why are you talking about him like he's a person?

#130 3 years ago

Going to be an itchy day. RIP George.

#131 3 years ago

Prototype shooting range target. Time to add some code and test.

SANY0318.jpg

#132 3 years ago

Looks like it's time to re-paint the backboard as well!

#133 3 years ago

So side targets are 2x and middle is 3x of shooting range value built up by the pops. I'm assuming this scoring will be similar to the thing shot in TAF?

Also you wrote that these will light 2x and 3x playfield. Are you planning to make those easily qualified and have them as a more regular feature of the game? Do you think the multiplied playfields will have a short time span (like 5 seconds) to get just enough time to collect a JP value at the vari from the feed? Or more something on a longer timer...

#134 3 years ago

Right now I have 1 EM pin. It is a great but I like modern games too.

AC/DC? I love AC/DC. I've been listening to them for far longer than most people I would bet, well, since the beginning. But I don't know if I want to drop $5000-6000 for an AC/DC pin.

Metallica? I love Metallica. That is probably what I listen to more than anything else these days. Metallica rules. But I don't know if I want to drop $5000-6,000 for a Metallica pin.

Kiss? Are you kidding? Who doesn't worship Kiss? Again. Kiss fan favorite from their day 1. But I don't know if I want to drop $5,000-6,000 for a Kiss pin.

Tron Legacy? I am a big fan of the original Tron and I love Tron Legacy. That movie is caked with awesomeness. But I don't know if I want to drop $5,000-6000 for a Tron Legacy pin.

But THIS? Archer??? There are not enough OMGs in the world. I wouldn't even think twice about it, I will write the check right now and you can pretty much make the price whatever you want. I would swim through alligators for this. I will sell my TV, my car, whatever it takes.

By the way has anyone called Kenny Loggins yet?

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

So side targets are 2x and middle is 3x of shooting range value built up by the pops. I'm assuming this scoring will be similar to the thing shot in TAF?
Also you wrote that these will light 2x and 3x playfield. Are you planning to make those easily qualified and have them as a more regular feature of the game? Do you think the multiplied playfields will have a short time span (like 5 seconds) to get just enough time to collect a JP value at the vari from the feed? Or more something on a longer timer...

There are 4 areas on the range target that can be hit. Left outer, right outer, inner circle and bullseye each with their own lighting. Generic use will be to collect range bonus 1x outer, 2x inner, 3x bullseye. More feature oriented will be having to complete all 4 sections during certain missions and also having to hit the bullseye for the main multiball super jackpot. The playfield multiplier when qualified will either be 2x for the inner circle and 3x for bulls. And 1x for tanking

#136 3 years ago

I seriously can't express how much I want this game to be produced.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

By the way has anyone called Kenny Loggins yet?

I'll ask the K-Log for custom callouts next time I see him on the beach...
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/kenny-loggins-finds-danger-zone-chopper-lands-beach-article-1.2187620

#138 3 years ago

"Case Testing" Archer software...

S2130002.jpg

#139 3 years ago

Congula Light!

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

And 1x for tanking

Please, please let there be a good display effect/callout for that. Preferably one that's super hyped.
ONE !
EX !
PLAAAAAYFIELD ! (or whatever)
would make me very happy.

#141 3 years ago

He didn't have any microbrews in the fridge?

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Please, please let there be a good display effect/callout for that. Preferably one that's super hyped.
ONE !
EX !
PLAAAAAYFIELD ! (or whatever)
would make me very happy.

This is such a great idea. And then if you get 5X or whatever the max is have a ho hum "5x, good for you." type quote. Love this theme.

#143 3 years ago

Looks pretty good

#144 3 years ago

1. Holy Sh*tsnacks I want this. 2. It'd be amazing if there was a target mode on a timer called "Gundam Mode" where you have to hit shots to build the Gundam with bazookas for arms in the armory. 3. Holy Sh*tsnacks!

2 weeks later
#145 3 years ago

Archer custom pinball machine demo 2: Loop post and Shooting range target detailed.

#146 3 years ago

With each post, I want it more

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

With each post, I want it more

Phrasing?

#148 3 years ago

The juggling options with the addition of that post is amazing. This machine needs to be mass produced. Keep up the great work!

#149 3 years ago

Boom

#150 3 years ago

This is such an intelligent layout. I absolutely love the shots and flow. The ideas are so innovative and yet beautifully simple. I really hope that this design team can bring a game to market somehow but what they have already achieved is enough to convince me that there really are endless possibilities in the realm of pure, physical pinball. Hats off to you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 29.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 1,099.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside