image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg
There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

You're on my list for being insane. Why is this so important to you? This was his own personal project. He owes you nothing. If anything him taking it down is a good sign they will be making it. If not, it's his stuff, he can do with it whatever he wants. Why are you so passionate about this?!

He's just extremely entitled. Every time a new ColorDMD game is announced, he has to crybaby-bomb the thread with "WHY NOT STAR TREK!?!?!?!? WTF!?!?!? ME ME ME ME ME ME ME AND MINE!!!!!!"

#453 7 years ago

So what features will be stripped for the pro models?

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironic, because I just put you on that same "list."

That's ok. Feeling is mutual.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

At this point; time to drain this thread

Quoted from Zitt:

That's ok. Feeling is mutual.

bye-felicia (resized).jpgbye-felicia (resized).jpg

#456 7 years ago

Gotta love that RobT + RareHero dogpile!

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh please, you are being overly dramatic.
... in the pinball world that really needs to be documented as part of "history" for fear that it will be lost in time forever?

I still have pieces of history scattered about my garage floor, and a blob of history where my paint can nozzle dripped flat black...

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Argh.
I really don't understand why you guys are "OK" with this.
At this point; time to drain this thread as there is no NO HOPE for a explaination from the OP.
IMHO; this guy is now on my "list" for being a tool.

I assume you've never talked with Keith at all... because how anyone who has even OBSERVED him, let alone hung out, can come to such a conclusion is mindboggling.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I assume you've never talked with Keith at all... because how anyone who has even OBSERVED him, let alone hung out, can come to such a conclusion is mindboggling.

Correct; I only have this behavior to base it upon.

I would NEVER dream of deleting my home brew project(s) unless I was being sued and the Court and/or my Lawyer advised me to do so to minimize financial damage.

Maybe he really is a cool guy... but If stern had asked me to do this as a pre-curser to being hired... I'd have seriously considered not taking the job.

So; in summary - I'm happy for the guy. Just not happy with the way he treated the community.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Just not happy with the way he treated the community.

Dude.. it was HIS PROJECT (well him and his brother).. he just showed it to us. The community had no shared interest in the project beyond being VOYEURS.

Stop acting like the guy just pull the rug out from under you and cost you something.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Just not happy with the way he treated the community.

Your view of reality is frightening.

It's his project and his career and he doesn't need to answer to you or "the community" to make these decisions for himself.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from L8vid:

I still have pieces of history scattered about my garage floor, and a blob of history where my paint can nozzle dripped flat black...

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So; in summary - I'm happy for the guy. Just not happy with the way he treated the community.

Yep. Keith really shat all over the entire pinball community! I can't believe that jackass had the audacity to take a job at Stern and take down his videos. F' that guy!

#464 7 years ago

Dude... There is a concept here.... we share information for the well being of the hobby.
So yeah; I feel like he took good concepts and put them back in his toy box.
His right; sure. But it's still wrong in my box.

So; This is the last post I will make on the subject.
SDTM

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Dude... There is a concept here.... we share information for the well being of the hobby.

Seems to me that something very positive came out of Keith sharing his Archer design with the pinball community. He got a fucking job at Stern!!

That certainly seems to be for the "well being of the hobby" to me.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So; This is the last post I will make on the subject.
SDTM

Dismissed (resized).jpgDismissed (resized).jpg

#467 7 years ago

LOL reading some people's posts you would think he took the machine outside and destroyed it with a hammer.

#468 7 years ago

I think it's great to see a pinball champ get a design job at Stern. I'm looking forward to his first game!

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

LOL reading some people's posts you would think he took the machine outside and destroyed it with a hammer.

Which if he wanted to it was within his right to do so.

Anyone with a negative comment about the news IMO is a complete moron. Stern was smart enough to Hire the best player thats probably ever played pinball combined His ability to find issues with game rules/code & his ability to design a fun layout can't be looked as anything but a huge asset for Stern.

#470 7 years ago

Wow zitt face. My ignore list just keeps on growing!

#471 7 years ago

This forum has become so black and white. Why can't you be happy for Keith, excited about the game potential, and still be disappointed some cool videos that will be interesting to compare against in a couple years are gone?

Zitt is acting like a tool. Don't diss Keith. And don't act entitled. I'm simply saying I think it sucks. Not because I'm owed anything, just because I like history and the hobby is cooler with more documentation, not less.

If there was a video of a prototype of Alien3 before it became BSD would you want to see it? I would!

#472 7 years ago

Great news! Good to get both an amazing player and an operator into the mix. He'll know what works at home, on route, and at tournaments.

Obviously Stern can't have an employee putting unlicensed material out into the world...it will probably create unnecessary friction with rights holders even if it's totally legal. I think the Archer vids will eventually be back.

#473 7 years ago

Congrats Keith, what an opportunity and experience - enjoy. For what ever reason it is a shame the blog and videos got removed but respect your decision and hope you and Stern do Archer, would be a shame to let your design pass.

#474 7 years ago

How AWESOME it is that KME is working for Stern soon. Archer looks badass, and I can't wait to see what he makes next. It's great to see NEW designers in the pinball industry, especially the world pinball champion. Congrats, Keith! Keith unsheathed!

#475 7 years ago

Archer looks good, i hope stern will be producing it and that is why it was taken down.. But thinking about if stern does produce it i wonder if the machine as it is would be the pro model and they add more cool stuff for a premium, or opposite they strip things away to make the pro

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Didn't you know that Jared is the only Stern employee allowed to post here...oh wait...he doesn't post here anymore either.

He might not post here, but I *guarantee* that he trolls here.

#477 7 years ago

If you can get a paying job doing what you love its great. Congrats to Stern for recognizing Keith's
Talent. I hope plans for Archer aren't shelved but regardless we are sure to see something great.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

He might not post here, but I *guarantee* that he trolls here.

Lurks. Trolling is bad and KME is no troll.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Lurks. Trolling is bad and KME is no troll.

I think he was referring to Jared.

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Maybe he really is a cool guy... but If stern had asked me to do this as a pre-curser to being hired... I'd have seriously considered not taking the job

Fortunately, Keith does not think (if you can call it that) like you.

I am REALLY looking forward to playing anything he designs. The worlds best players know what makes a game challenging and fun.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

and still be disappointed some cool videos that will be interesting to compare against in a couple years are gone?

Have you asked Keith if he could send you copies of the videos for personal viewing?

If he says he can't, oh well... you've learned rule #1: don't trust the permanence of the internet. If you see something you may want to look at in the future, download it now. Life happens, and stuff goes away with no notice (was: re: clay's guides... etc)

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Being a pinball designer is a dream job of mine. It's tough but a labor of love

Just catching up with the tread. Nice prediction.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Rereading it, you're probably correct. Dwight has an account and has posted openly in the past, especially in the early stages of GB. I'd love to know how many other accounts exist and who those belong to. And then who else just lurks as a guest.

All of the other MFGs are pretty open about who they are on here, even if they don't post very often. I can honestly see both sides of why Stern doesn't and others do.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well I'd say this project is a damn fine resume.

You're next, Eric. Hopefully Gomez is listening.

#485 7 years ago

Oh, now I wish I hadn't caught up with all the last years posts. So sad the reaction to Keith's life-long ambition being achieved. Loved watching the white wood being developed. It may be completely re-themed for all we know, and if so, that's up to Stern and Keith. Good luck to them, and looking forward to future developments.

#486 7 years ago

Everyone here bad mouthing Keith Elwin is sad excuse for a human. Really, one of us pinheads gets the golden ticket of pinball. to work at a pinball company. everyone should be happy for him and not whining in their milk and some of you here honestly wonder why good people keep leaving? wise up kids, the problem is you.

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Have you asked Keith if he could send you copies of the videos for personal viewing?
If he says he can't, oh well... you've learned rule #1: don't trust the permanence of the internet. If you see something you may want to look at in the future, download it now. Life happens, and stuff goes away with no notice (was: re: clay's guides... etc)

True that.

#488 7 years ago

Let me preemtivley say Wtf Keith??? No spinners on the pro? And how dare you eliminate the drop targets...wtf man! Stern sucks, never buying another NIB. Lastly, where is the code!!

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

SHE...

Quiddity is my wife. : |

1 week later
#490 7 years ago

Wow, who woulda thunk, all you need to do to get a job at Stern is to completely build your own pinball table in it's entirety! Then they welcome you with open arms (as long as that amazing IP comes with you!)

Plot twist: Archer gets produced by Jersey Jack instead.

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow, who woulda thunk, all you need to do to get a job at Stern is to completely build your own pinball table in it's entirety! Then they welcome you with open arms (as long as that amazing IP comes with you!)
Plot twist: Archer gets produced by Jersey Jack instead.

Kinda helps if you're the #1 ranked pinball player in the world though.

1 year later
#492 6 years ago

So will Iron Maiden be a re-themed archer?

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So will Iron Maiden be a re-themed archer?

Maybe!

#494 6 years ago

really hope it is the Deadpool, as the shooting range would fit well from the archer layout and Archer is such a cool layout

#495 6 years ago

I would prefer Deadpool too as I'm a litter burnt out on music themes. Such a cool looking layout though. I'm sure it will be a hit if they can deliver that design.

#496 6 years ago

I'm for "Ready Player One" -- a pinball game about a video game where you play virtual pinball, with video modes...

#497 6 years ago

Great layout only the right upper flipper is to low.
But George Gomez have already fix this i think .
Cant wait to see whats its going to be.
Deadpool will do.

There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-home-brew-pinball-machine-blog/page/10?hl=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.